Topic Wiki

2 Day Sale going on through July 13, 2016
Monday – Thursday & Saturday travel between August 22 – November 17, 2016. Blackout dates: 9/5 & 10/10/16 (all cities); plus, 11/10 – 11/14/16 (JFK, LGA, EWR only).

Post your flights here.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=63775.0

All jetBlue usa airports as of March, 2018 - (updated after promo).

United States
ABQ, ACK, ALB, ANC, ATL, AUS, BDL, BNA, BOS, BTV, BUF, BUR, BWI, CHS, CLE, CLT, DAB, DCA, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, HOU, HPN, HYA, IAD, JAX, JFK, LAS, LAX, LGA, LGB, MCO, MSP, MSY, MVY, OAK, ORD, ORH, PBI, PDX, PHL, PHX, PIT, PSP, PVD, PWM, RDU, RIC, RNO, ROC, RSW, SAN, SAV, SEA, SFO, SJC, SLC, SMF, SRQ, SWF, SYR, TPA

Caribbean
ANU, AUA, BDA, BGI, BQN, CMW, CUR, GCM, GND, HAV, HOG, KIN, LRM, MBJ, NAS, PAP, PLS, POP, POS, PSE, PUJ, SDQ, SJU, SNU, STI, STT, STX, SXM, UVF

South America
BOG, CTG, LIM, MDE, UIO

Central America
CUN, LIR, MEX, SJO

JetBlue Airline Code: B6

« Last edited by Yaalili on March 06, 2018, 09:47:18 PM »

Author Topic: Jetblue Pointsmatch (potential for 75000 jetblue points)  (Read 244722 times)

Offline mb1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
Re: Jetblue Pointsmatch (potential for 75000 jetblue points)
« Reply #880 on: July 05, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »
I think he's saying that they would help out of hakaras hatov.

Do you think that people starting submitting photoshopped pages, and that is why they now require further proof? I wouldn't do it myself for ethical reasons, but it seems like a very easy way to cheat the system here.
That
They were the big winners from this promotion.

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
« Reply #881 on: July 05, 2016, 11:54:49 AM »
Do you think that people starting submitting photoshopped pages, and that is why they now require further proof? I wouldn't do it myself for ethical reasons, but it seems like a very easy way to cheat the system here.
How about for legal reasons?

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 05, 2016, 11:56:48 AM »
I think he's saying that they would help out of hakaras hatov.

And how exactly are they verifying??
They're just going to call up VX and say "Hi, this is **** calling from JetBlue. We recently ran a promotion trying to steal your customers. Can you confirm ****'s mileage balance, to verify that he's worth stealing? Yes, I know it's illegal to share confidential information about a customer, but what's that between friends like us?"

Offline Agoldsc1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 05, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
How about for legal reasons?

As well, but honestly I would suspect that if JB were to notice someone having submitted photoshopped evidence, they would probably just penalize the member internally (remove from award program, maybe even blacklist from flying), but wouldn't spend the time or effort to press charges.

Obviously submitting photoshopped evidence is illegal and immoral, and I'm in no way advocating it-- I was just wondering if that is the reason why JB wanted to verify the information.

I'm surprised that once JB realized what was happening with the transfers, they didn't revise the terms to also include an option to simply transfer 50k points to JB for a 75k point bonus.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 05, 2016, 12:13:54 PM »
They're just going to call up VX and say "Hi, this is **** calling from JetBlue. We recently ran a promotion trying to steal your customers. Can you confirm ****'s mileage balance, to verify that he's worth stealing? Yes, I know it's illegal to share confidential information about a customer, but what's that between friends like us?"

I don't think that there are any regulations regarding confidentiality for reward programs, so while the members may not appreciate their information being distributed, I don't think that doing so would violate any laws.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 05, 2016, 12:18:16 PM »
As well, but honestly I would suspect that if JB were to notice someone having submitted photoshopped evidence, they would probably just penalize the member internally (remove from award program, maybe even blacklist from flying), but wouldn't spend the time or effort to press charges.

Obviously submitting photoshopped evidence is illegal and immoral, and I'm in no way advocating it-- I was just wondering if that is the reason why JB wanted to verify the information.

I'm surprised that once JB realized what was happening with the transfers, they didn't revise the terms to also include an option to simply transfer 50k points to JB for a 75k point bonus.

interesting, they should have done that..

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 05, 2016, 12:22:48 PM »
Do you guys think using jb travel bank is considered "non-revenue travel"? Call and ask?
JetBlue twitter confirmed that tickets purchased with Travel Bank credit qualify.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:43:51 PM by zow »

Online Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 05, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »
Any downside to pool a family points ?
If you pool points can you still book for people that aren't in your family?
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline itsyehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 05, 2016, 12:32:04 PM »
If you pool points can you still book for people that aren't in your family?
Yes
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 05, 2016, 01:06:47 PM »
I didn't say that WILL but they CAN. And they would just call up pretending to be you asking how many points are in your account.

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 05, 2016, 01:14:15 PM »
I don't think that there are any regulations regarding confidentiality for reward programs, so while the members may not appreciate their information being distributed, I don't think that doing so would violate any laws.

They do have a privacy policy (https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/legal/privacy-policy) which doesn't list "sharing account information with rival frequent flier programs without informing you or obtaining your consent" as an acceptable action to take with your personal information. At best it opens them up to civil suit if they shared the information. It could also be seen as an anti-competitive action, something that DOJ is always looking for in all the airlines and is especially sensitive to with Virgin because of their upcoming merger that requires DOJ clearance. Bottom line, no way they would ever share this information, huge potential downside and absolutely zero upside.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #891 on: July 05, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »
AA has verified UA status during matches. Anything's possible if there's a will.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 05, 2016, 01:19:51 PM »
They do have a privacy policy (https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/legal/privacy-policy) which doesn't list "sharing account information with rival frequent flier programs without informing you or obtaining your consent" as an acceptable action to take with your personal information. At best it opens them up to civil suit if they shared the information. It could also be seen as an anti-competitive action, something that DOJ is always looking for in all the airlines and is especially sensitive to with Virgin because of their upcoming merger that requires DOJ clearance. Bottom line, no way they would ever share this information, huge potential downside and absolutely zero upside.

I would say that refusing to share the information is a lot more anti-competitive than sharing it. In any case, I definitely agree that sharing the information has huge potential downside and absolutely zero upside. I'm just saying that I don't see any legal liability behind it.

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 05, 2016, 01:35:52 PM »
AA has verified UA status during matches. Anything's possible if there's a will.

but this isn't the same thing. you can have 50,001 VA points and then use them right away. then when jetblue calls up VA the points wouldn't be there?

if someone did a photo shop and then they got an email saying they were accepted into the pointmatch. will jetblue still look into them? why would they bother sending out an approval email then?
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 05, 2016, 05:34:42 PM »
Ewr-Bos at end of July - planes look empty but flights with desired times are $75 instead of $52.  Do these usually go back down or just bite the bullet and book the tix now?

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 05, 2016, 06:12:16 PM »
Anyone get confirmation emails today from submissions made yesterday?

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 05, 2016, 06:45:50 PM »
I would say that refusing to share the information is a lot more anti-competitive than sharing it. In any case, I definitely agree that sharing the information has huge potential downside and absolutely zero upside. I'm just saying that I don't see any legal liability behind it.
Sharing what would otherwise be reasonably considered confidential customer information is practically the definition of collusion! By your definition, that whole sharing of pricing thing that ADM and their competitors did should have netted them a medal instead of prison terms?

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 05, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »
Anyone get confirmation emails today from submissions made yesterday?
Yes

Offline rsm1444

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 05, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
I did a status match with southwest and obtained mosaic with Jetblue. I see the statement below on change and cancellation policy of jetblue. If i purchase a
 Non-refundable  and cancel the ticket . I am assuming i will receive the credit. Please let me know if it is tre.

"TrueBlue Mosaic members do not pay the change/cancel fee when changing or canceling a nonrefundable ticket. (Nonrefundable tickets must not be refunded to the original form of payment.)"

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 05, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »
Sent last night,
they claim they can't find it...