Author Topic: Appliance Repair Thread -- Any Technicians Here?  (Read 100690 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Appliance Repair Thread -- Any Technicians Here?
« Reply #580 on: June 14, 2023, 09:11:09 AM »
@myi Does pressing and holding down clear/off for 3 seconds help?
That's the 1st thing I did when I came over to see what's going on. 
Tried that. Ironically after 10 minutes of pressing that button it unlocked and worked for the next few usages and then decided to go back into lock mode. And yes Noone is putting it in lock mode. Oven keeps going by itself into that mode as if you held the clear off button for a few seconds to put that safety lock on.

Because the keypad display is working, meaning you can tab the off clear key and it makes a noise while every other button is locked. So something is up.
 At this point I'll buy a new pad with my amex or chase card that has return protection and try replacing the control panel.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 01, 2023, 01:56:10 PM »
That's the 1st thing I did when I came over to see what's going on. 
Tried that. Ironically after 10 minutes of pressing that button it unlocked and worked for the next few usages and then decided to go back into lock mode. And yes Noone is putting it in lock mode. Oven keeps going by itself into that mode as if you held the clear off button for a few seconds to put that safety lock on.

Because the keypad display is working, meaning you can tab the off clear key and it makes a noise while every other button is locked. So something is up.
 At this point I'll buy a new pad with my amex or chase card that has return protection and try replacing the control panel.
Replaced the control board. Still getting the lock down mode. I'm thinking it's the cooling fans that's causing the pad to lock down.will have to test that.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 12, 2023, 05:23:37 PM »
Having a strange issue with my gas range. Every so often (has probably happened ~3-5 times over a number of months) there will be a loud bank from the oven, at least once even strong enough to push open the door. This is usually during preheat, possibly when the flame was off, but not necessarily prior to the flame igniting the first time at all (unclear about that since we're usually not paying close attention to the flame in advance). Then for the next 5-10 minutes, the flames on the stovetop will be mostly orange, instead of the usual all blue. The first time it happened coincided with gas line work up the block, but based recent re-occurrence it seems like it's more likely an issue with the range (we have other gas appliances - dryer, hot water heater, grill - that appear to have no issues).

Any suggestions that might explain both parts of the issue?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 15, 2023, 12:45:03 AM »
Having a strange issue with my gas range. Every so often (has probably happened ~3-5 times over a number of months) there will be a loud bank from the oven, at least once even strong enough to push open the door. This is usually during preheat, possibly when the flame was off, but not necessarily prior to the flame igniting the first time at all (unclear about that since we're usually not paying close attention to the flame in advance). Then for the next 5-10 minutes, the flames on the stovetop will be mostly orange, instead of the usual all blue. The first time it happened coincided with gas line work up the block, but based recent re-occurrence it seems like it's more likely an issue with the range (we have other gas appliances - dryer, hot water heater, grill - that appear to have no issues).

Any suggestions that might explain both parts of the issue?
Having the over door pop open with a thrust like that usually means the igniter is going. Cheap fix. Watch a simple video and replace it. Should solve the door popping. A Robertshaw igniter is a great replacement or any igniter you find.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 15, 2023, 11:17:23 AM »
Having the over door pop open with a thrust like that usually means the igniter is going. Cheap fix. Watch a simple video and replace it. Should solve the door popping. A Robertshaw igniter is a great replacement or any igniter you find.
How does it relate to the orange flames on the stovetop though? The issues are definitely connected since they always occur together.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: November 15, 2023, 02:11:49 PM »
How does it relate to the orange flames on the stovetop though? The issues are definitely connected since they always occur together.
@skyguy918 Is your oven on when you have orange flames? Or do you see that even when the oven is off?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 15, 2023, 02:24:10 PM »
@skyguy918 Is your oven on when you have orange flames? Or do you see that even when the oven is off?
Even if the oven is off.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 15, 2023, 03:03:39 PM »
I'm going to at least open it up and inspect the igniter, just for starters. Seems like GE only sells the igniter with the burner (which may be damaged also for all I know), but there do seem to be igniters available on their own for my model from others.

Offline randomjay

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 16, 2023, 08:26:10 AM »
My LG front loader washer is having spinning problems. When it gets to spin it can take a very long time till it starts spinning, sometimes even half hour!!! It will start to spin slowly and stop, do some slow rounds to the right & left, start spinning again stop again, looks like it’s having some sensor etc that doesn’t allow it to start spinning. When I run the machine empty in test mode, it spins without any issue.

Any advice?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 16, 2023, 08:30:50 AM »
My LG front loader washer is having spinning problems. When it gets to spin it can take a very long time till it starts spinning, sometimes even half hour!!! It will start to spin slowly and stop, do some slow rounds to the right & left, start spinning again stop again, looks like it’s having some sensor etc that doesn’t allow it to start spinning. When I run the machine empty in test mode, it spins without any issue.

Any advice?
Do you overload the machine? Adding too much cloth can cause that issue at times.  But in mist cases it wouldn't go into spin mode.   Is there a delay that you have set for the machine to wait for before completing?

Offline randomjay

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 16, 2023, 09:44:22 AM »
Do you overload the machine? Adding too much cloth can cause that issue at times.  But in mist cases it wouldn't go into spin mode.   Is there a delay that you have set for the machine to wait for before completing?
Happens even on very light loads.
Didn’t set any delays.
Sometimes it’s working just fine, but it’s getting worse and worse.

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 03, 2024, 07:58:27 PM »
I have a dryer that is completely dead. The display is off and won't turn on. I tried resetting the breaker. Any ideas?

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 03, 2024, 08:44:58 PM »
I have a dryer that is completely dead. The display is off and won't turn on. I tried resetting the breaker. Any ideas?
Buy a new one?

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 03, 2024, 08:49:54 PM »
Buy a new one?
I don't know too much about dryers. Does this mean for sure there is no hope or maybe something just needs to be replaced(thermal fuse?) ?

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 03, 2024, 11:51:42 PM »
I don't know too much about dryers. Does this mean for sure there is no hope or maybe something just needs to be replaced(thermal fuse?) ?
ah thats something a tech can answer. could be a busted computer? or the wire connection burned out?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 03, 2024, 11:53:20 PM »
Old dryer or new ones with a whole display?

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 03, 2024, 11:54:32 PM »
Often times the more severe it seems broken the easier it is to fix.
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 03, 2024, 11:54:40 PM »
For starters make sure the outlet is getting power.
Test it. Or plug something in that works into that outlet
Then you can start to test the thermal fuse. And alike.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 04, 2024, 09:21:34 PM »
I called someone down and the problem was that where the end of the plug meets the dryer, on the dryer side some wire burned out. he needs to cut that out and reconnect... $165 makes sense?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 04, 2024, 10:51:26 PM »
I called someone down and the problem was that where the end of the plug meets the dryer, on the dryer side some wire burned out. he needs to cut that out and reconnect... $165 makes sense?
Not cheap
 But that's what a service call and repair may cost you.

You can always shop it around. But don't think you'll save much.