Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1385583 times)

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #6420 on: April 01, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »
2500 down, 2500 to go. Unfortunately, only 1 card this month :(
At least you got one.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline newdealseeker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: April 01, 2016, 10:28:40 AM »
At least you got one.
+1
Many can't even say that...
Disappointing for you and everyone else

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: April 01, 2016, 10:32:23 AM »
At least you got one.

Also, at least last month I got 2 cycles in on one card :)

Offline Amusch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: April 01, 2016, 11:38:12 AM »
Nah. Just act clueless. Then use a different cashier.

Thanks. So you think I can just walk back in there next week or do they have a picture of me behind the counter? Or do they tell all of their employees "No Jews"?

Offline Azis Papa

• View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: April 01, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
Has anyone bothered to write to Amex at the address that CS gives to find out specifics about why your funds loading was terminated?  Just curious if they give any insight into what triggers it or if it is just a stock, bs response. 

Offline mord1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: April 01, 2016, 04:43:32 PM »
2500 down, 2500 to go. Unfortunately, only 1 card this month :(
same here, $2500 down, 2500 to go,, also only 1 card so far,  I was going to try to reopen previous cards, but I think it makes more sense to wait till later in the month, so I can get this and next month hopefully in, no?

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: April 01, 2016, 05:32:54 PM »
Did shutdown notices go out today? Loaded last month for first time on new card. So far so good. I paid a bill with entire balance today to legit billpay (CC). Any chance i can still load after today or will i get purged for no reason again?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Davidp

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: April 04, 2016, 12:14:19 PM »
Just tried loading serve at rite aid on 13th Ave & 51st street in Boro Park. Both cashiers told me that that specific location did not allow "loading cards"? Could that be correct? Anyone else have a similar experience? (Pardon me if this topic has been covered elsewhere)

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #6428 on: April 04, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »
Just tried loading serve at rite aid on 13th Ave & 51st street in Boro Park. Both cashiers told me that that specific location did not allow "loading cards"? Could that be correct? Anyone else have a similar experience? (Pardon me if this topic has been covered elsewhere)
every location has a right to do whatever they want. Tell them thank you and move on to the next rite aid.

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: April 04, 2016, 12:23:39 PM »
every location has a right to do whatever they want. Tell them thank you and move on to the next rite aid.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: April 04, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »
not just every location, every cashier too

Offline Davidp

• View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: April 04, 2016, 01:49:15 PM »

Ty!

Offline mord1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: April 04, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
same here, $2500 down, 2500 to go,, also only 1 card so far,  I was going to try to reopen previous cards, but I think it makes more sense to wait till later in the month, so I can get this and next month hopefully in, no?
2500 down. maxed out for the month! email coming soon!

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #6433 on: April 04, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »
Well, as the cashier asked me for my debit card, I smoothly swiped and then showed it to her. Went to another store to finish my remaining loads.
Rite Aid, and i've used her before. I should have realized something was wrong when she asked for my ID.
^^^

Offline Davidp

• View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: April 04, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »
Well, as the cashier asked me for my debit card, I smoothly swiped and then showed it to her. Went to another store to finish my remaining loads.
Rite Aid, and i've used her before. I should have realized something was wrong when she asked for my ID.

What is this in reference to?

Offline Davidp

• View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: April 04, 2016, 04:27:08 PM »
Is the daily limit of 1k just for loading a physical card, or is it combined with the $200 limit for online loads?

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »
Is the daily limit of 1k just for loading a physical card, or is it combined with the $200 limit for online loads?
Separate.

Offline rysher

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: April 04, 2016, 09:43:11 PM »
How critical is it that the name on the serve must = the bank that you want to transfer to?
i'm on the same boat, i got 4 serve vip's my friends opened for me (excluding mine and my dw's, i got 6 total) , i tried putting my account number and routing number to my friend's serve account to try, it's been 7 business days and there's no tiny deposit on my bank account. still hoping...

i got the money from my friends serve by sending money to my serve account ( $2.5k), then from my serve moved to my bank.
the next day i tried sending another $2.5k from the same friends card, but it says sending limit has been reached, apparently you're only allowed to send $2.5k per month, so i had it sent me a check.

this is going to be a hassle with 4 serves sending checks. at least my wife's account is able to push money to my bank.

Offline Davidp

• View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: April 04, 2016, 09:54:53 PM »
i'm on the same boat, i got 4 serve vip's my friends opened for me (excluding mine and my dw's, i got 6 total) , i tried putting my account number and routing number to my friend's serve account to try, it's been 7 business days and there's no tiny deposit on my bank account. still hoping...

i got the money from my friends serve by sending money to my serve account ( $2.5k), then from my serve moved to my bank.
the next day i tried sending another $2.5k from the same friends card, but it says sending limit has been reached, apparently you're only allowed to send $2.5k per month, so i had it sent me a check.

this is going to be a hassle with 4 serves sending checks. at least my wife's account is able to push money to my bank.

I'm assuming that the $ you put in the serve's were from gift cards. Why not just pay the CC's directly? Or am I missing something?

Offline rysher

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: April 04, 2016, 11:21:22 PM »
I'm assuming that the $ you put in the serve's were from gift cards. Why not just pay the CC's directly? Or am I missing something?
that's the plan moving forward.
only doing m$ on 1 CC, pushing $70-80k per month.