Author Topic: question with three browser method  (Read 135583 times)

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: question with three browser method
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »
SO i called Chase yesterday and got my UA app approved without having to resort to closing any cards or transferring limits.  I already have a CO and a Sapph card open.  NOW,  I have two applications pending - one for CO and one for Sapph.  Anyone have experience going through recon to get a second CO or second Sapph card opened? 

I'm assuming it's not like getting a totally new card opened because obviously I can't logically offer to close my CO card in order to open a new CO card. 

Barring a better suggestion, I will just tell them that I want to use my existing cards for personal use and I wanted to get two new cards to keep track of business-related travel.  I used that line when talking to the rep about UA and she said "you know these are personal credit cards, right?".  So I replied that I don't have the authority to open a line of credit in the business's name but that I will need to pay for my own transportation, and want to keep that separate from my personal transactions. 

Your thoughts, credit gurus?

PS.  Both times I called about the UA card, the rep knew about all 3 apps even though I only gave the reference number for the UA app.  Probably because the only reason for denial was "too many applications or open accounts".  My oldest (current) chase card is under a year old and one is under 60 days, and the UA was just approved yesterday.

Offline Steven

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
I applied for the prg (gonna use 5895) and plat (gonna use 5784)at the same time. got a message we are almost done just call for instant approval. I basically should just call with the tracking # they provide and hope they dont see the other application?
am I messed up already and it will be considered 2 pulls on my credit report?

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 05, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »
I applied for the prg (gonna use 5895) and plat (gonna use 5784)at the same time. got a message we are almost done just call for instant approval. I basically should just call with the tracking # they provide and hope they dont see the other application?
just call u will be fine

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 05, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Just had that with a friend. Just call them they probably just have to double check some info, My friend was able to get both cards approved with one call.

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
I would like to do the three browser method but I need these questions answered. Somebody please help:
Do all applications need to be done from the same computer? If not, how can i click all three at the same time? It takes at least a few seconds to switch from chrome to firefox etc. Can I use chrome on three different computers?
Any help is greatly appreciated. A mistake could end up costing a lot of points off my credit score.
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 14, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »
I would like to do the three browser method but I need these questions answered. Somebody please help:
Do all applications need to be done from the same computer? If not, how can i click all three at the same time? It takes at least a few seconds to switch from chrome to firefox etc. Can I use chrome on three different computers?
Any help is greatly appreciated. A mistake could end up costing a lot of points off my credit score.
you can use different computers but if you want to use one computer use different browsers fill in all the info and hit submit on each one within a few seconds of each other.

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »
Thanks! Really appreciated.

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 14, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »
Hi- quick follow up:

Can I use three different tabs in one browser?

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 14, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
Hi- quick follow up:

Can I use three different tabs in one browser?
NO!!!
Don't even use private browsing tabs, use three different browsers or computers.

Offline yossi4k

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
question with three browser method
« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »
A friend of mine told me he had the following experience.  Wanting the gold and Plat cards, he applied for both simultaneously using IE and Firefox. The Plat came back declined due to bad credit ratings and the Gold came back declined due to another app being submitted recently.... He hasn't applied for a card in awhile so it could only be reffering to the Plat . Is it possible that if the first app is flat out denied then it does register immediately? Or is there an another explanation.

Offline ye

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
I recently did 9 apps using the 3 browser trick for both myself and my wife. My wife got a total of 3 pulls, while I got 1 each from amex and chase, but 3 from citi. Any explanation?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #351 on: September 01, 2011, 12:20:21 AM »
I recently did 9 apps using the 3 browser trick for both myself and my wife. My wife got a total of 3 pulls, while I got 1 each from amex and chase, but 3 from citi. Any explanation?

YMMV. No hard and fast rules.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 01, 2011, 03:22:35 AM »
what citi cards?  citi has multiple divisions and each one reports themselves to the CRAs differently so they don't get combined.

E.g., apply for AA Personal & AA Business cards and you'll get 2 pulls.  One is Citi in ND and the other is FL.

what about the other 3 apps?

Offline ye

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 01, 2011, 06:44:06 AM »
what citi cards?  citi has multiple divisions and each one reports themselves to the CRAs differently so they don't get combined.

E.g., apply for AA Personal & AA Business cards and you'll get 2 pulls.  One is Citi in ND and the other is FL.

what about the other 3 apps?
I knew about the biz and personal being different. This was for the Hilton, TY Premier, and AA Visa.

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2011, 05:03:02 AM »
I knew about the biz and personal being different. This was for the Hilton, TY Premier, and AA Visa.

So how is Citi named in the 3 pulls?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say the names are different.  Maybe CITIBANK USA, CITIBANK SD (NA) and CITIBANK SD NA.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »
I plan on doing a 3bm with chase.  Will it work when applying for 2 personal cards and 1 business card?
Thanx

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »
I plan on doing a 3bm with chase.  Will it work when applying for 2 personal cards and 1 business card?
Thanx

Yes.

EDIT: Actually, will your business card be using its own EIN, or are you doing it as a sole proprietor?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2011, 11:54:37 PM »
Yes.

EDIT: Actually, will your business card be using its own EIN, or are you doing it as a sole proprietor?

I would like to start building business credit so I will probably use ein number but I will still be selecting sole proprietorship.  Will this result in one pull? If not, which way would cause only one pull?
Thanx

Offline kivabb

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »
Besides the Amex Biz card offering 50K spend and SPG bizz card, any 3rd Amex Biz card anyone recommends to do 3 browser method?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
Why do all 3 need to be business cards?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.