Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1398243 times)

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #4000 on: October 15, 2015, 08:40:58 AM »
Can all you rb people leave serve alone 😡😡. Why not go to bb ?

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: October 15, 2015, 08:41:53 AM »
Can all you rb people leave serve alone 😡😡. Why not go to bb ?
What excectly is your problem?
money doesn't talk......      it SCREAMS !

Offline moshewoodmere01

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: October 15, 2015, 09:02:07 AM »
What excectly is your problem?
A sudden, massive influx of bandwagon jumpers with little to no experience with Serve. Most of whom are not knowledgeable MSers and just want a new out.
1. Amex will surely notice the hike in numbers. (Exposure is nearly always bad for methods)
2. New people talk to reps. Never good. (Case in point - there has already been talk here of asking phone reps if amex cards count towards minimum spend requirements)
3. Already Serve can't handle it. Website went down several times last night.
Think away the box.

Offline moshewoodmere01

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: October 15, 2015, 09:02:58 AM »
In short, our concern is that the death of one product will unnecessarily lead to the starvation of another.
Think away the box.

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: October 15, 2015, 09:03:02 AM »
A sudden, massive influx of bandwagon jumpers with little to no experience with Serve. Most of whom are not knowledgeable MSers and just want a new out.
1. Amex will surely notice the hike in numbers. (Exposure is nearly always bad for methods)
2. New people talk to reps. Never good. (Case in point - there has already been talk here of asking phone reps if amex cards count towards minimum spend requirements)

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: October 15, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »
In short, our concern is that the death of one product will unnecessarily lead to the starvation of another.
I agree! If people would of act normal,  RC would of been still alive

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: October 15, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
I know a friend of mine,  called in amex to ask if loading on a serve card would be considered as spending the threshold . I told him if you don't know how to play rather don't start at all.

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: October 15, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
Has anyone bought a temporary serve card recently? When registering online,  can you register as an type of serve,  or only specific ones
Anyone?

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: October 15, 2015, 09:17:55 AM »

I agree! If people would of act normal,  RC would of been still alive
Says who ?!
I know a friend of mine,  called in amex to ask if loading on a serve card would be considered as spending the threshold . I told him if you don't know how to play rather don't start at all.
Maybe teach him instead, just like you were helped here. Almost all of us didn't know how to play when we started.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: October 15, 2015, 09:18:35 AM »
+1. Rule #1) don't ask, don't tell, and never call. Rule #2) YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE!!!??? DON'T CALL!!!
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Josef.koney

• View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: October 15, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »
+1. Rule #1) don't ask, don't tell, and never call. Rule #2) YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE!!!??? DON'T CALL!!!
Well said 

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: October 15, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »
Not nearly as many WM's as there are Targets. Hopefully the noobs give up the CC game because extra work will be required.

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: October 15, 2015, 10:34:22 AM »
Not nearly as many WM's as there are Targets. Hopefully the noobs give up the CC game because extra work will be required.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: October 15, 2015, 10:39:28 AM »
All the hating on noobs causes them to ask the companies questions instead of you.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: October 15, 2015, 10:43:43 AM »
All the hating on noobs causes them to ask the companies questions instead of you.

I offer advice and help whenever a noob locks the ATM at my local WMs so they know going forward.

I'm just saying I hope the inconvenience of no nearby WMs makes some of them give it up.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: October 15, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
I offer advice and help whenever a noob locks the ATM at my local WMs so they know going forward.

I'm just saying I hope the inconvenience of no nearby WMs makes some of them give it up.
Probably only after asking the WM CSRs for help as they wave their cards.   >:(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:59:36 PM by jj1000 »

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: October 15, 2015, 01:46:32 PM »
I just don't want my MC/Visa online load to go away. $1500 credit card spending without even having to login. I guess at least people can't jump on that and ruin it anymore.

Offline JosephM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: October 15, 2015, 04:47:29 PM »
I've seen conflicting reports.  Should I use the same phone number when applying for Serve as the one on the Redbird, or should I change the redbird number before closing it so that I can use the correct one for the new Serve?

Offline Ydad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: October 15, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »
Same  # worked for me

Offline NoonRadar

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: October 15, 2015, 05:17:11 PM »
I've seen conflicting reports.  Should I use the same phone number when applying for Serve as the one on the Redbird, or should I change the redbird number before closing it so that I can use the correct one for the new Serve?

The moment you register for Serve (or Bluebird) the email address and phone nr you use should be the same as they were on the Redbird acct before you closed it.

It doesn't matter whether before closing Redbird you changed the email and/or phone nr you had there, just make sure to remember what you had on Redbird before you closed it (look it up under "Profile") and use the same.