Author Topic: Water Filters?  (Read 4853 times)

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Water Filters?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »
Many people have issues with this leaking. That may be due to over-tightening, but with that quantity of issues I'd be concerned. Especially for something inside wooden cabinaets.

Are you saying that this particular unit is more prone to leaking than other under the sink filters (in which case I'll just count myself as lucky) or that you are against under the sink filters in general?

Leaking is usually a result of poor installation or bad washers (assuming the unit itself isn't broken). I would definitely place cups or towels under the unit for a few days and if any water shows up check all the connections and rings. There is plenty of pex hose to play with so if the cut wasn't done right before snapping on, just disconnect and cut off a small piece from the end and reconnect.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 04:35:46 PM »
If you are going with under sink these guys are great! I have never seen an under sink filter with as good water flow and the water tastes amazing. They can give you a whole list of numbers why their filter is more expensive. They will also install it for you.

I used http://aquafilterplus.com/ and am very happy. They're based in Lakewood, they would probably go to Passaic. I paid ~$500 for an under sink filter which is connected to my cold water (no separate faucet), I don't think it's actually RO but they claim it's as good.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JoeyShmoe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 04:38:26 PM »
If you are going with under sink these guys are great! I have never seen an under sink filter with as good water flow and the water tastes amazing. They can give you a whole list of numbers why their filter is more expensive. They will also install it for you.
Yep, It's a year later and I couldn't be happier. Only downside is that a new filter is $100+ (don't remember the exact number, but I think more like $125), and my water doesn't taste so good now, so I gotta change it...
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 05:13:55 PM »

Are they certified by anyone? As they themselves point out, taste can be great but can still include contaminants.
Are you saying that this particular unit is more prone to leaking than other under the sink filters (in which case I'll just count myself as lucky) or that you are against under the sink filters in general?

This filter in particular has a LOT of negative reviews regarding leaks.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »
Are they certified by anyone? As they themselves point out, taste can be great but can still include contaminants.

Not sure. On their amazon pagws it looks like they do but ask them.

BTW they have an above counter two stage filter as well.

2 Stage Filtration System Countertop Double Drinking Water Filter with Faucet - - Amazon.com ($116.27)

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 07:45:18 PM »
This filter in particular has a LOT of negative reviews regarding leaks.

Never knew. But I'm not surprised to hear given its sold as a DIY kit. What would be more interesting than just knowing the number of bad reviews is how many units were sold in total, nationwide in Lowes for years.

People who have good experiences generally don't get around to writing reviews on amazon
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline Tim

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 09:02:44 PM »
We have used the Aqua Pure C-complete for four years now. I only have good things to say about it..

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Pure-Under-Filtration-System-Complete/dp/B06ZZXRPGS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498005925&sr=8-3&keywords=3m+c+complete

Offline ADG

• View Profile

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2023, 09:13:32 PM »
When it comes to buying replacement filters, are there reliable sources for cheaper than OEM? Both in terms of reliable websites, and places to check up the reliability/certification of companies making replacement filters.

I have a 3M Aqua-pure filter, the price for replacement filters goes up and down, but right now it's ~$135, while other brands are selling for less than half that.

OTOH, I don't want to risk too much when it comes to drinking water...

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2024, 04:01:19 PM »
Any current recommendations for under-sink or reverse osmosis water filters?

If anyone has consumer reports and can get the ratings for those 2 categories, that would be much apprecioated!