Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1385596 times)

Offline maxie m

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #5600 on: January 15, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »
Just went back and it worked. Maybe something was wrong with the terminal that I swiped on. Who knows.
having the same issue
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline meezewho1122

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: January 16, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »
I'm almost sure that serve hard coded all cards not t allow to load at walmart with visa gift cards. Non of my 10 open cards are going through the loading process

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: January 16, 2016, 10:37:56 PM »
I'm almost sure that serve hard coded all cards not t allow to load at walmart with visa gift cards. Non of my 10 open cards are going through the loading process
Is it a Vanilla or other?

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: January 16, 2016, 10:38:25 PM »
Did you try going to a different register?

Offline surylevy1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: January 16, 2016, 10:40:28 PM »
Did you try going to a different register?
Yes, I tried a different register with different serve cards. Nothing worked.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: January 17, 2016, 05:18:02 AM »

Which type of Visa GC?

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: January 17, 2016, 10:21:52 AM »
Just did my first RA load - Manager had no idea what to do and had only loaded these cards one time before

:)

Offline srulky

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: January 17, 2016, 01:35:46 PM »
where do you live? Oklahoma?

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: January 17, 2016, 02:05:02 PM »
help! my friend did not get flagged for his serve card-no email- even called...RELAX!!- and just asked if his account is in good standing and she said it all looks good, and got a "suspected fraud" flag at FD today.
whats going on?? anyone else get this?
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: January 17, 2016, 02:21:54 PM »
help! my friend did not get flagged for his serve card-no email- even called...RELAX!!- and just asked if his account is in good standing and she said it all looks good, and got a "suspected fraud" flag at FD today.
Standard failed load protocol at FD.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ralf

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5610 on: January 17, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »
loaded vgc's to old serve at RA today

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: January 17, 2016, 03:24:28 PM »
loaded vgc's to old serve at RA today
That's nice.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline kranzman

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: January 17, 2016, 09:18:35 PM »
Here's a FACT. Barclay card Arrival+ when used to buy GC's at Simon Mall properties will go thru as a CASH ADVANCE and charge you 5% for the transaction AND you won't get Any points. OUCH!! this is new because I have bought many a gc there with that very card and had no problem, but when the points didn't register from my latest transaction (Last Week!) I went on line and checked my account and sure enuf I have some hefty charges there for the cash advance. I clicked on the transaction and it shows now as a cash advance. >:(

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: January 17, 2016, 10:44:30 PM »
Here's a FACT. Barclay card Arrival+ when used to buy GC's at Simon Mall properties will go thru as a CASH ADVANCE and charge you 5% for the transaction AND you won't get Any points. OUCH!! this is new because I have bought many a gc there with that very card and had no problem, but when the points didn't register from my latest transaction (Last Week!) I went on line and checked my account and sure enuf I have some hefty charges there for the cash advance. I clicked on the transaction and it shows now as a cash advance. >:(

Probably better to buy Gift cards @ CVS

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: January 18, 2016, 08:44:10 AM »
"Suspected Fraud" is what I got at FD on a Serve that was shutdown but didn't get the email. I tried loading it with an Amex online and got the message that no more loading allowed.

Surprisingly, another Serve that didn't get the email actually took a load this morning. So that's nice.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Meno

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: January 18, 2016, 08:54:13 AM »
Loaded at 2 RA's last night, no problem. Went into a 3rd this morning, asked to do a reload, and she just shook her head no. I said "No?", she said "No"

It was my first time at this RA

Can they do that?

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: January 18, 2016, 08:56:12 AM »
Can they do that?

They can do whatever they want. Just say thank you and avoid that rep next time.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: January 18, 2016, 12:09:10 PM »
They can do whatever they want. Just say thank you and avoid that rep next time.

Exactly . While making a regular purchase , I had  the store  mgr who loads limit for me , and right next to him was the cashier that said cash only .

I did not say a word to him or her , just smiled and walked out.

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: January 18, 2016, 03:28:23 PM »

You have got to be kidding! I wonder if the same thing will apply with funding Citi accounts? Not much use for the card if that's the case. I can use other cards at drug and grocery stores.

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: January 18, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »
You have got to be kidding! I wonder if the same thing will apply with funding Citi accounts? Not much use for the card if that's the case. I can use other cards at drug and grocery stores.
Lower the cash advance  to $0