Author Topic: Free Single from AVRAHAM FRIED - MAHER (COMPOSED BY MENDEL BRIKMAN A"H).  (Read 1433 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Very inspired by the story, I thought it's worth sharing.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0420/2505/files/23232342.mp3?6881397482133291537

A NOTE FROM AVREMEL (FRIED):
Dear Friends:

I want to tell you about a chaver of mine.

His name is Mendel Brikman, a devoted husband and father of six. For years, Mendel struggled to take even a single breath. He was hospitalized numerous times; but while some patients focused on their own challenges, Mendel focused on his fellow patients. A devoted Chabad Chassid, he felt that his being in the hospital was a call to reach out to his fellow Jew - which he did at every possible occasion.

During one of my many visits with Mendel I saw how much his health had deteriorated and I let out an involuntary "oy." Mendel looked at me with a big smile and said, “No ‘oys’ around here!”

Mendel was a lover of Jewish music and chazonos. During one of my visits with him before his passing, he shared with me that he had written a song of hope set to the words from davening of Maher Vhaveh Aleinu.

This beautiful composition captures Mendel’s indomitable spirit, his deep connection and appreciation for the power of a niggun, and his heartfelt request for Hashem to

ותוליכנו מהרה קוממיות לארצנו.

Thank you to the Brikman family for honoring me with singing Maher, to my nephew Chaim Marcus who produced the song and Avrumi Berko on a beautiful arrangement. The Brikman family along with Mostly Music have generously made it available at no charge.

So download, listen and be inspired by a man who made a powerful Kiddush Hashem right up to his last day and with his last breath.

This is Mendel Brikman’s ‘Maher.’

With prayers for Mashiach Now!

Avraham Fried

Link is below to download the song.

https://mostlymusic.com/products/avraham-fried-maher-composed-by-mendel-brikman-ah?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Free Single from AVRAHAM FRIED - MAHER (COMPOSED BY MENDEL BRIKMAN A"H).
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »
Very inspired by the story, I thought it's worth sharing.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0420/2505/files/23232342.mp3?6881397482133291537

A NOTE FROM AVREMEL (FRIED):
Dear Friends:

I want to tell you about a chaver of mine.

His name is Mendel Brikman, a devoted husband and father of six. For years, Mendel struggled to take even a single breath. He was hospitalized numerous times; but while some patients focused on their own challenges, Mendel focused on his fellow patients. A devoted Chabad Chassid, he felt that his being in the hospital was a call to reach out to his fellow Jew - which he did at every possible occasion.

During one of my many visits with Mendel I saw how much his health had deteriorated and I let out an involuntary "oy." Mendel looked at me with a big smile and said, “No ‘oys’ around here!”

Mendel was a lover of Jewish music and chazonos. During one of my visits with him before his passing, he shared with me that he had written a song of hope set to the words from davening of Maher Vhaveh Aleinu.

This beautiful composition captures Mendel’s indomitable spirit, his deep connection and appreciation for the power of a niggun, and his heartfelt request for Hashem to

ותוליכנו מהרה קוממיות לארצנו.

Thank you to the Brikman family for honoring me with singing Maher, to my nephew Chaim Marcus who produced the song and Avrumi Berko on a beautiful arrangement. The Brikman family along with Mostly Music have generously made it available at no charge.

So download, listen and be inspired by a man who made a powerful Kiddush Hashem right up to his last day and with his last breath.

This is Mendel Brikman’s ‘Maher.’

With prayers for Mashiach Now!

Avraham Fried

Link is below to download the song.

https://mostlymusic.com/products/avraham-fried-maher-composed-by-mendel-brikman-ah?

At the Yahrzeit gathering for Mendel, the amazing story was told about how the song was composed and recorded (at a time when Mendel was barely able to breathe, let alone sing).

Difficult to talk about Mendel in past tense. His אמונה and ביטחון and positive attitude are truly inspirational. I remember talking to him early on after he got sick, he considered (and IINM actually started taking courses) becoming a counselor or social worker of sorts. I never ceased to be amazed by his approach to different challenging situations, especially when discussing chinuch. חבל על דאבדין.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Free Single from AVRAHAM FRIED - MAHER (COMPOSED BY MENDEL BRIKMAN A"H).
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 01:24:01 PM »
At the Yahrzeit gathering for Mendel, the amazing story was told about how the song was composed and recorded (at a time when Mendel was barely able to breathe, let alone sing).

Difficult to talk about Mendel in past tense. His אמונה and ביטחון and positive attitude are truly inspirational. I remember talking to him early on after he got sick, he considered (and IINM actually started taking courses) becoming a counselor or social worker of sorts. I never ceased to be amazed by his approach to different challenging situations, especially when discussing chinuch. חבל על דאבדין.
Amazing to see how one who's in צער Can have enough energy and חיות to be able to help others who are not well.   Really inspired.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501