Author Topic: Request: looking for best price on a quality glucose monitoring system + strips  (Read 1384 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Posting for a relative:

As the title says, I'm looking for the best deal out there on a glucose (blood-sugar-level) self-testing / monitoring system. By best deal I'm also referring to the long-term cost as I seem to remember some devices are very cheap but the compatible strips are prohibitively expensive.

If anyone has any experience please share. TIA.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline duvz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United MileagePlus, Chase UR, BA Avios, SW Rapid Rewards, Amex SPG
Have you checked with your relative's insurance company to see what they'll pay for?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have you checked with your relative's insurance company to see what they'll pay for?

Great idea. Will advise.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Posting for a relative:

As the title says, I'm looking for the best deal out there on a glucose (blood-sugar-level) self-testing / monitoring system. By best deal I'm also referring to the long-term cost as I seem to remember some devices are very cheap but the compatible strips are prohibitively expensive.

If anyone has any experience please share. TIA.
If the insurance doesn't cover the cost, which it should I have a friend who always mentions to me about wanting to sell them,since he has a load full of them and not needing all of them so he was/is willing to sell them at a decent price.. there are different types or for different machines or all the same strips? 
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline DJ Perry

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
If the insurance doesn't cover the cost, which it should I have a friend who always mentions to me about wanting to sell them,since he has a load full of them and not needing all of them so he was/is willing to sell them at a decent price.. there are different types or for different machines or all the same strips?

There is no such a thing as insurance not covering. If you don't know, ask! If you need help, I can hook you up. We send out boxes daily for absolutely free of charge. There should be almost no such thing as paying OOP for strips, lancets or meters. DM me if you need more info, and i'd love to help!

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
There is no such a thing as insurance not covering. If you don't know, ask! If you need help, I can hook you up. We send out boxes daily for absolutely free of charge. There should be almost no such thing as paying OOP for strips, lancets or meters. DM me if you need more info, and i'd love to help!
I know the insurance does limit the amount you can get. But they do give you a supply enough to last you for each prescription.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for your feedback guys.

Offline duvz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United MileagePlus, Chase UR, BA Avios, SW Rapid Rewards, Amex SPG
Great idea. Will advise.
Great, let us know! I can say that they indeed limit your supply based on prescription time frame but that should get you started.