Author Topic: Gas Gift Cards  (Read 1327 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Gas Gift Cards
« on: July 05, 2016, 06:28:01 PM »
Just tried using a Sunuco gift card at a local station and was charged credit price. Guy inside argued with me that it was considered a credit card.  Could a different Sunuco have it charged correctly or is this just something Sunuco does ?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Gift Cards
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 06:32:52 PM »
Just tried using a Sunuco gift card at a local station and was charged credit price. Guy inside argued with me that it was considered a credit card.  Could a different Sunuco have it charged correctly or is this just something Sunuco does ?

I have found with BP that some charge credit price, some charge cash price and a select few charge cash price plus a discount ;)

either way seems to be very random

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »
Never had that with BP. That stinks.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 06:52:55 PM »
Never had that with BP. That stinks.

was great for a while when the one near where I live was giving me the cash price + another 12c per gallon off

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 08:47:36 PM »
I have found with BP that some charge credit price, some charge cash price and a select few charge cash price plus a discount ;)

either way seems to be very random
I have found that some gas attendants don't know what they're doing... I use the reward card so I'll tell you how it's gotta be done with that. After you swipe the reward card or put in your phone number and you choose to or not to use the rewards the system then asks pay at the pump yes/no the attendant is not supposed to answer he is supposed to just swipe the gift card if he answers yes and then swipes your gonna end up with credit price.... I usually pump myself yeah in NJ cause I don't trust them to do the rewards or the cash price correctly just my last fill up The Attendant almost messed me up... He was new on the job I had to explain it...

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:03:24 PM »
I have found that some gas attendants don't know what they're doing... I use the reward card so I'll tell you how it's gotta be done with that. After you swipe the reward card or put in your phone number and you choose to or not to use the rewards the system then asks pay at the pump yes/no the attendant is not supposed to answer he is supposed to just swipe the gift card if he answers yes and then swipes your gonna end up with credit price.... I usually pump myself yeah in NJ cause I don't trust them to do the rewards or the cash price correctly just my last fill up The Attendant almost messed me up... He was new on the job I had to explain it...

thanks...im gonna mess around a bit at my local bp again