Author Topic: question with three browser method  (Read 135469 times)

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: question with three browser method
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »
Last time I did a personal-biz 3BM, I got 2 pulls. I know it's a YMMV but don't want to try again.

Besides, I just did 3BM on personal Amex cards so like to wait 90 days in between.

What are the 3 best offers for Amex biz now? Biz Gold for 50K (after $10K spend), Biz SPG with 10 (15K after $15K spend) and .... (it has to be no more then $1K spending because first 2 will be tough to fill) ?

Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »
Last time I did a personal-biz 3BM, I got 2 pulls. I know it's a YMMV but don't want to try again.
Which bank?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
I had applied for Amex SPG, Amex Gold and SPG Biz and Experian made 2 pulls.

Any suggestions on 3rd Amex biz or should I stick with 2 I stated below?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2011, 11:17:15 PM »
I would like to start building business credit so I will probably use ein number but I will still be selecting sole proprietorship.  Will this result in one pull? If not, which way would cause only one pull?
Thanx

Honestly, I'm not quite sure. There have been reports that applying for a business card along with two personals may result in two pulls. I think the safest (but by no means guaranteed) way would be to apply for three personals at the same time.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »
does anyone have ex with chase doing 2 pulls for biz and per, doing the 3bm

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »
yes it happened to me

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #366 on: October 05, 2011, 04:51:47 PM »
Has anyone ever successfully applied for four cards from the same bank at the same time?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:55:09 PM by PC »

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 05, 2011, 07:58:15 PM »
with Chase even three is hard, they want to know why you need so many cards. Unless you get instant approval -- which i don't know if it's possible with a 3BM at chase -- you will have to deal with that stump.   

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
with Chase even three is hard, they want to know why you need so many cards. Unless you get instant approval -- which i don't know if it's possible with a 3BM at chase -- you will have to deal with that stump.   
I see.... Well maybe i'll try four and see if any get approved. Worst case scenario is that i'll only be able to push through 1 or 2

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2011, 09:50:11 PM »
I see.... Well maybe i'll try four and see if any get approved. Worst case scenario is that i'll only be able to push through 1 or 2

Not a good idea, the more you apply for the mode suspicious you seem.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #370 on: October 05, 2011, 10:35:14 PM »
Not a good idea, the more you apply for the mode suspicious you seem.

Assuming you use the APPID with Recon, why would it make you look more suspicious?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 05, 2011, 10:48:43 PM »
Assuming you use the APPID with Recon, why would it make you look more suspicious?

Even with that method they sometimes see your other apps. When you apply for lots of cards at once it's a risk factor because they interpret it to mean that something may have happened that you suddenly need lots of credit (e.g. you lost your job).

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 06, 2011, 12:02:13 AM »
Even with that method they sometimes see your other apps. When you apply for lots of cards at once it's a risk factor because they interpret it to mean that something may have happened that you suddenly need lots of credit (e.g. you lost your job).

I know the risk factor. But, in the times I've called Chase using APPID's they didn't mention the other applications at all. I guess as always, YMMV.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 06, 2011, 09:57:24 AM »
I know the risk factor. But, in the times I've called Chase using APPID's they didn't mention the other applications at all. I guess as always, YMMV.

It's definitely only sometimes, I was just warning ppl who might think calling with their appID is a free pass, it's clearly YMMV.

Offline S G

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
I did a 2 BM with Chase (Hyatt and Freedom). Both got rejected. Called Chase and got Hyatt approved. I am currently waiting for the 2 nights to post on my account, they have already charged $75 fee on my account.

Once the nights get posted to my account can I get the Hyatt card closed and get Freedom approved? I will be more than happy to part with the annual fee I have paid for Hyatt if I can get Freedom approved.

Offline RANDOMONE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
question: how can i know how many inquiries hit my credit when i did a 3 browser method?
also i did the 3 chase cards now(Continenal, UA, Saphire preferred) and got instand approval on UA but it popped up that i made a mistake on app for both the saphire and CO and i quickly made the change and submitted all within 30 sec, amd got reply for both wait 10 days... do you think i just got 3 inquiries :-\?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
question: how can i know how many inquiries hit my credit when i did a 3 browser method?

Get a copy of your three-bureau credit report?

also i did the 3 chase cards now(Continenal, UA, Saphire preferred) and got instand approval on UA but it popped up that i made a mistake on app for both the saphire and CO and i quickly made the change and submitted all within 30 sec, amd got reply for both wait 10 days... do you think i just got 3 inquiries :-\?

No way to tell for sure, but I can say 30 seconds is not the end of the world. Only way to find out is to get copy of CR.

Once the nights get posted to my account can I get the Hyatt card closed and get Freedom approved? I will be more than happy to part with the annual fee I have paid for Hyatt if I can get Freedom approved.

Pretty hard to say on the information provided; FWIW, Chase has been known to give denials for opening too many accounts in X period (despite maintaining the exact risk exposure).

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 09, 2011, 07:41:15 AM »
Once you paid the annual fee, why not hold onto the card?
You shouldn't need to close the Hyatt to get the Freedom. Worst comes to worst, ask for them to shift some of your credit line from Hyatt.

Offline S G

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 09, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »
Once you paid the annual fee, why not hold onto the card?
You shouldn't need to close the Hyatt to get the Freedom. Worst comes to worst, ask for them to shift some of your credit line from Hyatt.
I have a 5K credit limit on Hyatt which is the minimum required as per chase agent and they said that is the max they can do at this point. So I was thinking about closing this card. But I think I can speak to another agent and try to get it approved without closing Hyatt.

Thanks!

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 09, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »
I have a 5K credit limit on Hyatt which is the minimum required as per chase agent and they said that is the max they can do at this point. So I was thinking about closing this card. But I think I can speak to another agent and try to get it approved without closing Hyatt.

Thanks!

5k is the minimum amount needed in order to open the card. Once the card is open, the credit line can be lowered/u can shift some credit from it to a different card.