Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1411482 times)

Offline KidOOO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #2720 on: December 03, 2014, 04:39:35 PM »
Trying to load US Buxx Visa as debit card on serve.com

got verified by amex but when loading it says declined by bank. did this happen to anyone?

Offline eli.f

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: December 03, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »

got verified by amex but when loading it says declined by bank. did this happen to anyone?
Call US Bank

Offline rng

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: December 03, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »
they are counted as debit cards
just to clarify, in wm they're counted as dc but not online?

Offline Red

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: December 03, 2014, 04:56:33 PM »

Yup, since they changed the way loads are coded it no longer works to load from buxx.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: December 03, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »
Yup, since they changed the way loads are coded it no longer works to load from buxx.

How about if i put it as a credit card?

Offline Ephraimh

• View Profile
Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #2725 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:47 PM »
My statement just closed. Citi AA Business Mastercard: CA = $0, finance charges = $0, fees = $0, purchases = $200 (a Serve online load, to be clear).
Different story by me,
My Citi AA Business MaCa statement just closed as well, and it's a CA.

Serve online load as well.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:30:49 PM by Ephraimh »

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 04, 2014, 04:02:19 AM »
Different story by me,

That's it it for city then. All citi cards are now CA.
 :-[

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: December 04, 2014, 08:24:23 AM »
Different story by me,

None of my charges from the current month show as CA. A phone rep told me that CAs would show up under unbilled activity and include the finance charge (nothing is listed under that tab for me right now), but I DROPR. Anyone know if CAs are supposed to be shown under unbilled activity?

My Serve charges are categorized as POI Funding Transactions, which is the same as last month.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 04, 2014, 09:09:52 AM »
None of my charges from the current month show as CA. A phone rep told me that CAs would show up under unbilled activity and include the finance charge (nothing is listed under that tab for me right now), but I DROPR. Anyone know if CAs are supposed to be shown under unbilled activity?

My Serve charges are categorized as POI Funding Transactions, which is the same as last month.
+1
i just used serve online yesterday with a citi mc, and its pending as "poi transaction"

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 04, 2014, 09:10:44 AM »
used serve online load for capaitalone mc and is pending as professional services

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: December 04, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »
Hmm... My SW Plus card worked yesterday and today it was declined. I called Chase and the machine (didn't even get to a rep) said that my recent cash advance request was denied because it would go over my CA limit. Perhaps I need to wait for the charge to actually post (hopefully as a charge) and then my CA limit will be reset so that it can be swiped again?

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 04, 2014, 09:23:50 AM »
Hmm... My SW Plus card worked yesterday and today it was declined. I called Chase and the machine (didn't even get to a rep) said that my recent cash advance request was denied because it would go over my CA limit. Perhaps I need to wait for the charge to actually post (hopefully as a charge) and then my CA limit will be reset so that it can be swiped again?
+1 .. While it's pending your CA limit is reduced by the 500$
כפרות על כפרה

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 04, 2014, 09:38:07 AM »
+1 .. While it's pending your CA limit is reduced by the 500$
In the past, I've done a different card at $500 on day 1 and on day 2 even while day 1's charge was pending. Perhaps that card had a higher CA limit so it was able to handle 2 days worth of CA. Thanks, I'll just wait another day or two.

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 04, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
In the past, I've done a different card at $500 on day 1 and on day 2 even while day 1's charge was pending. Perhaps that card had a higher CA limit so it was able to handle 2 days worth of CA. Thanks, I'll just wait another day or two.
Yes its b.c of the CA limit. You can call and have it increased.
כפרות על כפרה

Offline rng

• View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 04, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
about to load serve with an amex plat card, is that considered a CA?
its a new card, so when i call amex to notify of a large transaction to make sure it doesnt get declined what do i tell them the name of the merchant is?

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: December 04, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »
its a new card, so when i call amex to notify of a large transaction to make sure it doesnt get declined what do i tell them the name of the merchant is?
Remember amex CC don't earn points with serve. if it hasn't changed it will count towards spend threshold
כפרות על כפרה

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 04, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
To answer your question it shouldn't be a CA, and no need to notify... If it gets declined call them and tell them it was you. Make sure CA isn't set to zero.
כפרות על כפרה

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: December 04, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »
Yes its b.c of the CA limit. You can call and have it increased.
Rep told me he would have to increase my CL in order to increase my CA and that will be a pull. I'll just wait till the transaction posts.

Offline rng

• View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »
To answer your question it shouldn't be a CA, and no need to notify... If it gets declined call them and tell them it was you. Make sure CA isn't set to zero.
i chatted amex and i asked rep where i can see me CA limit on my charge card (platinum)
the amex rep told me that because its a charge card i need to enroll this is what the rep said
"Express Cash allows you to use your Charge Card to withdraw cash from your designated bank account at participating ATM locations worldwide. You must be enrolled to use this feature.
So any amount you have in your designated bank..
You Can withdraw maximum of $500 or up to their cash available limit, whichever is less.
Upon enrollment, we will send you a Personal Identification Number (PIN), expect receipt within 5 to 7 business days. You may change your PIN at any time. You must use your PIN along with your Card when withdrawing cash from an ATM. Upon enrollment, you will be asked to provide information designating the bank account that will be used for this service.
When you withdraw cash at an ATM, your bank account will be debited the amount of the withdrawal (inclusive of any ATM operator or network fees) plus a fee of 3% of the total amount of your transaction or $5, whichever is greater
Pam: Please provide bank account number and routing number."
any advice here?

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2739 on: December 04, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »
Screwed up sbs a bit: I had $30 in serve account and charged $10, $10.01 and $10.02 on it - the last charge seems to have gone through as 9.99 which was all that was left on the account (all 3 charges are "on hold") even though my receipt says 10.02. I also didn't get an email confirmation for this one.
Does anyone know if my serve will overdraw and will I be hit with some kind of fee? Receipt shows 10.02 but serve online is showing 9.99 hold.
So I got 2 credits and didn't get any credit for the 9.99 transaction. Overall this exact situation happened twice on 2 serve accounts I have so missing $20 in credits.
Is there a way to chat or SM serve or do I have to call later.
You have to call.
Took 20 minutes but got good faith $10 credit on my account. Need DW to call for hers now with all the verifications they do. More annoying than I expected but I'll take it!