Author Topic: Maximizing benefits out of 60 days of rentals?  (Read 864 times)

Offline rans

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Maximizing benefits out of 60 days of rentals?
« on: June 05, 2016, 11:18:02 AM »
Hi,

I'm about to book a medium-size car rental for (mostly consecutive) 60 days near SFO, paid by me but reimbursed by an employer 

This might make this an interesting opportunity to gain some benefits - points/miles/statuses - derived from this rental. I would appreciate your experienced advice on how to do so! I'm working on my status with UA, so I would prefer crediting any miles there. I don't mind splitting the rental periods with 2 or even 3 companies if that can help maximizing benefits.

Current rental companies statuses: Hertz Five Star, National Executive
Current CC: Amex - SPG, Plat, Chase - Sapphire, United Explorer

Thanks in advance fr any creative ideas!

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Maximizing benefits out of 60 days of rentals?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »
Hi,

I'm about to book a medium-size car rental for (mostly consecutive) 60 days near SFO, paid by me but reimbursed by an employer 

This might make this an interesting opportunity to gain some benefits - points/miles/statuses - derived from this rental. I would appreciate your experienced advice on how to do so! I'm working on my status with UA, so I would prefer crediting any miles there. I don't mind splitting the rental periods with 2 or even 3 companies if that can help maximizing benefits.

Current rental companies statuses: Hertz Five Star, National Executive
Current CC: Amex - SPG, Plat, Chase - Sapphire, United Explorer

Thanks in advance fr any creative ideas!
I doubt miles credited to UA from a car rental will be EQM (IOW they won't help you for status)

If you do credit them to an airline, when you take out the rental make sure that your not earning any rental points and afterwards credit it to the airline. That way you avoid the per day charge for crediting points to airlines.

Offline rans

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 06:12:40 PM »
Thanks!
Any other creative ideas on how to get the most of this "free" 60 days of rentals that I need to book soon?

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
Would be better to split it up if your going to be relying on CC insurance. Some Cc only cover up to 45 days. Some 30.