Author Topic: question with three browser method  (Read 135854 times)

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: question with three browser method
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »
Basicaly they said this is not a sales call please call us back asap

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
Did the BA and UA for my wife and the agent by recon asked a few times why did you apply for 2 cards are you shopping for credit . At first my wife said that she is calling about the BA card not any other ones. He said I see but why did you apply for both, my wife was honest and said that she wanted the sign up offers. It didn't sit well with him, he eventually agreed to try to push through just the BA card if she closes her CO card. 2 days later my wife called and was told that both were declined . She started arguing that they said they will close down a CO card and push through BA , she was transferred to a supervisor who said that the the 2 apps showed up as a double app for one card during recon and thats why it was declined . After some back and forth she said ok I will approve the BA for the credit line of the CO. Now we have to see if it actually gets appoved , and then see if I could still pull off the UA card.

All in All , it seems YMMV with how Chase is taking to more then one app at a time. You are still gaining the one pull , but you might be opening up a pandora box with it.

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »
I just got a voicemail from amex identity protection (not a solicitation) anyone get such a call? Can it be because of my recent double app?
they will do an id check. some red flag it happens on a new acc also gc can cause it double can cause it ect... nothing to worry about

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »
Applied CO + BA 0n 5/5 and still heard nothing on that double browser. I'm wondering without a reference number given on the apps how I should make the individual calls for each card status without bringing attention to the other card app. I just feel I should start the communication first. Last time I got the referal when I applied for the CO card in 2/10 and I thought they just outright denied me with a high score good history. Despite that I duplicated the app just to see what would happen minutes after the first referal. I thought "screw them" and went to NY and after 5 days got the email approval. Since this is 2 different card apps wondering if I should initiate the call.

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »
they will do an id check. some red flag it happens on a new acc also gc can cause it double can cause it ect... nothing to worry about
thanks
Interesting to note that they called my parents house looking for me even though that number wasn't listed on the account,and just last week they called my phone looking for my sister ???

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »
Applied CO + BA 0n 5/5 and still heard nothing on that double browser. I'm wondering without a reference number given on the apps how I should make the individual calls for each card status without bringing attention to the other card app. I just feel I should start the communication first. Last time I got the referal when I applied for the CO card in 2/10 and I thought they just outright denied me with a high score good history. Despite that I duplicated the app just to see what would happen minutes after the first referal. I thought "screw them" and went to NY and after 5 days got the email approval. Since this is 2 different card apps wondering if I should initiate the call.

To get the reference numbers without bringing it to their attn that u did 2 apps- you can call the number for app status and press 0 to speak to an agent. Your call will be routed to the Philippines, you can give the rep your ss and they will be able to give u all your reference numbers.  They will then offer to transfer u to the lending dept for reconsideration. Do not take the offer, just call them directly - because if they transfer u, they will give the next dept your ss and that bring to their attn that u did more than one app. Good luck

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
Do you happen to know what that number is? Thanks for the advise.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
To get the reference numbers without bringing it to their attn that u did 2 apps- you can call the number for app status and press 0 to speak to an agent. Your call will be routed to the Philippines, you can give the rep your ss and they will be able to give u all your reference numbers.  They will then offer to transfer u to the lending dept for reconsideration. Do not take the offer, just call them directly - because if they transfer u, they will give the next dept your ss and that bring to their attn that u did more than one app. Good luck
I called app status (800-432-3117) twice and both times the rep in the Philippines said that they don't have a reference number just if its approved denied or pending.

Did you actually geta reference number.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2011, 12:01:48 AM »
I lost you in middle what do you mean by referal "last time I got the referal" "what would happen after the first referal" do you mean refusal. Also what do you mean you went to NY , you used NY as your residence?

Also when did you cancel the CO card from Feb. That you are applying again?

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2011, 01:03:58 AM »
NY is irrevalant, it was a trip to NY...forget and forget scenario with the app since in 2/10 they said it would be 2 weeks for a response and I assumed denied at that time. I cancled the CO card in Mid Jan 2011.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
I called app status (800-432-3117) twice and both times the rep in the Philippines said that they don't have a reference number just if its approved denied or pending.

Did you actually geta reference number.

I did it last week. Tell them that u recently applied for  two separate cards and that u need the. reference numbers for your records. They don't like to give it out but if u have a good enough reason, they will give it to u.

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
Strange how I just called that number (found it somewhere else at the time) last night and the only way to get any app information is to enter your social into the VRU. It told me one of my apps was 7 to 14 days last night, but today both are 7 to 10 days. Working in the CC industry b4 indicates to me these are denial letters. It further asks if you want to speak to an "advisor" and I found no other indication of speaking to a front-end cust rep.

Offline muttman

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:43 AM »
Strange how I just called that number (found it somewhere else at the time) last night and the only way to get any app information is to enter your social into the VRU. It told me one of my apps was 7 to 14 days last night, but today both are 7 to 10 days. Working in the CC industry b4 indicates to me these are denial letters. It further asks if you want to speak to an "advisor" and I found no other indication of speaking to a front-end cust rep.

I found the same thing, I still tried to get transfered and thought maybe I would get lucky and get to the Philippians. But Billy picked up so I hung up right away
I take no responsibility for the results of your actions

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
I called the status line and spoke to someone who with a little coercing gave me both my reference numbers.
I then called recon and got someone to recommend that I get approved for the ba although she said it still needs final approval does this mean I'm good? Also when should I call about the other card?Should I wait for the ba to get approved or should I try and call while it's one is still being processed?
P.S the reason I wasn't instantly approved she said was because of my opening a co card less then 6 months ago

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »
I applied for 3 Amex cards and got 2 pulls. One on the day I applied and one 3 days later...... This is in NJ.

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »
I called the status line and spoke to someone who with a little coercing gave me both my reference numbers.
I then called recon and got someone to recommend that I get approved for the ba although she said it still needs final approval does this mean I'm good? Also when should I call about the other card?Should I wait for the ba to get approved or should I try and call while it's one is still being processed?
P.S the reason I wasn't instantly approved she said was because of my opening a co card less then 6 months ago
bump,
Dan what method did you use with your chase trifecta?

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »
I applied for 3 Amex cards and got 2 pulls. One on the day I applied and one 3 days later...... This is in NJ.
is that possible

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »
bump,
Dan what method did you use with your chase trifecta?

He already answered that question:

I applied for a BA card, Hyatt card, and a United card last week with 3 browsers at the same second.

Here's hoping for a hat-trick!
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »
@asher
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.I wasn't referring to the application method rather the recon.I know it was 3 seperate calls I was just wondering if its better to wait for the first to be approved or can I call for the second while the first is still pending?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »
@asher
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.I wasn't referring to the application method rather the recon.I know it was 3 seperate calls I was just wondering if its better to wait for the first to be approved or can I call for the second while the first is still pending?

He answered that too, same thread as before:

Nothing instant, but I have already spoken to 3 reconsideration reps and things are looking good bli ayin ha'rah!

I just asked about each card on 3 separate recon calls.  We'll see how it pans out soon enough.

TRIFECTA!!!!
Approved for all 3 cards after talking up the recon department 3 times!!!

(all in the same thread)
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)