Author Topic: Balance Transfer offer/Convenience Checks  (Read 1709 times)

Offline camello

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Balance Transfer offer/Convenience Checks
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »
Does anybody know if the Capital One Prestige card comes with convenience checks?

Many credit cards consider convenience checks as balance transfers, but the money can go into your checking account instead of paying off another credit card.

I need the $ in my checking account and not to pay off creditors because of an unforeseen expense.  I know that Citi offers transfer sometimes to personal checking and they mail out checks all the time, but right now I don't have an offer from them.

I don't want to sign up for a new cc unless I know that once I'm approved I will be able to transfer funds form the balance transfer into my personal checking account.  Note: This is NOT considered a cash advance!  I am not interested in a cash advance because of the high interest charges.

I am only interested in a 0% APR balance transfer offer for 12+ months.  I have excellent credit.

Thanks!

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: Balance Transfer offer/Convenience Checks
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 01:16:18 PM »
Bank of America will let you transfer into a checking and it's considered a balance transfer. Many other cards will do that too. You have to call them and see.

Offline camello

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Balance Transfer offer/Convenience Checks
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »
I call them and many of them tell me that "it's not guaranteed" that they will allow me to transfer at 0% into my checking

Was curious if anyone had experience with this....and which companies they were able to do it with.  I am able to do it with Citi (sometimes)