Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1385526 times)

Offline IsraelGuy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Serve.com
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2013, 03:24:01 PM »
Well i thought I had outsmarted the system...that I was super cool  8)

I've had bluebird for a while and tried signing up for serve, and lo and behold it worked, even with the same SN! Just recently got my card and activated it. Went online to link my bank account. Said it couldn't be linked until Chegg deposited money (I signed up through some offer to get $25 credit upon $25 loading) and it said I could call in. I called, they transfer me to account protection services, verify some information, and then tell me I already have bluebird and can't have both. Why toy with my heart Amex and send me the card only to tell me after I can't use it  :'(

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2013, 04:32:19 PM »
Well i thought I had outsmarted the system...that I was super cool  8)

I've had bluebird for a while and tried signing up for serve, and lo and behold it worked, even with the same SN! Just recently got my card and activated it. Went online to link my bank account. Said it couldn't be linked until Chegg deposited money (I signed up through some offer to get $25 credit upon $25 loading) and it said I could call in. I called, they transfer me to account protection services, verify some information, and then tell me I already have bluebird and can't have both. Why toy with my heart Amex and send me the card only to tell me after I can't use it  :'(

So in theory if I don't have a promotion and don't have to call in, it should work.

Offline IsraelGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »
So in theory if I don't have a promotion and don't have to call in, it should work.

אולי

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2013, 11:56:35 AM »
@yehuda and ayman and others writing a page ago:

VR can be bought with cc.  Greendot moneypack cannot.  So with serve, which I don't have, I don't know how to fund using a cc.

With BB, a cc can buy a VR, a cc can buy a gift card/ debit card that can be loaded at WM.  So IF you have access to VR and/or WM, you can fund 5K a month w a cc.  AND it can be used to pay bills that don't take cc. (think tuition, mortgage/rent, gas co, other tzedodko...) or cashed out.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline D.B.

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2013, 10:06:18 PM »
Also, would there be any way to load the temp cards onto the registered card

I huca'd a bunch of times, and they will only let you transfer temp cards onto perm. Before you activate it.  After, the best they can do is consolidate the temps up to $200. Though I got one cs to do $300.  I got stuck with a bunch of $75 s from a failed Amex deal.

Offline wayfe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2013, 12:23:40 AM »
I huca'd a bunch of times, and they will only let you transfer temp cards onto perm. Before you activate it.  After, the best they can do is consolidate the temps up to $200. Though I got one cs to do $300.  I got stuck with a bunch of $75 s from a failed Amex deal.

Before you activate the temp card or the permanent card?

I was wondering if you can transfer from the temp (unregistered) card to the permanent (registered) card.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline BigDanFan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2013, 12:34:13 AM »
@yehuda and ayman and others writing a page ago:

VR can be bought with cc.  Greendot moneypack cannot.  So with serve, which I don't have, I don't know how to fund using a cc.
yes-I got serve when cvs had their free card promo
I'm keeping my eye out for other ways to use cc for loading it.. hopefully in the future there way for MoneyPack or something down the road..
(i agree that the 2BBs are top priority so i asked a friend to use his info for the serve )
#DDSCLE,#DDSLA, spg platinum 2016,

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »
Bought 3 temporary amex serve cards at 500 each with credit card(no fees through 12/31/13) at CVS.  Called serve last night to get refund and they confirmed they are sending a check to me for each temporary card :)

Offline BigDanFan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »
Bought 3 temporary amex serve cards at 500 each with credit card(no fees through 12/31/13) at CVS.  Called serve last night to get refund and they confirmed they are sending a check to me for each temporary card :)
good luck with that -
We had a check sent to us, as well, $500 and it go bounced out of the bank
for some reason, we had to cash it at a WM.... so much for trying a BB alternative.... 
#DDSCLE,#DDSLA, spg platinum 2016,

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2013, 09:44:50 PM »
good luck with that -
We had a check sent to us, as well, $500 and it go bounced out of the bank
for some reason, we had to cash it at a WM.... so much for trying a BB alternative....
check from amex bounced? Or bank didn't wanna deposit?
I just bought at cvs and I gotta see how to cash it. Was gonna use atm but when I tried to register online it said I have to wait for an email which I haven't got yet and I also have a a bb account. Bb account may be causing the problems....

Offline Azis Papa

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
Interesting.  If you don't mind, on what basis did you ask for a refund?

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »
Interesting.  If you don't mind, on what basis did you ask for a refund?

I originally was told by Serve rep that I could transfer funds from a temporary card to a permanent card but they later serve said no you cannot do that so I asked for a refund on my temporary cards.  I am not even sure they are even so makpid on why you want a refund. I am surprised more people did not use this method to manufacture spending for free ;) at least until 12/31/13 when the purchase price is waived

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
I originally was told by Serve rep that I could transfer funds from a temporary card to a permanent card but they later serve said no you cannot do that so I asked for a refund on my temporary cards.  I am not even sure they are even so makpid on why you want a refund. I am surprised more people did not use this method to manufacture spending for free ;) at least until 12/31/13 when the purchase price is waived
even if it has a purchase fee it can still be helpful. Hey VR ain't free

Offline dirah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »
Can these be bought online?

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »
check from amex bounced? Or bank didn't wanna deposit?
I just bought at cvs and I gotta see how to cash it. Was gonna use atm but when I tried to register online it said I have to wait for an email which I haven't got yet and I also have a a bb account. Bb account may be causing the problems....
called in the morning and lady in India wasn't helpful and said can't refund. Waited for a supervisor but had to hang up. Have to huca. Didn't get any email yet.
Lady did mention that I should close bb and my account is still processing.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
Can these be bought online?

dont think so

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2013, 12:40:40 PM »
called in the morning and lady in India wasn't helpful and said can't refund. Waited for a supervisor but had to hang up. Have to huca. Didn't get any email yet.
Lady did mention that I should close bb and my account is still processing.

dont say anything about bb account just tell them you have a temporary card and that you want a refund.  also I think it only works if you did not register the temporary card

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »
dont say anything about bb account just tell them you have a temporary card and that you want a refund.  also I think it only works if you did not register the temporary card
finally today after being transferred 2 times I got them to send me a check. Like I said I couldn't register the temp card. Guy said when I get the check I should call to close out the account so it shouldn't be on record. Even though it's a temp card.

Offline Mordy2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 29, 2013, 12:46:38 AM »
I also called and complained that the package was misleading and I want a refund (check). They placed me on hold, confirmed my address, and I should be getting a check in the mail!

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »
I also called and complained that the package was misleading and I want a refund (check). They placed me on hold, confirmed my address, and I should be getting a check in the mail!

received my checks in the mail for cancelled temporary cards ;D