Author Topic: Gratuitous Maldives Itinerary.  (Read 6685 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Gratuitous Maldives Itinerary.
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:24:20 AM »
Not actually taking these flights, but I wanted to book something before the CO/EK relationship ends.  You can make changes for free for 1 year from date of booking.  And of course free redeposit as a plat.

YYZ-DXB is on an A380.  Shame that CO won't book in First to get to try out those private suites and showers!

120K CO miles+$45

We 01/25 AC 7902, CLE-YYZ, 6:10pm-7:20pm, Coach
2:20 connection in YYZ
We 01/25 EK242, YYZ-DXB, 9:40pm-7:35pm+1, Business
7:50 connection in DXB
Fr 01/27 EK658, DXB-MLE, 3:25am-8:30am, Coach
5 nights in the Maldives
We 02/01, MLE-DXB, 11:50pm-2:55am+1, Coach
5:25 connection in DXB
Th 02/02, DXB-LAX, 8:20am-12:50pm, Business
3 nights in Los Angeles
Su, 02/05, LAX-CLE, 11:15pm-6:30am, First

Anyone else going to book something speculative on Emirates today?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:30:51 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Gratuitous Maldives Itinerary.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 03:17:37 AM »
I dont think its that urgent. You can always use star alliance to get to dxb and then transfer some spg to ek and book with ek miles dxb-mle.
I hope you realize, they can only change dates and not the routings, so you will need to find seats on yyz-dxb and dxb-lax to be able to change it. Dont you want to check out dxb instead of lax as a stopover

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
I dont think its that urgent. You can always use star alliance to get to dxb and then transfer some spg to ek and book with ek miles dxb-mle.
I hope you realize, they can only change dates and not the routings, so you will need to find seats on yyz-dxb and dxb-lax to be able to change it. Dont you want to check out dxb instead of lax as a stopover
What does EK charge for DXB-MLE in miles and taxes/surcharges?
Why in the world would I not be allowed to change routing on a CO mileage ticket?
As a Plat why should I not book this now when I get free redeposits?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
You can change routings on CO tickets, but since the partnership has ended CO cant issue any new tickets on EK anymore. So if its only a change of date, then they can do it, as they just do a change and no reissue. If its a new route, then they have to reissue with EK and they cant do this anymore.
I wanted to travel DXB-Mumbai-Zuerich and go to look at Mumbai for a day, as that would be allowed. There was no avail. for DXB-Mumbai,so I am going straight back to ZRH. Even if last minutes something opens up, I cant change it anymore.
You will have to fly YYZ-DXB and cant change that to JFK-DXB. So if no seats are available from YYZ on the dates you wanna go, you are screwed.

I dont know of hand how much they charge. Open up a skywards account to find out. You will anyway need one, so that if you want to change dates you can look up avail. whatever shows in saver CO will confirm

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:15 AM »
You can change routings on CO tickets, but since the partnership has ended CO cant issue any new tickets on EK anymore. So if its only a change of date, then they can do it, as they just do a change and no reissue. If its a new route, then they have to reissue with EK and they cant do this anymore.
Are you positive about this?
Definitely decreases the odds that I'll ever use this ticket.
Should I change it now to a stopover in DXB?  I'm just not sure how comfortable I'll be as a bearded jew there...

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
I think a stopover should work even after. Just no route change, so you have to fly from yyz and back to La. Yes I am positiv about this.

Dress up as a muslin fanatic, look almost the same with the beard, but you will have to leave your hat at home and no zizis hanging all over the place!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:26:34 PM »
Still a nice chunk of SPG to book after today.
Saver:
Coach: 35,600 Miles + $41
Business: 71,300 Miles + $41

BTW CO officially requires 24 hours before you can ticket EK, but I was able to try a few reps until I got 1 to ticket it.

Offline MLM

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
From past experience with CO even a change of date or time requires reticketing. So unless your dates are positive you will have a problem. But with free redeposit who cares! 

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »
From past experience with CO even a change of date or time requires reticketing. So unless your dates are positive you will have a problem. But with free redeposit who cares! 

You are right, but somehow its a diffrent reticketing and CO can do it with EK after the cutoff.
Dan can try it out tomorrow, as changes are free for him anyway

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
Does your wife know that youre plannning a trip to DXB?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »
Does your wife know that youre plannning a trip to DXB?
Via DXB for now :)

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
Hi Dan

I had a EK flight booked with CO miles. I had one leg (DXB-MLE) in coach. I was promised at that time, that a upgrade to business can still be done, even after the cutoff date. Today Business became available. I spend hours on the phone with 3 diffrent supervisors and they all said no changes can be done to a emirates ticket. No date change, no class change. NOTHING. A ek ticket is basically untouchable. I tried all, but they didnt let. One agent even called EK but it didnt help.
maybe you want to try a small change on your ticket, as you have it free and report back your experience. I am really pissed, as this is not what they communicated at that time. I send a email to onepass, will see what they say.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 07:45:28 PM »
Hi Dan

I had a EK flight booked with CO miles. I had one leg (DXB-MLE) in coach. I was promised at that time, that a upgrade to business can still be done, even after the cutoff date. Today Business became available. I spend hours on the phone with 3 diffrent supervisors and they all said no changes can be done to a emirates ticket. No date change, no class change. NOTHING. A ek ticket is basically untouchable. I tried all, but they didnt let. One agent even called EK but it didnt help.
maybe you want to try a small change on your ticket, as you have it free and report back your experience. I am really pissed, as this is not what they communicated at that time. I send a email to onepass, will see what they say.

Try PM'ing or sending an email to UAInsider.

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
you have his email?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »
Is he the type of guy to reply and help? Can you try a small change on ur ticket?

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »
Is he the type of guy to reply and help? Can you try a small change on ur ticket?
trust dan hid advice is usually pretty good he gave u someone to pm try it first

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 07:55:02 AM »
The guy from flyertalk never responded, so he was of no help.

I have the following ticket ZRH-DXB-MLE

1) Tried to get CO to let me upgrade my ticket from DXB to MLE from Eco to Business , they said not possible Emirates does not let.

2) I tried to cut DXB-MLE from the ticket, like this I am left with ZRH-DXB and I can book DXB-MLE with EK miles, even that Emirates/CO does not let, as they have to reissue the ticket and EK will not accept any changes.

So if you booked a EK ticket, you will not be able to touch it at all, not even cancel part of it. Really dumb

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
You sent an email and a PM to him and he didn't respond?

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »
I send a PM