Author Topic: Combining SPG account  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Combining SPG account
« on: March 23, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »
I recently got the Canadian Amex SPG card, in addition to the US card which I had for a few years. I put my existing SPG # on the Canadian application, however a new SPG account was created. Attempting to combine accounts, the rep I just spoke with consulted with her manager who said that I can't combine the two accounts since they have different addresses. In addition she said I can't have 2 accounts so I have to close one. Obviously that sound rediculous because firstly thats Amexs issue if I can have two Amex cards. Secondly, its obvious the reason for both; one when making purchase in the US in US dollars, one for making purchases in Canada in Canadian dollars. Has anyone had experience with this before. Should I be concerned about possibly losing the point in my Canadian account, or was this manager just one of those uninformed types often mentioned in the forums? Interesting to point out the rep herself was sympathetic and did'nt thnik the the manager made sence. Maybe they shuold switch positions?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Combining SPG account
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »
I recently got the Canadian Amex SPG card, in addition to the US card which I had for a few years. I put my existing SPG # on the Canadian application, however a new SPG account was created. Attempting to combine accounts, the rep I just spoke with consulted with her manager who said that I can't combine the two accounts since they have different addresses. In addition she said I can't have 2 accounts so I have to close one. Obviously that sound rediculous because firstly thats Amexs issue if I can have two Amex cards. Secondly, its obvious the reason for both; one when making purchase in the US in US dollars, one for making purchases in Canada in Canadian dollars. Has anyone had experience with this before. Should I be concerned about possibly losing the point in my Canadian account, or was this manager just one of those uninformed types often mentioned in the forums? Interesting to point out the rep herself was sympathetic and did'nt thnik the the manager made sence. Maybe they shuold switch positions?

You rightfully earned the points, I can't see why they'd close the accounts and take away the points. I would switch addresses on one account and then get the accounts merged.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
You rightfully earned the points, I can't see why they'd close the accounts and take away the points. I would switch addresses on one account and then get the accounts merged.
The rep insinuated that the address on the SPG account and cc have to be the same. I would like to still use both my Canadian and US cards to get SPG points.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline yossi4k

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »
 I had a personal spg for a while then opened a biz spg which generated a new spg number. I see online where you can combine 2 spg accounts. Question is What happens afterwards, will they still transfer from amex biz to the original spg account?

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 07:37:06 AM »
Does spg points expire ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 07:54:56 AM »
Does spg points expire ?
Yes, after 12 months of no activity in the account.

Offline Z56

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 01:26:06 PM »
Yes, after 12 months of no activity in the account.

Even for point transfers ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »

Offline Z56

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 03:07:19 PM »