Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1399256 times)

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #2960 on: December 31, 2014, 04:14:52 PM »
Exactly. If you would be possible, you wouldn't be able to miss it :)

Lol. Thanks!

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #2961 on: December 31, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
Exactly. If you would be possible, you wouldn't be able to miss it :)
Or it would be top secret
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline yitzy93

• View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: December 31, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »
Or it would be top secret

Nah, not really...I called them to confirm

Offline Talmid Muvhak

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: December 31, 2014, 06:23:04 PM »
The daily limit is now 2500.
and you can ignore the screen on the atm that tries to tell you otherwise ;D
וצדיק באמונתו יחיה

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: January 02, 2015, 04:16:45 AM »
and you can ignore the screen on the atm that tries to tell you otherwise ;D
It does? I don't even read it anymore.

Offline eitang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: January 03, 2015, 08:25:02 PM »
How come i cant upload my mastercard gift cards at walmart? Anyone else have this issue...only visa working. Thanks!

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: January 03, 2015, 08:26:51 PM »
How come i cant upload my mastercard gift cards at walmart? Anyone else have this issue...only visa working. Thanks!
Yup Only Visa

Offline eitang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: January 03, 2015, 10:09:23 PM »
Any other way to unload the mastercards besides spending them?

Offline Adam101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: January 03, 2015, 11:40:55 PM »
Any other way to unload the mastercards besides spending them?
Read the bluebird wiki

Offline Dukie02

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: January 04, 2015, 12:49:25 AM »
Yup Only Visa

I was able to load a $200 MCGC to Serve via Wal-Mart terminal yesterday. Loaded just as the VGCs, once I'd set the pin. I don't recall which bank it was from (I purchased it at Office Depot last month), but the site I registered it with was mygiftcardsite.com if that helps.

Offline yitzy93

• View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: January 04, 2015, 04:08:54 AM »
I have a PayPal debit (master) card that's linked to my Chase bank account for funding. The PP card gets me 1% cash back on all purchases.
Anyone know whether loading Serve with my PP card will raise any red flags at PayPal/Serve?

Offline eitang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: January 04, 2015, 01:03:06 PM »
What about $500 gift cards? Are they loadable to serve at walmart? I want to spend less in fees and just need this to meet a threshold. Thanks!

Offline aradisc

• View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: January 04, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »
I have a PayPal debit (master) card that's linked to my Chase bank account for funding. The PP card gets me 1% cash back on all purchases.
Anyone know whether loading Serve with my PP card will raise any red flags at PayPal/Serve?

The only flag at Serve is the usual adding a debit/credit card verification where they have you upload a scan of the card and ID. There should be no other flags from the Serve.

As for PP, they are known to A/A if you work them heavily but I've flown under the radar with modest monthly $1000 (BB) - $1500 (ISIS Serve) PP reload cards from CVS. It seems that using the card is a much safer way to get money off of PP than bank account withdrawal. Plus you get the cashback because BB/Serve count as signature purchases! It actually more than pays for the reload card fee.

And I have no idea how Chase perceives the backup funding source/checking account loading to PP if you use the debit card with no PP balance. You wouldn't earn points, anyways.

Offline yitzy93

• View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: January 04, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »
And I have no idea how Chase perceives the backup funding source/checking account loading to PP if you use the debit card with no PP balance. You wouldn't earn points, anyways.

Thanks.
So will it help to manually withdraw from my checking to PayPal, and then load serve with PP debit card?

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: January 04, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
Don't do it if you load your PP account with MyCash cards. I got a warning email from PP specifically singling out such purchases besides for bank withdrawals.

Why wouldn't you earn points? PP shouldn't care where the money came from, as long as it was spent on the card.

Offline eitang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: January 04, 2015, 03:36:05 PM »
What about $500 gift cards? Are they loadable to serve at walmart? I want to spend less in fees and just need this to meet a threshold. Thanks!

Bump. Anyone know?

Offline aradisc

• View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: January 04, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »
Don't do it if you load your PP account with MyCash cards. I got a warning email from PP specifically singling out such purchases besides for bank withdrawals.
Why wouldn't you earn points? PP shouldn't care where the money came from, as long as it was spent on the card.

What volume were you doing? I have been consistently doing MyCash > BB/Serve, but in limited quantities and I have miscellaneous other activity on my PP account as well. Never been warned.

I mentioned not earning points because yitzy was referring to loading PP via Chase bank account. There are much better and safer ways to get 1%+ cashback than simply loading to PP and spending on their card.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: January 04, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »
What volume were you doing? I have been consistently doing MyCash > BB/Serve, but in limited quantities and I have miscellaneous other activity on my PP account as well. Never been warned.

I mentioned not earning points because yitzy was referring to loading PP via Chase bank account. There are much better and safer ways to get 1%+ cashback than simply loading to PP and spending on their card.
I was loading 1k/mo each to 2 serve accounts, loading the same amount from MyCash cards every month, with some misc. activity besides that.

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: January 04, 2015, 05:11:07 PM »
Finally did my first Serve deposit of GCs at Wal-Mart. The one thing that confused me at first was that you need to select BlueBird as your transaction type for making a deposit! I thought I'd read up all the different threads on here and elsewhere and was all ready for it (and the Out of Service machines, of course!). It only took me two Wal-Marts to find an in-service machine, but it took me a few tries to figure out that Serve loads via the Bluebird button! Hopefully that info will help others too. BTW, I did 5 x $200 loads with no problems, for my daily limit.

That info is very helpful!
I will try this Saturday night to load via the service machine.
If that doesn't work, I will go to a regular cashier, and ask to load via bluebird.

Thanks!

Offline Excalibur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: January 04, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »
Anyone having trouble linking Barclay cards