Author Topic: Blackballed by Chase et al.  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Cappy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Blackballed by Chase et al.
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 12:33:31 AM »
Back in 2008-09, after running up too much CC debt and then, becoming the victim of unforeseen unemployment, I had no choice but to negotiate discounted settlements with several of my CC issuers. My question is: How long will CC banks hold it against me? In particular, when I tried applying for a Chase CC a couple years ago I was summarily rejected. I'm wondering if now, after 8+ years, they are ready to accept me back. (I'd prefer not to apply if I know I will be rejected, so as to avoid a hard pull.)

Please reply if you have first-hand experience or other expert knowledge with Chase in particular or any other bank.

TIA.  :-\

Like others have mentioned, CB (creditboards.com) is the best resource for credit related questions. Better source than Myfico forums itself. MyFico has to filter itself out because it can't show themselves as credit repair type of company, etc...

I am a main poster on CB.

To better answer your question. A lot of creditors will put you on a blacklist for X amount of years for charging off a debt.

IIRC, I think Chase was in the 7 year range, YMMV.  Unfortunately, it will be a hit to try it out after the 7 years. Technically if you are blacklisted, it wouldn't be a hit, but they could give you that as a reason for why you were denied after they pull your report. Previous delinquency or something they would write the in letter. IIRC, their is a CB thread with the amount of time from each issuer. I'll try to find that and post it here.

You can always try Recon, but you will have to explain yourself pretty well what the circumstances were and it depends on the rep. It would also help if you reestablished yourself since that time and you have something to show for it. Don't forget the 5/24 rule.

Good luck
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:40:25 AM by Cappy »

Offline Cappy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Blackballed by Chase et al.
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 12:49:24 AM »
This is a pic from a CB thread from member vintagewillow

Looks like Chase is actually as little as 5.5 years.

Thread: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=512093&p=5465641

Any more specifics, go ahead and join CB and ask away :)