Author Topic: ellipticals  (Read 814 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
ellipticals
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:47:31 AM »
Wanted to know which elliptical you have a good experience purchasing and from where? Looking in the  $100-300 range.  However I often hear these "cheaper models" break down and you a left without recourse

I heard Costco is the way to go as they will stand behind their products and fix anything that goes wrong?

Offline isaac1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: ellipticals
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:27:43 AM »
I bought one from Sears, inexpensive but not very sturdy and makes a lot of noise. Don't draw any conclusions about them from ones you've used in a gym those are very expensive.
My first one broke numerous times and they weren't on top of sending me the correct parts. For example one time I finally got them to come down and see that a peice was broken so they replaced that part but since it was part of a newer model the screw didn't fit....and every time they had to come down was a couple weeks minimum. Eventually something broke that thy couldn't fix and they replaced the whole thing. However it's a very lengthy process, which is extremely frustrating if excersizing is part of your daily routine.
"It's the same old Jay. Jay will throw us the ball" -Charles Woodson

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
I just purchased one last week. It has not yet been delivered. I spent over two months researching , including trying out each one.

I spoke to a lot of personal trainers. I put some questions out on workout forums. I called the companies to test the customer service responsiveness.

I looked at both inexpensive and expensive. I chose the XR6xi by Octane Fitness. It is $4k.

I also considered buying used and saving half as much , but I chose new because of warranty. I purchased it with the American Express for the protection and extended warranty.

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:54:36 PM »
I just purchased one last week. It has not yet been delivered. I spent over two months researching , including trying out each one.

I spoke to a lot of personal trainers. I put some questions out on workout forums. I called the companies to test the customer service responsiveness.

I looked at both inexpensive and expensive. I chose the XR6xi by Octane Fitness. It is $4k.

I also considered buying used and saving half as much , but I chose new because of warranty. I purchased it with the American Express for the protection and extended warranty.

4K???  I was looking for a little cheaper

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 07:42:01 AM »
Sole was the best less-expensive unit I tried. Approx $1k

Anything less in price I felt was junk a problem waiting to happen.

Looked for used.