Author Topic: IDNYC  (Read 932 times)

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
IDNYC
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:16:35 AM »
Does anyone have any info on IDNYC and it's validity?
I understand it's meant for NYC only, but will the TSA accept it to get past security? if yes, will they accept it in NYC airports only, or others? does anyone have any experience?
The reason I want to get it is because I want to change my wife's last name to mine, but I still want to have some ID in her maiden name, since her passport and Global Entry are still in her maiden name, and I don't want to have to carry her passport as ID if something is in her maiden name.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: IDNYC
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 11:55:50 AM »
Does anyone have any info on IDNYC and it's validity?
I understand it's meant for NYC only, but will the TSA accept it to get past security? if yes, will they accept it in NYC airports only, or others? does anyone have any experience?
The reason I want to get it is because I want to change my wife's last name to mine, but I still want to have some ID in her maiden name, since her passport and Global Entry are still in her maiden name, and I don't want to have to carry her passport as ID if something is in her maiden name.
She should get a new passport and update her GE. Highly doubt this IDNYC is accepted