Author Topic: Sprint "Excessive Roaming" Termination  (Read 18361 times)

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Re: Sprint "Excessive Roaming" Termination
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
Keep a tab and do note that it goes by over half of total usage so just using more on sprint (say kol haloshon and leave it playing) might do the trick to increase your sprint "utilization ratio" ;-)

I think my prob was the "over 800 mins/ month" clause

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »
gotcha

Offline HSS

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »
yes please

Enjoy!! Attached is a PNG Screenshot of my Gmail Convo.

BTW Just so you all know Daniel Hesse is Sprint CEO!!!!

His confirmed email is Daniel dot Hesse at Sprint dot com

I know this because Bob Johnson cc'd him in his reply to me (bob dot johnson at sprint dot com)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:07:17 AM by HSS »

Offline Jakob

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:24 AM »
That's a good letter. I may have to borrow it if and when I get my letter.

Online gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:40 AM »
I will try, but its hard when one of the places I use the most I only get roaming coverage.
i have the same problem, working in a basement that only gets verizon. worse; my phone doesn't have "roam only" setting, so i miss alot of calls. in the end i set my voicemail to forward to google voice, which rings on my gmail open on my desktop

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »
That's a good letter. I may have to borrow it if and when I get my letter.

Thanks honestly just be genuine, everything in there is absolutely true, there was no need to embellish, just state the facts and show them how it is in their best interest to fix the problem as well. So make your letter fit your situation.

Honestly after what I know now from being in the situation, I wouldn't wait to get termination letter if I were you, if you have already received a warning letter and you know that you havent been able to comply take proactive measures now to ensure you dont get the "letter".

Sprint Excessive Roaming Dept - 866-957-6899
Sprint Executive Customer Service - 703-433-4401

Good Luck!

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
i have the same problem, working in a basement that only gets verizon. worse; my phone doesn't have "roam only" setting, so i miss alot of calls. in the end i set my voicemail to forward to google voice, which rings on my gmail open on my desktop

Ya, but my centro has "roaming only" lol

One good thing I have going for me is the building I am using it in is my Yeshiva with close to 500 guys and probably a large majority are Sprint customers so I spoke to them on the phone as well and reiterated that it is in their best interest to get the service working in the basement because everyone is roaming when they are downstairs, I just may do it more frequently.

Offline Jakob

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
I haven't received a warning yet but I do roam, a lot.

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »
I haven't received a warning yet but I do roam, a lot.

Also I didnt know until now but if you call that excessive roaming dept phone number, they can tell you your current roaming usage so you can be mindful of it.  Because there is no other way to check online or otherwise to see the roaming usage.  The people over there are surprisingly competent by the way.

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Update:

So Over Shabbos (Friday night 8PM) I missed 3 phone calls and got an email and a voicemail from someone who seems to be one of the lead engineers in the Airave department to work on getting my Airave to work or somehow assisting me to get service.  He stated in the voicemail that this came down from upper management and he was assigned to help me fix the issue, and left me his direct number and email to contact to get this fixed.

EECB's really do rock!!!!

Offline arie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
check out jigsaw.com, it seems to be a great place to find contact info (only two free contacts per account, if you need more just use another email for a new account)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:08:38 PM by arie »

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:20 AM »
BTW Just so you all know Daniel Hesse is Sprint CEO!!!!

His confirmed email is Daniel dot Hesse at Sprint dot com

I know this because Bob Johnson cc'd him in his reply to me (bob dot johnson at sprint dot com)[/b]
I was reading an article in this weeks Haamodia about the AT&T/T-Mobile mereger and it quoted Daniel Hesse CEO of Sprint...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
check out jigsaw.com, it seems to be a great place to find contact info (only two free contacts per account, if you need more just use another email for a new account)
More companies have the same email format for everyone.
If you know 2 emails you know everyone's email by just looking at the company's officers.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jack12

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 09:32:32 AM »
HSS - how did you end up emailing all the sprint people - CC, BCC, individual ?

Online gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »
Ya, but my centro has "roaming only" lol
ya it's a different problem (sprint on your back for excessive roaming) just saying this (google voice) solution might work for your issue also (although you might have gotten a better solution by now)

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »
HSS - how did you end up emailing all the sprint people - CC, BCC, individual ?

I sent Email to: Daniel.Hesse at sprint.com

with BCC to everyone else

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »
ya it's a different problem (sprint on your back for excessive roaming) just saying this (google voice) solution might work for your issue also (although you might have gotten a better solution by now)

google voice would be nice, but I dont have high speed internet there, I use a broadband card

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 01:59:56 AM »
UPDATE:

So after hocking a lot with an "engineer" who specializes in the Airave devices he was able to increase the signal enough to give me signal in the basement, but it is very spotty and not real viable solution.  BTW, this guy called me and said it had come from "upper management" and is on the top of his "to do list" and seemed very anxious to be able to mark this ticket as completed, lol :)

However I did receive a call from a different department that specializes in "in-building coverage solutions" and basically they would come down to the building and set up an antenna outside and run wires to a repeater inside as well as install indoor ceiling mount antenna throughout the basement in order to give us coverage!!! They said that would do all of this at no cost there would just have to be a legal committment by someone to promise to remain a customer for X number of years in order to show some ROI (return on investment) on their end.  I did ask what the price would be if no such contract was signed and he said based on the size of our Yeshiva's basement (approx 12,000 square feet) it would be $11,000!!! I guess we will see what happens!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 02:07:19 AM »
However I did receive a call from a different department that specializes in "in-building coverage solutions" and basically they would come down to the building and set up an antenna outside and run wires to a repeater inside as well as install indoor ceiling mount antenna throughout the basement in order to give us coverage!!! They said that would do all of this at no cost there would just have to be a legal committment by someone to promise to remain a customer for X number of years in order to show some ROI (return on investment) on their end.  I did ask what the price would be if no such contract was signed and he said based on the size of our Yeshiva's basement (approx 12,000 square feet) it would be $11,000!!! I guess we will see what happens!

This 'coverage solution' provides coverage for how many simultaneous calls? Which network(s)? Any data support?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline HSS

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »
This 'coverage solution' provides coverage for how many simultaneous calls? Which network(s)? Any data support?

Some very good questions, it seems to me from what the guy told me that it is in essence just repeating the outside signal inside, so my assumption is that there is no simultaneous call limit and that I assume there is data support.  He did ask me if we were looking just for Sprint coverage or Nextel as well and I told them just Sprint so regard networks it seems possible for both Sprint and Nextel.  The only information that I have more is a powerpoint presentation which I uploaded here: http://goo.gl/t4qv7