Author Topic: EL AL  (Read 9116 times)

Offline Hjay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: EL AL
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2018, 02:08:26 AM »
Yes. You should have seen the lines.

Regular airport security or elal security before checkin?

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2018, 06:04:22 AM »
Dear Customers,
In these days, El Al's check-in counters are unusually busy.
Our customers who purchase VIP service for these flights
will enjoy from a significant service at security checks, check-in counters and borders control.
We can not commit to VIP service at the El Al check-in counters.
As for the all other airlines, the service will be provided in full as Airport conditions permit.

Best regards
Laufer Aviation GHI

Utter ridiculousness.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. ĖJ. Paul Getty

Get back expired miles!
getmymilesback@gmail.com

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2018, 07:15:54 AM »
Regular airport security or elal security before checkin?

ELAL section of Airport security. All other counters were empty. You will be fine if flying untied or delta

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2018, 07:19:57 AM »
ELAL section of Airport security. All other counters were empty. You will be fine if flying untied or delta

Of course, those airlines have practically and entire section to themselves and itís just one flight. Now El Al has tens of flights using that one check in areaÖ

Has anyone ever tried heading over to a different section for security?

Get back expired miles!
getmymilesback@gmail.com

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2018, 07:23:07 AM »
Of course, those airlines have practically and entire section to themselves and itís just one flight. Now El Al has tens of flights using that one check in areaÖ

Has anyone ever tried heading over to a different section for security?

How can you head somewhere else? You need to check your bags to ELAL

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2018, 07:25:59 AM »
How can you head somewhere else? You need to check your bags to ELAL

If you have no bags or checked in online. Also, the barcodes the security people put on arenít specific to the airline; they just indicate that they interviewed the passenger carrying it.

Get back expired miles!
getmymilesback@gmail.com

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
If you have no bags or checked in online. Also, the barcodes the security people put on arenít specific to the airline; they just indicate that they interviewed the passenger carrying it.

Correct, but the bags must still be dropped off at Elal, that is the main line.
If you have no bags you can go right thru, but that likely doesnít apply to most traveling to Israel.

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2018, 08:03:22 AM »
Correct, but the bags must still be dropped off at Elal, that is the main line.
If you have no bags you can go right thru, but that likely doesnít apply to most traveling to Israel.

Yeah, youíre correct on that. Iím dreading the likely situation there Motzaei Yom Kippur.

Get back expired miles!
getmymilesback@gmail.com

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2018, 08:31:49 AM »
So just to clarify thatís the security before checkin. It has been discussed on DDF before. Itís beyond insane. Itís makes no sense that they havenít taken care of it. Itís been going for as long as I can remember. Iíve learnt my lesson that going early to tlv just means waiting longer on that line. Maybe if we can somehow make some noise about it, something will change though itís highly doubtful.

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2018, 01:56:36 PM »
So just to clarify thatís the security before checkin. It has been discussed on DDF before. Itís beyond insane. Itís makes no sense that they havenít taken care of it. Itís been going for as long as I can remember. Iíve learnt my lesson that going early to tlv just means waiting longer on that line. Maybe if we can somehow make some noise about it, something will change though itís highly doubtful.

+1000

I consistently wait well over an hour every time I fly LY. On other airlines it means I have time to visit the lounge or browse Duty Free. If you check stats, almost none of the flights depart TLV on time. I wonder why...

Get back expired miles!
getmymilesback@gmail.com

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2018, 06:47:32 PM »
This is very specific to LY.
Just do the math: They have night flights to LAX, JFK, EWR, MIA, BOS, PEK, BKK, HKG, many of which are on massive 747's and 777's. All their flights use the same 8-16 check in desks (don't remember exactly) and they tend to have large families that travel with lots of bags, strollers, car seats, etc'

Meanwhile Delta or United have one flight on a smaller plane and they use 3-4 check in desks. The LY line is 40 minutes on a good day and 2:00 hours on a bad one.

If I ever flew LY in economy with my family, I would probably spring for the $140 or so that the VIP service cost.

Wouldn't you pay $140 when the alternative is suffering like crazy with the whole family for two hours? If you are that cheap, take the bus to the airport instead of a taxi or better yet, don't fly ELAL.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »
Just do the math: They have night flights to LAX, JFK, EWR, MIA, BOS, PEK, BKK, HKG, many of which are on massive 747's and 777's. All their flights use the same 8-16 check in desks (don't remember exactly) and they tend to have large families that travel with lots of bags, strollers, car seats, etc'

Meanwhile Delta or United have one flight on a smaller plane and they use 3-4 check in desks. The LY line is 40 minutes on a good day and 2:00 hours on a bad one.

If I ever flew LY in economy with my family, I would probably spring for the $140 or so that the VIP service cost.

Wouldn't you pay $140 when the alternative is suffering like crazy with the whole family for two hours? If you are that cheap, take the bus to the airport instead of a taxi or better yet, don't fly ELAL.
Well stated. How does one get the VIP service? Is it a subscription, or a pay per use?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2018, 07:20:04 PM »

Agreed, but the solution isnít everyone paying $140. Its ELAL solving there issues.

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2018, 12:45:19 AM »

Dear Customers,
In these days, El Al's check-in counters are unusually busy.
Our customers who purchase VIP service for these flights
will enjoy from a significant service at security checks, check-in counters and borders control.
We can not commit to VIP service at the El Al check-in counters.
As for the all other airlines, the service will be provided in full as Airport conditions permit.

Best regards
Laufer Aviation GHI

Regardless I have a cheaper alternative show up later.

Agreed, but the solution isnít everyone paying $140. Its ELAL solving there issues.

+100

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2018, 01:14:21 AM »
Regardless I have a cheaper alternative show up later.

+1

The counters are empty then. I have a friend who has been doing this for years and it never failed him.

Get back expired miles!
getmymilesback@gmail.com