Author Topic: Silent Killer  (Read 55127 times)

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Killer
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2016, 01:40:04 PM »
incognito and signed out

http://imgur.com/wt07zx8

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2016, 01:40:08 PM »
Classes in yeshiva about drugs, sex, abuse?

If our friend thinks its not as bad as the general population, then what is the general consensus? That we dont have it so bad.

Maybe parents should be educated that its bad enough in our community so that they can realize the signs and symptoms before they find their child passed out or c'v otherwise.

Yes maybe yeshivas (high school) should teach about drugs and alcohol. Its a parents job to teach a kid what is appropriate and what is not in the realm of sexual abuse. I know i've taught my kids what is appropriate touching and what is unacceptable. I would propose kallah teachers and those teaching chasanim to teach their students about sex addiction signs and symptoms and to reinforce the drugs and alcohol lessons which should be taught in yeshivas.

Lift the veil of secrecy a bit.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »

Educate them about what? Anyone taking them knows how dangerous they are. By the time they are at the stage of drugs they are quite exposed to the world at large.
Really?

When you have your first joint, you know how dangerous heroin is? You're not thinking about heroin. Youre thinking about Carlebach or Rav Nachman.

When your husband comes home and sexually abuses you because, hey you're married and its allowed, will you know that its inappropriate and part of his addiction?

When you go with the chevra to Atlantic City "for fun" and you cant stop thinking about that trip and when you will be going back and how you can get money when you have none do you know you're an addict. Will your loved ones know when you "borrow" money "for a week" that its not your next paycheck you're waiting for.

I dont want to make this personal but the bold statment makes me sense extreme naivete. How many teanagers are doing drugs and not exposed at all to the dangers of overdosing and only want a higher high??
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2016, 01:49:48 PM »
Really?

When you have your first joint, you know how dangerous heroin is? You're not thinking about heroin. Youre thinking about Carlebach or Rav Nachman.

When your husband comes home and sexually abuses you because, hey you're married and its allowed, will you know that its inappropriate and part of his addiction?

When you go with the chevra to Atlantic City "for fun" and you cant stop thinking about that trip and when you will be going back and how you can get money when you have none do you know you're an addict. Will your loved ones know when you "borrow" money "for a week" that its not your next paycheck you're waiting for.

I dont want to make this personal but I sense extreme naivete.
What percentage would you think of people are not aware of the health risks when they start using drugs?

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
What percentage would you think of people are not aware of the health risks when they start using drugs?

ZERO

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2016, 01:55:22 PM »
What percentage of people are not aware of the health risks when they start using drugs?
What percentage of yeshiva bochrim are doing pot on a regular basis and think its harmless. What percentage of yeshiva bochrim are gambling (legally and illegally) and know its bad for them in the long run?

There is a dearth of education on addiction in our community. On the parental level, the yeshiva/girl school level and on the level of the children themselves.

e.g. Telling a kid that a cardplayer is posul l'eidus will not stop him. Taking him to jail to visit an incarcerated compulsive gambler, may. We need to get a bit more graphic. Make it real. It's not a theoretical shtikel R' Chaim.

Online yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
I think a high percentage are not fully aware.
If you ask someone smoking their first joint if heroin is bad they will of course know that it is, yet they have no understanding that they just took the first step towards that deadly addiction.
I remember speaking to someone who told me he does everything except opiates bc "that stuff is too dangerous" one week later he was tested and opiates were found in his system. I asked him I thought u don't do opiates and he answered me "when I'm f+%ked up I'll do anything"

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »
were you located? but the results are deff ther and not based on my history.  http://isearchfrom.com/
Probably based on location not history

Online yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2016, 01:58:31 PM »
From what I understand in the last two three years the amount of guys in yeshiva's in Israel smoking weed (I'm talking yeshiva's like the Mir ) has gotten way out of control. Used to be only guys on the fringe were smoking and it was very hush hush.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2016, 01:58:45 PM »
I think a high percentage are not fully aware.
If you ask someone smoking their first joint if heroin is bad they will of course know that it is, yet they have no understanding that they just took the first step towards that deadly addiction.
I remember speaking to someone who told me he does everything except opiates bc "that stuff is too dangerous" one week later he was tested and opiates were found in his system. I asked him I thought u don't do opiates and he answered me "when I'm f+%ked up I'll do anything"
Finally some sanity!!!

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2016, 01:59:56 PM »
Probably based on location not history
missing a word..

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »
From what I understand in the last two three years the amount of guys in yeshiva's in Israel Brooklyn, Monsey, Lakewood, Connecticut [Insert your town here] smoking weed (I'm talking yeshiva's like the Mir ) has gotten way out of control. Used to be only guys on the fringe were smoking and it was very hush hush.
FTFY

Online yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2016, 02:01:50 PM »
FTFY
True. It's just on a bigger scale in Israel as it's the first time many guys are away from parents and in a yeshiva that has no oversight. Obviously this is happening in America as well

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »
FTFY
No one dies from it. Not a major concern. Deadly drugs and sexually abuse are a bigger concern

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2016, 02:07:58 PM »
No one dies from it. Not a major concern.
Is that how you justify using?

Point proven. You're just plain uneducated.

Afellow I know said that too. He's a pot head. He was out with his friends in July and they gave him some pot. They didnt tell him it was synthetic pot (K2). He ended up in the ICU for 8 days and now has lingering heart issues that he may carry for the rest of his life. Its a gateway drug at best and almost killed this guy.