Author Topic: AwardHacker: a tool we build to tell you how to travel with the least miles  (Read 39860 times)

Offline AwardHacker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • AwardHacker
Deleted my cookies too, and still no go.  It won't let me see the drop down menu. 

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.

So what about other select filters like stops/off-peak? Can you see the dropdown menus there?

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I can only see the drop down menus on FF Programs and Reward Programs, none of the others.  Really strange.

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
What about chrome in incognito?
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline AwardHacker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • AwardHacker
I can only see the drop down menus on FF Programs and Reward Programs, none of the others.  Really strange.

I see... I will try to find a windows machine to debug. But it will be wonderful if you could right-click the page, choose "Inspect", and see if there are any errors (shown in red) in the Console ;D Thanks!

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
Same issues in incognito.  This is what inspect shows, although I'm clueless as to what I'm looking for.

Offline AwardHacker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • AwardHacker
Same issues in incognito.  This is what inspect shows, although I'm clueless as to what I'm looking for.

There is a "Console" on top, right next to "Elements". Could you please click it and see if it shows any errors?

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
It's not showing anything.

Offline AwardHacker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • AwardHacker
It's not showing anything.

Wow that can't be more strange... Are you using a computer with touch screen or something like that?

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
Wow that can't be more strange... Are you using a computer with touch screen or something like that?

Wow!  Good call.  It works using the touchscreen, but not by using the touch pad.

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
When will you add AEGEAN AIR?-they offer good reward value on STAR ALLIANCE  awards

What you have done so far is helpful and know it is a "work in progress" and have done a good job---but can be misleading --since many airlines are left off
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:57:12 AM by SPLP »

Offline AwardHacker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • AwardHacker
Wow!  Good call.  It works using the touchscreen, but not by using the touch pad.

I've made some fix for it, but I'm not sure if it will work since I don't have such a device to test. Tell me if the bug is still there.

Offline enwhycee

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
It's working fine for me!

Offline Elite1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K, ELAL PLT, AA GLD,
What is this?:

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
What is this?:
There at countless routing errors.  They aren't accurate at all.

We haven't added any routing rules yet, but we definitely will!

Offline Emkay

• View Profile

When will you add AEGEAN AIR?-they offer good reward value on STAR ALLIANCE  awards

For example? What's a good value without high YQ?

Offline SPLP

• View Profile

For example? What's a good value without high YQ?

today i fig any yq less than 300 is good - no yq !!!sure it would be better :) -but when you start trip from Europe( athens ) almost always high yq compared to starting in states

ATH JFK R/T 90K BIZ  and ABT $300 Y Q- this is less than  LH .BA Y Q --  and less miles ---united is abt $100 yq but 140k--- -I have not yet used A3 for this - called A3 and was quoted this

if u disagree feel free to explain a better way

Offline Emkay

• View Profile
The very website we are discussing shows cheaper options.

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
The very website we are discussing shows cheaper options.
---YES

(Awd hacker is doing a good job and eventually it could be the go to tool once it is completed )

-but--I personalty prefer to stay with an American or European airline , i just feel more comfortable -the European partners ( ba etc) of JAL CX etc  that offer less than 90k r/t will have i blv higher yq -- but i do understand why others will use them (Asian airlines)

just saw this (FROM running with miles )- for whatever it is worth -pt 2 is very important to me

Read more: Should your credit to United or Aegean?
1. Together Account – Pool Miles

If you (or anyone you know) has an Aegean Silver or Gold account, you can setup what is called a Together Account. This is an account where you can pool miles from your travels and up to 5 other people. This is a great way to make use of those few thousand miles that your friends, family, or co-workers get in a year!

Many times, people may not even put a FF number on a ticket thinking that they will not be able to do anything with the 3,000 miles they earn (especially with how United awards miles now). With a Together Account, all of those miles pool together into one account that you can use for yourself or anyone else!

Plus, you will get 1,000 award miles for each account that is made with Aegean and those pool as well! To see all the details about the Together Account, check this post.
2. Cheap Cancellation Fees

US airlines charge a high amount for a general traveler to cancel an award ticket. It can be $200 just to get your miles back when you cancel an award! Not so with many foreign airline programs! In the case of Aegean, it is only €20 to cancel an award flight and get your miles back! This is helpful as you may be able to make more speculative award bookings without worrying about what the cost will be to cancel later.
3. Generous Award Chart
Aegean Airlines

Some of the sweet spots with Aegean awards

With the US airlines gutting their premium award charts, foreign programs can look more attractive all the time. With Aegean, there are many good redemption “sweet spots” to consider if you like premium award travel.

For instance, instead of paying 70,000 miles to fly US – Europe in business class on a partner airline (like you will with United), you can do that for only 45,000 miles with Aegean! Yes, you will pay fuel surcharges on airlines like Lufthansa, Austrian, Turkish, and others but you will be saving a substantial amount on the mileage end! Plus, the fuel surcharges are not nearly as bad as British Airways surcharges are (you can fly Turkish business for about $100+ one way).
4. SPG Transfer Partner

Towards the end of last year, SPG became partners with Aegean for transfers. That was a great news since there was no easy way for people to accrue Aegean miles unless they flew before. Now, you can transfer at 1:1 and receive a 5,000 mile bonus for every 20,000 Starpoints you transfer. This can be a great way to get to your next award quicker!

To put it plainly, you can now get business class tickets on carriers like Lufthansa, United, Turkish, Austrian, etc. between North American and Europe for only 40,000 Starpoints – and have 5,000 miles leftover (you will pay surcharges on some of those airlines).

Tip: If you wanted to transfer to United, it will be at a 2:1 ratio so Aegean is a nice way to get some award flights on United with the straight 1:1 transfer ratio.
Summary

With all the changes being made in US frequent flyer programs, it can make sense to look at crediting flights to partners. While the amount of miles you earn with Aegean will differ based on the fare class of the ticket, it can still provide some nice ways to accumulate miles quicker with things like the Together account and the SPG transfer option.

Offline AwardHacker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • AwardHacker
What is this?:

We don't have ANY route filters yet... So most search will contain some unrealistic or forbidden routes, and you just got one 8)

Offline physixfan

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • US Credit Card Guide
v1.1:
  • 2016.6.16 updated.
  • We changed the way to select Frequent Flyer Programs. Now UR/MR/TYP/SPG points options are combined with Frequent Flyer Programs options, so their relationship has become OR. Now you can easily make this kind of selection: "show UR/MR/TYP partners and AA mile, but don’t show other SPG partners".
  • We added support to the following miles:
    • Air France (AF) Flying Blue (First class not included since it is only available to elite Flying Blue members)
    • Asiana Airlines (OZ) Asiana Club
    • Avianca (AV) LifeMiles (Partners only)