Author Topic: Silent Killer  (Read 213670 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Killer
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2016, 01:55:22 PM »
What percentage of people are not aware of the health risks when they start using drugs?
What percentage of yeshiva bochrim are doing pot on a regular basis and think its harmless. What percentage of yeshiva bochrim are gambling (legally and illegally) and know its bad for them in the long run?

There is a dearth of education on addiction in our community. On the parental level, the yeshiva/girl school level and on the level of the children themselves.

e.g. Telling a kid that a cardplayer is posul l'eidus will not stop him. Taking him to jail to visit an incarcerated compulsive gambler, may. We need to get a bit more graphic. Make it real. It's not a theoretical shtikel R' Chaim.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
What percentage would you think of people are not aware of the health risks when they start using drugs?
I think a high percentage are not fully aware.
If you ask someone smoking their first joint if heroin is bad they will of course know that it is, yet they have no understanding that they just took the first step towards that deadly addiction.
I remember speaking to someone who told me he does everything except opiates bc "that stuff is too dangerous" one week later he was tested and opiates were found in his system. I asked him I thought u don't do opiates and he answered me "when I'm f+%ked up I'll do anything"

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »
were you located? but the results are deff ther and not based on my history.  http://isearchfrom.com/
Probably based on location not history

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2016, 01:58:31 PM »
From what I understand in the last two three years the amount of guys in yeshiva's in Israel smoking weed (I'm talking yeshiva's like the Mir ) has gotten way out of control. Used to be only guys on the fringe were smoking and it was very hush hush.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2016, 01:58:45 PM »
I think a high percentage are not fully aware.
If you ask someone smoking their first joint if heroin is bad they will of course know that it is, yet they have no understanding that they just took the first step towards that deadly addiction.
I remember speaking to someone who told me he does everything except opiates bc "that stuff is too dangerous" one week later he was tested and opiates were found in his system. I asked him I thought u don't do opiates and he answered me "when I'm f+%ked up I'll do anything"
Finally some sanity!!!
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2016, 01:59:56 PM »
Probably based on location not history
missing a word..

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »
From what I understand in the last two three years the amount of guys in yeshiva's in Israel Brooklyn, Monsey, Lakewood, Connecticut [Insert your town here] smoking weed (I'm talking yeshiva's like the Mir ) has gotten way out of control. Used to be only guys on the fringe were smoking and it was very hush hush.
FTFY

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2016, 02:01:50 PM »
FTFY
True. It's just on a bigger scale in Israel as it's the first time many guys are away from parents and in a yeshiva that has no oversight. Obviously this is happening in America as well

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »
FTFY
No one dies from it. Not a major concern. Deadly drugs and sexually abuse are a bigger concern

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2016, 02:07:58 PM »
No one dies from it. Not a major concern.
Is that how you justify using?

Point proven. You're just plain uneducated.

Afellow I know said that too. He's a pot head. He was out with his friends in July and they gave him some pot. They didnt tell him it was synthetic pot (K2). He ended up in the ICU for 8 days and now has lingering heart issues that he may carry for the rest of his life. Its a gateway drug at best and almost killed this guy.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 06, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
Is that how you justify using?

Point proven. You're just plain uneducated.

Afellow I know said that too. He's a pot head. He was out with his friends in July and they gave him some pot. They didnt tell him it was synthetic pot (K2). He ended up in the ICU for 8 days and now has lingering heart issues that he may carry for the rest of his life. Its a gateway drug at best and almost killed this guy.
Please... someone lied to him nothing to do with taking drugs. Same thing could have happened with Advil (though less likely)

Without any proof i would assume most pot smokers have never taken any other drugs

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 06, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »
It's the mentality that is dangerous. if weed is more acceptable in our community occasionally then there will be more ppl who smoke weed regularly if there are more ppl who smoke regularly there will naturally be more that turn to other drugs. It's hard to believe it's a coincidence that the marijuana problem in our communities has gotten bigger at the same time as dependencies on more severe drugs

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:09 PM »
It's the mentality that is dangerous. if weed is more acceptable in our community occasionally then there will be more ppl who smoke weed regularly if there are more ppl who smoke regularly there will naturally be more that turn to other drugs. It's hard to believe it's a coincidence that the marijuana problem in our communities has gotten bigger at the same time as dependencies on more severe drugs
If you are saying its a gateway drug? It has not been proven. I would say over 50% of my friends smoke weed and no one takes any pills.

We should stop drinking grape juice/ more likely to start drinking/ which is then more likely to start drinking scotch / more likely to become an alcoholic

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »
Please... someone lied to him nothing to do with taking drugs. Same thing could have happened with Advil (though less likely)

Without any proof i would assume most pot smokers have never taken any other drugs
Pot, is pot, is pot. No one lied to him. It was pot. Same thing could NOT have happened with advil. What are you talking about?

Seems like you're trying to justify pot use as not so bad. Thats fair because in the crazy world we live in it is legal in certain places. So who am I to say its a gateway for frum people who have never been exposed to drugs and leads them to try other stuff, abuse alcohol, slack off from responsibilities, etc. Just a casual observer i guess. Or I'm assuming stuff like you.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »
Pot, is pot, is pot. No one lied to him. It was pot. Same thing could NOT have happened with advil. What are you talking about?

Seems like you're trying to justify pot use as not so bad. Thats fair because in the crazy world we live in it is legal in certain places. So who am I to say its a gateway for frum people who have never been exposed to drugs and leads them to try other stuff, abuse alcohol, slack off from responsibilities, etc. Just a casual observer i guess. Or I'm assuming stuff like you.

he took laced pot. He could have taken laced anything

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »
If you are saying its a gateway drug? It has not been proven. I would say over 50% of my friends smoke weed and no one takes any pills.YET

We should stop drinking grape juice/ more likely to start drinking/ which is then more likely to start drinking scotch / more likely to become an alcoholic
FTFY

Yes I'm saying for the frum oilem its a gateway drug as it has become acceptable. And if you have any idea about addiction you would know that recovering alcoholics do not drink grape juice because it can lead them down that road. Just more proof of your lack of education. 

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »
Incognito. DDF effect?

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2016, 02:21:40 PM »
Yes I'm saying for the frum oilem its a gateway drug as it has become acceptable. And if you have any idea about addiction you would know that recovering alcoholics do not drink grape juice because it can lead them down that road. Just more proof of your lack of education. 
You are going the wrong way. Just because a drug addict cant drink grape juice. Doesnt mean if you drink grape juice you will become addicted

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
You are going the wrong way. Just because a drug addict cant drink grape juice. Doesnt mean if you drink grape juice you will become addicted
Huh?

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »