Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1385457 times)

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #6900 on: October 28, 2016, 01:48:08 AM »
Anyone know if anything higher than $50 could be loaded from a VANILLA gift card to serve at Dollar General?
Wasn't there a problem with dollar general and loading gift cards?

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: November 16, 2016, 06:53:56 PM »
Is there a way to push an ACH from Serve? All I see is a way to link a bank account, but the names have to match. Am I missing something? PMs welcome. Thanks.

Offline booyaa

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: November 16, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »
Is there a way to push an ACH from Serve? All I see is a way to link a bank account, but the names have to match. Am I missing something? PMs welcome. Thanks.

I think linking bank account and withdrawing is the only way to push. Why not pull from another bank? Unless you are trying to push to trigger "DD"?

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: November 17, 2016, 12:09:58 AM »
I think linking bank account and withdrawing is the only way to push. Why not pull from another bank? Unless you are trying to push to trigger "DD"?
Thanks.  ;)

Offline aarondeutsch95

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: December 05, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
Best way to load from Chase cards onto serve? Only loading card I currently have....

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: December 12, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »

I had BlueBird accounts and Serve in the old days.  Then I got an email that I "will no longer be able to add money to your Account" due to " unusual usage patterns".  I was  effectively shut down.  So I drifted away for this thread and all knowledge of loading.
My son had a Serve that has been lying dormant since my other accounts were shut down.  I'm going out of town (away from NY) and I want to load it up.  At Walmart with Visa GCs.  Should I load the max ( is it still 5K/ month with a max of 2.5K / day ? )? Will this put me at risk of being shut down, or have they stopped that?
If I work my way up and only load a little this month, etc, will that make me less of an Amex target?
Are they shutting people down any way and I should go to the max while I can?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yaf613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: December 12, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »

I had BlueBird accounts and Serve in the old days.  Then I got an email that I "will no longer be able to add money to your Account" due to " unusual usage patterns".  I was  effectively shut down.  So I drifted away for this thread and all knowledge of loading.
My son had a Serve that has been lying dormant since my other accounts were shut down.  I'm going out of town (away from NY) and I want to load it up.  At Walmart with Visa GCs.  Should I load the max ( is it still 5K/ month with a max of 2.5K / day ? )? Will this put me at risk of being shut down, or have they stopped that?
If I work my way up and only load a little this month, etc, will that make me less of an Amex target?
https://www.americanexpress.com/serve/help/#fees-and-limits-1

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #6907 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »

from my experiences they will shut you down for any loading so hit it hard while you can!

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: December 12, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »
from my experiences they will shut you down for any loading so hit it hard while you can!
That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks.
So I'll do 2.5K / day for 2 days and expect a shutdown.

Do Walmart machines still freeze up when they hit 2K in loading in a row?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline sam2015

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: December 18, 2016, 03:35:14 PM »
Just tried loading Serve by DG - the cashier tried entering $500 but the money got bounced off - before I could pay. The total was staying at zero. Anyone ever had this issue?

Offline yaf613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: December 18, 2016, 03:43:36 PM »
Just tried loading Serve by DG - the cashier tried entering $500 but the money got bounced off - before I could pay. The total was staying at zero. Anyone ever had this issue?
I'm not familier with DG, but Family Dollar has their limit $499.99 daily, it's not hard coded, meaning if you loaded $400, they will let you load another $200, but if you load $500 at once, the system will deny transaction, then you have to wait about 30 minutes for system to recover, you will not be able to load anything during these 30 minutes, maybe DG also has same policy, could be someone just tried loading more than their limit, so their system froze, so wait 30 minutes, then try again

Offline sam2015

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: December 18, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »
I'm not familier with DG, but Family Dollar has their limit $499.99 daily, it's not hard coded, meaning if you loaded $400, they will let you load another $200, but if you load $500 at once, the system will deny transaction, then you have to wait about 30 minutes for system to recover, you will not be able to load anything during these 30 minutes, maybe DG also has same policy, could be someone just tried loading more than their limit, so their system froze, so wait 30 minutes, then try again

Interesting. I usually have no issue when I load $500 by DG. I've also done $500 by FD - though not recently as the one near me does not allow DC anymore.

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »

i do plenty of $500 at FD

Offline aarondeutsch95

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: December 19, 2016, 11:24:49 PM »
Sorry to ask a basic question, I just want to get the basic process down.
Is the following correct?
1-Buy GC with card you want to spend on
2-Load in store onto a serve card
3-Transfer to bank

Sorry if this is basic just want to make sure

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: December 19, 2016, 11:29:07 PM »
Sorry to ask a basic question, I just want to get the basic process down.
Is the following correct?
1-Buy GC with card you want to spend on
2-Load in store onto a serve card
3-Transfer to bank

Sorry if this is basic just want to make sure
yes, though it can be more complicated

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: December 19, 2016, 11:35:43 PM »