Author Topic: Ultimate Jet Charter TR  (Read 4318 times)

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
Ultimate Jet Charter TR
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:43:57 PM »
This trip was round trip on a scheduled charter service from Burke airport in Cleveland to Cincinnati Municipal Lunken Airport.
These are both small airports, and if you hate TSA you will love these flights.
No baggage fees, no parking fees, and for my needs, they were cheaper and quicker than a commercial flight.

I needed to be at a business that is located halfway between Louisville KY and Cincinnati OH. And I found out on Thursday, that i needed to be there on Monday. Its over a 5 hour drive, and I wasnt interested in sleeping over or driving 10 hours in one day. So I quickly went over to ITA and confirmed that there were no scheduled direct flights to any of these airports from CLE. So I looked at stopovers. The times and prices were crazy. But I really needed to be there. Then I remembered this guys post, and got to work. http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=38518.msg1283889#msg1283889

To be continued...
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Jet Charter TR
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:37:01 PM »
So I google ultimate air, and I see that they have flights from BKE leaving at 8:10am, and leaving LUK at 4:45 pm. Perfect times. More than enough time to drive down to where I needed to be, and return, with plenty of time to spare in Cinnci. So I go online, book, and a minute later I get an email with my confirmation number.
Now, I just used my company's National account to rent a Midsize at LUK for ~ $50 for the day.
All set.

On friday, a co-worker tells me that he also wants to go, do I know any good flights. So I tell him about Ultimate, and as he is putting in his information, I tell him to wait a sec. I remember that they had a BOGO offer when they introduced the route, so I called up to see if it was still running. The rep tells me that there is a BOGO deal that just started yesterday, but only on phone reservations. Rather than have me cancell my original online reservation (free cancellations up to 24 hrs before the flight...but maybe a $25 cc refund fee), she tells me that she can add the other passenger. I give her his name and dates that he wants to fly, which is the same as mine, and a minute later I get a confirmation # for him, with a $0.00 cost! Wow, R/T for two only $379!

But I would soon learn a lesson in DROPR...
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »
A few hours later I get a call from a number that I dont recognise. (There will be more...later.) Hello, is this username? Well We made a mistake and the BOGO is only for weekend travel, so we've cancelled your reservation (!). Oh well, I did ask for some type of discount, but she wouldn't budge. So I ended up buying an additional ticket at full cost.

Monday morning my flight was scheduled for 8:10. I was able to daven at a decent minyan, and then drive straight to Burke. When I got there, I was a little dismayed to see a gaurd house by the parking lot, with a sign saying $6 Parking. And here I thought that parking would be free! As I got closer, I saw that the booth was deserted, and parking was indeed free.
I parked and went inside. I handed my ID to the lady at the counter, and she gave me my boarding pass, and waved me into the lounge/waiting room. Decent place with a nice view. Water ,coffee, and some granola bars as well.

I was there about 30 minutes before departure, and had some time to walk around Burke. The restroom at Ultimate was out of order, so i had to walk to the other end of the building. there is an intersting display of old planes, all relating to women in aviation-spread throughout the building.
5 minutes before our scheduled takeoff we boarded, and were #1 for takoff.

Plastic Boarding Pass (No I could not keep it!)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:18:06 PM by username »
^^^

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »
No pics of BKL?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
View from the waiting area.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:40:11 PM by username »
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 02:38:31 PM »
Our plane as seen from the 'waiting area. Dornier  328. 30 seats, 1-2 configuration, with bathroom and galley in the rear.
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:39:38 PM »
No pics of BKL?
I'm spoiled. This was not my first time flying from BKE.
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »
The flight was pretty empty, probably 10-12 people. Seating is not assigned, so i was debating taking a single seat on one side, or a double seat on the other side. The double was my choice, but for some reason, my co-worker wanted to sit next to me. Otherwise, I did have things planned for the 45 minute flight. Flight was uneventful. Soda, granola bar, yogurt for all.
Skies were clear, nice comfy flight. Maybe it was where I was sitting, but there was a decent 'bump' when we touched down in LUK. LUK is a regional Cincinnati airport, located 15 minutes from downtown. Ultimate has a free shuttle (black Mercedees minibus)to downtown. When I got into the terminal, I asked where National was. She checked to see if my keys and contract were there, they weren't, and told me that next time, call National and let them know to leave the car and the keys for you at the gate. So they took us by van/bus to the Enterprise that was on the other end of the airport. Picked up the car, and was told that on my return, just park by the terminal, and drop the keys in the key-box there.
For those who like old buildings, check out this picture of the (original? ) terminal building. This is not where out terminal was located.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:15:02 PM by username »
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
I see now that the displays at Burke are not just some old aircrafts, simulaters, and dresses. It is actually the International Women's Air & Space Museum.
http://iwasm.org/wp-blog/

Wow, and to think that I lived here so long and never realized that we had an International museum in our backyard!
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 03:56:43 PM »
Picture from the back of the plane.
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
Note the clear window on the cockpit door.
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »
^^^

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
Nice report and pics thanks.

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »
 Great report and nice find.
I'll keep in mind

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »
We head bach to Cinci, and we see that we will be getting to the city about an hour before our scheduled departure. Perfect, just enought time to check out Kinneret Pizza (the other one - you would think that in all Ohio, you wouldnt need to reuse names for Pizza stores!).
I called about 10 minutes before we got there, but either they didnt believe me, or it just takes more time. I set a 20 min timer, and told my co-worker that when it rings, we are out. After a short wait we got pizza and fries. The fries were really good, with a nice crusty batter or whatever. Eat , bentch, pit stop, and wer're out the door. We get to the airport like 28 minutes before departure---just enough time to pull past the airport and rerfill the gastank on the rental.

We park the car, drop the keys in the box, and go into the airport. Same checkin system, just show your licence and go to the gate/waiting area/lounge. When we get there, they say, that they are just waiting for the last passenger, and as soon as he gets there, we will board. I check out the lounge. this is their hub, so the frij is stocked with yougurt and other goodies. Coffee, water, and snack bars. There is also a shower available in the men's bathroom, off in a pretty secluded corner, but BYOC (curtain) if desired.
Then I get another call. Hi is this username? This is National, we're calling because it looks like we did not get your credit card number. (I did not prepay for the rental, but at the counter the rep said that I was all set. I knew something was 'off', so I was not entirely suprised. Otherwise, I should have been suspicious that it could be a scam). I gave her the information, but because of the call, we were the last to board. No big deal, got fine seats, simmilar oilam from the morning, my co-worker claimed that it was pretty much the same guys.
After we board, we turn around and see this.
^^^

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »
So when the FA comes through asking if we want drinks, my CW ask if the only have soft drinks. Of course not, there is complimentry beer and spirits also! So he indulges, while I enjoy my cola. There was also a nice deli/cheese tray offered, but it didnt loook too kosher.
Smooth landing, and walk out to my car, to go home. I got a little farblungen trying to leave the lot. You need (I think) to go through an arm that opens automaticly, but now I am wondering if you can just go out the way you came in. Cost me about 40 seconds.

Now I see here, that I could have saved $50, making the cost RT $329, with parking, luggage and drinks included. Promotions Archive - Ultimate Air Shuttle

The end.
(For now.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:18:26 AM by username »
^^^