Author Topic: question with three browser method  (Read 135574 times)

Offline elig770

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: question with three browser method
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2011, 07:00:53 AM »
I would like to know the answer from others as well since Dan seems to be the only person who has confirmed it has worked.
IDK for sure, but after applying for 2 Chase cards I got an alert from Citi Identity Monitor saying "New Inquiry". I only got 1 alert and it only mentioned 1 inquiry.

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2011, 07:41:23 AM »
But did you actually get approved for both of those chase cards which you applied for on the same day? If denied for one,  as a duplicate app then only 1 pull would show. But I'm sure that also 2 approvals will only pull once. The question I have is weather Chase's internal database will cross-reference 2 applications within seconds of each other, and kick one out (multiple apps, too much outstanding credit, whatever reason).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:45:15 AM by scwam »

Offline fetcher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »
How did you get the 3rd rep to approve it?  What did you say?  Did you tell them you SS and they look up your account?  I want to prep up before calling them.  thanks!

Final update.  After calling Chase to move some credit into my new UA card couple days ago, I finally approved today!!! Whoohooo!  So I got 2 cards approved in one day.  thank you all for the great tips!

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2011, 03:35:08 PM »
Final update.  After calling Chase to move some credit into my new UA card couple days ago, I finally approved today!!! Whoohooo!  So I got 2 cards approved in one day.  thank you all for the great tips!

What type of browsers did you use? Both submitted at the exact same second? If not the same time, did you clear cookies/cache, reset modem just prior to submitting the second app? Which app did you submit first? Have you checked to see if your credit was pulled only once?

Offline fetcher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »
I used Chrome and Firefox...submit both apps with 2 sec... 1st BA, 2nd UA    Of course.. UA got approved..and had to call for BA.  Haven't checked my report yet..but will soon and report back. 

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »
I used Chrome and Firefox...submit both apps with 2 sec... 1st BA, 2nd UA    Of course.. UA got approved..and had to call for BA.  Haven't checked my report yet..but will soon and report back.
I am also about to try this during the week with BA + CO, even though I just closed CO 90+ days ago, I've already made a new FF# for CO. However, I used my shortname (first name) instead of my full legal first name (ie: "Tom" vs "Thomas"). However, after doing that I'm wondering if the damn ticket showing the shortname will cause an issue with my Passport's full name. I used my shortname on the new FF# to hopefully keep my 2 FF accounts from being cross referenced. I don't know weather to apply for the CO first (since they may have a min 5k line extension that may max out the credit they are willing to give), or do the BA first. I guess I'm overthinking this, but with my good Fico score right now I'm wanting to do this correctly (despite having 2 inqs in the last 30 days from a credit union and Captial one on my Equifax report, this is the last chance for CO).

I think I'm going to do this at the university on 2 different computers side by side. Hopefully the last 3 digits on the different computers' IP addresses don't alert Chase.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
I am also about to try this during the week with BA + CO, even though I just closed CO 90+ days ago, I've already made a new FF# for CO. However, I used my shortname (first name) instead of my full legal first name (ie: "Tom" vs "Thomas"). However, after doing that I'm wondering if the damn ticket showing the shortname will cause an issue with my Passport's full name. I used my shortname on the new FF# to hopefully keep my 2 FF accounts from being cross referenced. I don't know weather to apply for the CO first (since they may have a min 5k line extension that may max out the credit they are willing to give), or do the BA first. I guess I'm overthinking this, but with my good Fico score right now I'm wanting to do this correctly (despite having 2 inqs in the last 30 days from a credit union and Captial one on my Equifax report, this is the last chance for CO).

If you have other cards with Chase, you might be best off asking reconsideration to close those or transfer part of the credit line. FF# is the least of your worries IMHO. What do you consider a good FICO score?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
I have 1 card with a $4600 limit for 2 years, extensive usage, and immaculate prepayment history. I'm gambling on all that usage to help me. The CO card closed in Jan was a $6800 line. It had moderate usage (around 7k over 11 mths). FICO according to Equifax website was 772 in late march. Fako by USAA is reporting 742. Even these FICO's are so screwy as the credit union analyst hinted over 800 for the FICO. I had varing FICO's reported to me 2 years ago from banks, toyota credit, and another credit union then varying from 780 to 819. They all claimed they were FICO/Beacon scores. So I don't understand why the standard does not reflect standardized scores on the same bureau within the same week between lenders.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:26:50 PM by scwam »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
I have 1 card with a $4600 limit for 2 years, extensive usage, and immaculate prepayment history. I'm gambling on all that usage to help me. The CO card closed in Jan was a $6800 line. It had moderate usage (around 7k over 11 mths).

pity you didn't convert the $6800 line to a different card type. As far as the $4600 line, I hope your 'extensive usage' didn't cause your utilization to be too high...

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2011, 07:28:53 PM »
pity you didn't convert the $6800 line to a different card type. As far as the $4600 line, I hope your 'extensive usage' didn't cause your utilization to be too high...

Actually my utilization has been too low due to prepaying before the cycle dates. I just realized this last month. I've got typically less than 5% utilization for the past year on all my accounts, which I don't believe is the most favorable thing to reflect either. So from now on I will allow the cycle to pass before paying and keep it closer to 10%.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »
Actually my utilization has been too low due to prepaying before the cycle dates. I just realized this last month. I've got typically less than 5% utilization for the past year on all my account, which I don't believe is the most favorable thing to reflect either. So from now on I will allow the cycle to pass before paying and keep it closer to 10%.

Prepaying hasn't been an issue for you? Hmmm. I think you'll be able to push it through if your score is good, your income is high, and you're not overextended (either credit or debt) with other banks.

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2011, 07:33:56 PM »
Prepaying hasn't been an issue for you? Hmmm. I think you'll be able to push it through if your score is good, your income is high, and you're not overextended (either credit or debt) with other banks.
No issue prepaying with all my account for the last year (except having to wait 3 days between each one). In some cases I tried to double pay to make a negative balance, it worked only once - Chase usually cancels it automatically. Right now my utilization is 8% (credit cards) but if I factor the car loan it shows 30%, but as I understand, those installment loans are not really factored according the CC apps.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
No issue prepaying with all my account for the last year (except having to wait 3 days between each one). In some cases I tried to double pay to make a negative balance, it worked only once - Chase usually cancels it automatically. Right now my utilization is 8% (credit cards) but if I factor the car loan it shows 30%, but as I understand, those installment loans are not really factored according the CC apps.

Nope, installment loans are factored differently from credit cards, and (if paid on time) actually improve your score.

Offline fetcher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2011, 04:58:14 PM »

Last update:  Just check my CR, the two applications count as on 1 Hard Inquiry... woohooo!

Offline LAXtraveler

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »
I am thinking of trying to go for a CO and the BA in one shot, but I am scared for 2 reasons...

1) Lots of recent cards all pulled from same bureau (lowering my score): AA 75k (10/10), denied chase hyatt app (11/10), approved chase hyatt app (2/11), approved amex plat (3/11)

2) too many chase apps in short period of time

Thoughts?

Offline appl3

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CO, DL
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2011, 10:47:03 PM »
All I know is that Chase is stricter than the other banks. From what I've read, they typically have a 6-month rule to applying for credit. But of course...you can go for reconsideration. I just personally hate rejection.  :D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2011, 03:42:15 AM »
All I know is that Chase is stricter than the other banks. From what I've read, they typically have a 6-month rule to applying for credit. But of course...you can go for reconsideration. I just personally hate rejection.  :D
Personally I find Chase to be quite easy.  And by far and away they have the easiest recon department.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline appl3

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CO, DL
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »
Personally I find Chase to be quite easy.  And by far and away they have the easiest recon department.

Probably because I don't really use their cards much. They lowered the credit limit of my oldest card with them by 4.5k to get my CO approved even though I've been with them the longest and also have a checkings account with them.

Offline LAXtraveler

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »

Does that mean you think I can do this, Dan or will they not approve me, even with the recon line?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »
Probably because I don't really use their cards much. They lowered the credit limit of my oldest card with them by 4.5k to get my CO approved even though I've been with them the longest and also have a checkings account with them.
So call recon and have them shift the lines around or get a higher line.

Does that mean you think I can do this, Dan or will they not approve me, even with the recon line?
YMMV
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.