Author Topic: Paris - Airport Transfer  (Read 1042 times)

Offline yg99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Paris - Airport Transfer
« on: July 11, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »
I am considering Air France for NYC-TLV. Most of their options include an Airport Transfer in Paris. Landing in Orly and taking off from CDG.

Anyone ever do this? How much of a hassle is it? Realistically, how much time is needed? What's the best way and cost to get from Orly to CDG?

The option I am considering has a 3 hour stopover. Is this feasible? Smart?

Thanks!

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Paris - Airport Transfer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 11:39:06 AM »
I am considering Air France for NYC-TLV. Most of their options include an Airport Transfer in Paris. Landing in Orly and taking off from CDG.

Anyone ever do this? How much of a hassle is it? Realistically, how much time is needed? What's the best way and cost to get from Orly to CDG?

The option I am considering has a 3 hour stopover. Is this feasible? Smart?

Thanks!
If it's coming up as a bookable option on Air France website then it's certainly feasible.

Offline CLEboy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 10:55:59 PM »
Flying AA from JFK-CDG which arrives in terminal 2B, connecting on A SEPARATE TICKET with AF in terminal 2E. What is the transfer process and how long does the transfer take? Any insight would be helpful!

Offline travel agent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 06:54:50 AM »
Flying AA from JFK-CDG which arrives in terminal 2B, connecting on A SEPARATE TICKET with AF in terminal 2E. What is the transfer process and how long does the transfer take? Any insight would be helpful!

upon arriving you need to pass security, wait for a bus that departs every 7-8 minutes, take a 10 minutes ride & you are there.
it shouldn't take more than 20min. the whole process,

Offline CLEboy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 08:40:06 AM »
upon arriving you need to pass security, wait for a bus that departs every 7-8 minutes, take a 10 minutes ride & you are there.
it shouldn't take more than 20min. the whole process,

Thank you. Forgot to mention that I don’t have any bags, does that change anything?

Offline travel agent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 09:12:00 AM »
Thank you. Forgot to mention that I don’t have any bags, does that change anything?

same thing, just make sure to have your AF boarding pass.

Offline CLEboy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 09:17:32 AM »
same thing, just make sure to have your AF boarding pass.
Got it. So just follow the signs?
And regarding the boarding pass - sometimes checking in online doesn’t work with AF and they say you have to check in at the airport. If that happens and I can’t get my boarding pass online, are kiosks within the terminal to be able to get the boarding pass? Thanks!

Offline travel agent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 09:32:42 AM »
Got it. So just follow the signs?
And regarding the boarding pass - sometimes checking in online doesn’t work with AF and they say you have to check in at the airport. If that happens and I can’t get my boarding pass online, are kiosks within the terminal to be able to get the boarding pass? Thanks!
Yes, follow the connections signs.
There are no kiosks in that area, so you can show them the itinerary instead.
(I did a similar connection just last week, & I lost my AF boarding pass on the first flight, so they asked to see the baggage tag, the itinerary should also be fine.
now I see that everything was an השגחה פרטית, I should be able to provide you with detailed information)

as a side note, if you need to daven & you have the time for it, just daven at the waiting hall for the bus, before taking the bus, it's a very quiet area with comfortable chairs. 

Offline CLEboy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 09:41:32 AM »
Yes, follow the connections signs.
There are no kiosks in that area, so you can show them the itinerary instead.
(I did a similar connection just last week, & I lost my AF boarding pass on the first flight, so they asked to see the baggage tag, the itinerary should also be fine.
now I see that everything was an השגחה פרטית, I should be able to provide you with detailed information)

as a side note, if you need to daven & you have the time for it, just daven at the waiting hall for the bus, before taking the bus, it's a very quiet area with comfortable chairs. 

Wow! Amazing! Everything for a reason!
Just to clarify - an itinerary as a substitute for a boarding pass? I’ve never heard that.
Is there no way for them to print one out at the gate? Alternatively, can they print out my boarding pass in the lounge? A third option is to arrive at JFK early and go to the AF desk and then to print the boarding pass there?

For davening, if the whole transfer takes 20 minutes I should have plenty of time to make it to the lounge and daven there. Thanks!

Offline travel agent

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2024, 09:48:30 AM »
Wow! Amazing! Everything for a reason!
Just to clarify - an itinerary as a substitute for a boarding pass? I’ve never heard that.
Yes, just in order to be able to pass security to proceed to another terminal, for me it was ok to show the baggge tag as a proof for the connection.
Is there no way for them to print one out at the gate? once you arrive at the AF terminal, you will have plenty of options, but not in the AA terminal
Alternatively, can they print out my boarding pass in the lounge? of course A third option is to arrive at JFK early and go to the AF desk and then to print the boarding pass there?

For davening, if the whole transfer takes 20 minutes I should have plenty of time to make it to the lounge and daven there. Thanks!

Offline CLEboy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2024, 10:03:34 AM »
Thanks!

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 04:29:31 PM »
Urgent! I want to book 2 separate tickets EWR-TLV connecting thru CDG, 1st leg on united arriving 7:25AM connecting onto AF departing 9:10AM both in J. What's the transfer process like? no luggage, seems like united arrives at terminal 1 and AF is departing from 2E.