Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1408396 times)

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #2420 on: November 10, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »
Where in Brooklyn are folks tapping 15 times per card now that cvs selfpay don't work?

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 10, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »
I withdrew $400 from Serve to my Greendot bank account sometime over the weekend (Friday, I think). When I log on Serve now, there's no record of this withdrawal, yet the amount has been deducted. I've withdrawn money to this same bank account a few times before but don't remember it being like this. I looked at past withdrawals, and they now read as "Withdrawal to Bank Greendot Bank". I tried a much smaller withdrawal a few minutes ago to test it, and the new pending one says "Withdrawal by Ach Greendot Bank xxxxxx1234". I searched through emails, and apparently Serve doesn't send email alerts for bank withdrawals. Basically, my Serve is short $400 and there's no accounting for it. Do Serve pending transactions 1-2 days old disappear like they do on Chase Ink cards? I'd rather not call and have the CSR see that I just load and withdraw and BP.

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: November 10, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »
I withdrew $400 from Serve to my Greendot bank account sometime over the weekend (Friday, I think). When I log on Serve now, there's no record of this withdrawal, yet the amount has been deducted. I've withdrawn money to this same bank account a few times before but don't remember it being like this. I looked at past withdrawals, and they now read as "Withdrawal to Bank Greendot Bank". I tried a much smaller withdrawal a few minutes ago to test it, and the new pending one says "Withdrawal by Ach Greendot Bank xxxxxx1234". I searched through emails, and apparently Serve doesn't send email alerts for bank withdrawals. Basically, my Serve is short $400 and there's no accounting for it. Do Serve pending transactions 1-2 days old disappear like they do on Chase Ink cards? I'd rather not call and have the CSR see that I just load and withdraw and BP.
So just wait a few more days and see what happens.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: November 11, 2014, 12:56:19 AM »
Eh, Serve reps are Indian. Just call and ask them.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:15 PM »
I am trying to sign up for Isis Serve  using my sister's line.How do I sign up for Isis serve on my sister's Tmobile  line?
Her phone that she uses and likes is not compatible with NFC.
I have an extra phone NFC capable phone and I have  the soft card Sim too. Does the sim have to be registered to her number when signing up for Isis Serve? The sim she has in her phone will be Invalid if I sign up for Isis serve  on my phone?
Thanks

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: November 11, 2014, 09:57:15 PM »
Sim needs to be active and in an NFC capable phone. You have to put service on isis sim and use NFC phone. After sign up you can just let her use the isis sim in her phone.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 11, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »
She used to have Galaxy S2 and I could never find Isis sim for it . It uses the old fashion big size sim. I ordered  the standard micro size sim without knowing, even registered to her number. Called her to come to my place to replace the sim. It didn't work cos the GS2 uses big size sim. Lol! She was like what the hell are yo doing asking me to come here,  trying  to change sims back and forth!

Now she uses LG L90 new phone that takes the standard micro size sim but that phone has no NFC capability.

I have my own isis serve  signed up on my line and I use galaxy s4. I have an HTC One that that has NFC. Maybe I will have to upgrade her phone with the HTC one so I can sign up for Isis serve, or I will just replace the current sim on her L90 with a new isis sim.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:08 AM »
I know I shouldn't pay the credit card that funded the account, but can I pay the AU on the account? It's a different card number. Does that count as paying the same account?

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: November 12, 2014, 03:12:21 AM »
I know I shouldn't pay the credit card that funded the account, but can I pay the AU on the account? It's a different card number. Does that count as paying the same account?
If it's a different number, I wouldn't worry about it.
No personal experience though.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 12, 2014, 08:40:14 AM »
If it's a different number, I wouldn't worry about it.
No personal experience though.
Thanks. Anyone else with personal experience?

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: November 12, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »
Thanks. Anyone else with personal experience?
I've been paying the CC that funded the account for months, and I never had a problem.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 12, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
I've been paying the CC that funded the account for months, and I never had a problem.
Yet....Good to know. Thanks!

Offline UnstableOne

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 12, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »
Does anyone know any convenience/grocery stores besides Walgreens in Northern California that work with softcard?

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 13, 2014, 08:20:08 AM »
She used to have Galaxy S2 and I could never find Isis sim for it . It uses the old fashion big size sim. I ordered  the standard micro size sim without knowing, even registered to her number. Called her to come to my place to replace the sim. It didn't work cos the GS2 uses big size sim.

You can buy an adapter that will allow you to use the micro SIM na phone that needs a bigger one.

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 13, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »
Does anyone know any convenience/grocery stores besides Walgreens in Northern California that work with softcard?
Try looking here.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline tzvicoco

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 13, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »
Just switched the cc linked to serve then tried to add $$, got the message "Risk Declined Operation." Anybody have a clue what this means/why I got it? (I funded $1000 so far this month)

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Serve.com
« Reply #2436 on: November 13, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »
Just switched the cc linked to serve then tried to add $$, got the message "Risk Declined Operation." Anybody have a clue what this means/why I got it? (I funded $1000 so far this month)
it could be your credit card declined the charge, if it was - call your cc. If it wasn't your cc then it means serve needs to verify your cc and follow this -
Direct link to upload photo of credit card. (Maybe useful for adding an AU CC)
https://secure.serve.com/user/SecureFileUpload
And then you can call immediately the direct number of Account Protection Services 1-800-555-4318.

Offline Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 13, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »

I thought you could only fund $1K per month. Why would you try to add more?
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 13, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
I thought you could only fund $1K per month. Why would you try to add more?
Probably has Serve. (1.5K per months)

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 13, 2014, 01:30:43 PM »

Probably has Softcard. (1.5K per months)
FTFY.