Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1407887 times)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Serve.com
« Reply #1740 on: October 03, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »
Chase Marriott pending as CA.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 03, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »
I hope you are not quitting DDF! ::)
Don't get your hopes up.  :P
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 03, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
Nobody said anything about proof. You stated up thread it was a CA. Nobody so far has been hit with a CA fee. Purchases being denied and CA CL being hit is normal. I explained why this is happening.

I admitted to it being a just pending charge a long time ago, you keep beating a dead horse.
I never even confirmed it to be a CA in the first place. The most I wrote was that there are numerous reports, never said anything was confirmed.
All you've accomplished here is completely confuse people that started messaging me that it's confirmed as NO CA.

You're acting like a complete fool, keep adding you're pointless posts one after another, make sure you create as much confusion as possible,
and make sure you continue standing on the soapbox shouting to everyone that you know more than they do.

The FT wiki data points of which cards are showing up as pending CA charges are useful unless you have no skin in the game.
Visibly Jewish

Online yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 03, 2014, 12:24:26 PM »
I hope you are not quitting DDF! ::)

I appreciate his useful posts, but I hope he quits his stupidity that sometimes comes along with it.
Visibly Jewish

Offline mb1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 03, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »
I appreciate his useful posts, but I hope he quits his stupidity that sometimes comes along with it.
Then only read the useful posts. :P

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1745 on: October 03, 2014, 12:50:48 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline ah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 03, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »
 he is by far the most helpful DDFer I have come across, and every post I have ever read from him has been coming from his own personal proven experience, which seems to be a lot-he's very accurate and extremely knowledgable in these areas, the only "soapbox standing" i have seen has been his legitimate concern for people reading wrong information and being steered wrong, or him explaining why it's in our best interest to keep certain things on the DL

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 03, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »
Why not?
Because I am a fool and stupid.  ;)

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 03, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »
Why not?
dont want to answer for him but i suppose possibly the tiny benefit in the grand scheme of things? most people only getting 1ppd or at most 2.2 with arrival=$33/month

Online yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 03, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »
dont want to answer for him but i suppose possibly the tiny benefit in the grand scheme of things? most people only getting 1ppd or at most 2.2 with arrival=$33/month

Yep why lock up CL when you can use it for more productive purposes.
Visibly Jewish

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 03, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »
I have been told I am confusing everyone with my posts. Lets make this simple. DON'T LOAD YOUR SERVE CARDS WITH ANY CC AT THIS TIME. There is uncertainty to what is going on. There is no rush to load your cards. Enjoy Shabbas and it should be straightened out when you return.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 03, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »
I have been told I am confusing everyone with my posts. Lets make this simple. DON'T LOAD YOUR SERVE CARDS WITH ANY CC AT THIS TIME. There is uncertainty to what is going on. There is no rush to load your cards. Enjoy Shabbas and it should be straightened out when you return.
I agree, and this is what I've been doing too.
There is NOTHING to gain at this point - it's not like the month is almost over. Let's hear what happens over the next few days.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 03, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »

We will most definitely enjoy this shabbos...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 03, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
We will most definitely enjoy this shabbos...
gmar chasima tova to all

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 03, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: October 03, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »
I was having the issue of my card getting charged as a cash advance.  It's being declined since my cash advance is set to zero. Serve told me that since I only had withdraw $ in the past therefore it's coming up as a cash advance. Today I paid off another credit card bill. Afterwards, I was able to load my serve with my sp card without any problems.
Please use punctuation. I tried to punctuate, but I'm having difficulties. Therefore I don't understand what you wrote.

gmar chasima tova to all
Thank you, to you as well! Chaim, thank you for all of you help, and for standing on the soapbox when necessary.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:51:04 PM by WAM »

Offline lyla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 03, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »
I just discovered something very strange on my ISIS/Serve account. There were 3 $5 credits put on yesterday from Verizon. I signed up in August and got the promotion then so I don't know why I got these. Not complaining but am a little puzzled.

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 04, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
I loaded $500 from my freedom (visa) on 10/1 and 10/2. I didn't lower my CA limit because I thought it was $100 but turns out it's actually $2300 since I had shifted more CL over to my freedom card recently. The $500 load from 10/1 posted now in my account as a purchase not as a CA, and the $500 load from 10/2 is still pending and my cash advance limit is now down to $1800, which means that this $500 load is pending as CA. Hopefully when this posts it will show up as a purchase also, just like the $500 load from 10/1 - unless this new CA business only changed on 10/2, If so then my load from 10/1 isn't a proof about pending in CA and posted as purchase.

UPDATE: The $500 i loaded from my FREEDOM on 10/2 posted as a PURCHASE. So i believe its confirmed - pended as CA and posted as purchase.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 04, 2014, 04:18:12 PM »
I loaded $500 from my freedom (visa) on 10/1 and 10/2. I didn't lower my CA limit because I thought it was $100 but turns out it's actually $2300 since I had shifted more CL over to my freedom card recently. The $500 load from 10/1 posted now in my account as a purchase not as a CA, and the $500 load from 10/2 is still pending and my cash advance limit is now down to $1800, which means that this $500 load is pending as CA. Hopefully when this posts it will show up as a purchase also, just like the $500 load from 10/1 - unless this new CA business only changed on 10/2, If so then my load from 10/1 isn't a proof about pending in CA and posted as purchase.
Finally an informative post.

UPDATE: The $500 i loaded from my FREEDOM on 10/2 posted as a PURCHASE. So i believe its confirmed - pended as CA and posted as purchase.
...and another one.

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 04, 2014, 07:52:17 PM »
ime it has not worked. maybe if you call them they can fix it but i just tested with a different sim and it said my account is registered to another secure element
Great . thanks for heads up!
כפרות על כפרה