Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1398954 times)

Offline WAM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Serve.com
« Reply #1100 on: August 11, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »
Any idea what the problem is?

Tried to load my account with my cc (used it yesterday to load $200 and went through) and got this;
Wow, that looks scary!

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »
Could it be because of previous transactions before the two $200 loads?
First line CSR will be able to give you background information before they pas you on to security department.

Offline Boruch999

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 12, 2014, 02:40:25 AM »
Could it be because of previous transactions before the two $200 loads?
First line CSR will be able to give you background information before they pas you on to security department.

I got a less scary message restricting account function.  My call was automatically routed to the security dept,  asked me to send then photo id and the fronts of the cards, and then cleared restrictions immediately.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 12, 2014, 02:44:52 AM »
I wonder if it's the same error, one for regular website and other for mobile app

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 12, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »
Any idea what the problem is?

Tried to load my account with my cc (used it yesterday to load $200 and went through) and got this;
Just called, was just a fraud alert, had to send in a copy of my ID and cc and now I'm good to go.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 12, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »
Just called, was just a fraud alert, had to send in a copy of my ID and cc and now I'm good to go.
Whew! What were these programmers thinking?!

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 12, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »
Upthread on one of these cards it stated that it is automatic procedure that on the second load you need to send in copies of Dr. license and CC. 

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 12, 2014, 06:54:47 PM »
Received my Serve card today and activated it. Now to load money onto this :)

Quick question: do I have to connect my card with FB/Twitter etc to load the offers or they will show up under the Settings on my Serve account (lust like regular AMEX cards)? I understand some offers dont show up on account and have to by synced through social platforms.  Right now, I only see the following under Offers on Serve's setting page:

"Get access to special offers, content and experiences from top brands on Facebook, Foursquare or Twitter."

Thanks.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 12, 2014, 07:04:45 PM »
Received my Serve card today and activated it. Now to load money onto this :)

Quick question: do I have to connect my card with FB/Twitter etc to load the offers or they will show up under the Settings on my Serve account (lust like regular AMEX cards)? I understand some offers dont show up on account and have to by synced through social platforms.  Right now, I only see the following under Offers on Serve's setting page:

"Get access to special offers, content and experiences from top brands on Facebook, Foursquare or Twitter."

Thanks.
You need to connect the card. The offers will not show up in your serve account.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1110 on: August 12, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
Upthread on one of these cards it stated that it is automatic procedure that on the second load you need to send in copies of Dr. license and CC.
I didn't - just had to call at the 2nd load, and confirm lots of personal info
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »
You need to connect the card. The offers will not show up in your serve account.

So, I need to connect with FB/Twitter etc for offers to show. It will not be like my AMEX where offers show up in my account, I just have to add them. I will need to find the hashtag or whatever way to sync. Do we have a thread here that lists all the offers for Serve cards?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn it all and be ready if a new offer shows up.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 13, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »
So, I need to connect with FB/Twitter etc for offers to show. It will not be like my AMEX where offers show up in my account, I just have to add them. I will need to find the hashtag or whatever way to sync. Do we have a thread here that lists all the offers for Serve cards?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn it all and be ready if a new offer shows up.
You can look here: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=11567.0
The deals on FB/Twitter are not specific to Serve or any other card. Dan also posts some on DDMS.

Offline dgordon

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Personal website *under construction*
« Reply #1113 on: August 13, 2014, 12:47:02 PM »
New to the forums here, trying to find answers. To be honest the layout is sub-par. I found the page that links to master threads, but that isn't necessarily helpful. This thread is 75 pages long, and it's hard to find my answer, and I've seen some conflicting information regarding GCs and Serve. It would be nice if there was one page that was kept updated and had all the information regarding serve in a nicely laid out fashion. Can't seem to find that.

Questions

1. Can one credit card be linked to two Serve accounts? What if the credit card number is the same, but name is different (basically a second card was issued for a spouse).

2. Loading Serve at Walmart - this has a much higher limit than Family Dollar. I've read that vanilla and one vanilla cards cannot be loaded at Walmart anymore. Is this still true?

3. If the above is true, then I would need to buy Visa gift cards like the ones at staples to load at Walmart - has anyone had success using the website GiftCardMall.com? They sell a $500 visa gift card (non-vanilla). Will buying these cards with an American Express card be an issue? I have heard of these purchases not counting as points - or worse, counting as a cash advance.

I also ran into a post by PointChaser. He talked about buying Amex Gift cards and unloading them via Amex for Target. How does that work? And he also mention Simon GCs.

If you want breakfast in bed: sleep in the kitchen

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

It would be nice if there was one page that was kept updated and had all the information regarding serve in a nicely laid out fashion. Can't seem to find that.

did you try the wiki?

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 13, 2014, 12:56:44 PM »
New to the forums here, trying to find answers. To be honest the layout is sub-par. I found the page that links to master threads, but that isn't necessarily helpful. This thread is 75 pages long, and it's hard to find my answer, and I've seen some conflicting information regarding GCs and Serve. It would be nice if there was one page that was kept updated and had all the information regarding serve in a nicely laid out fashion. Can't seem to find that.

Questions

1. Can one credit card be linked to two Serve accounts? What if the credit card number is the same, but name is different (basically a second card was issued for a spouse).

2. Loading Serve at Walmart - this has a much higher limit than Family Dollar. I've read that vanilla and one vanilla cards cannot be loaded at Walmart anymore. Is this still true?

3. If the above is true, then I would need to buy Visa gift cards like the ones at staples to load at Walmart - has anyone had success using the website GiftCardMall.com? They sell a $500 visa gift card (non-vanilla). Will buying these cards with an American Express card be an issue? I have heard of these purchases not counting as points - or worse, counting as a cash advance.

I also ran into a post by PointChaser. He talked about buying Amex Gift cards and unloading them via Amex for Target. How does that work? And he also mention Simon GCs.

There is a search feature.  Take some time to look around before you knock the layout.  Perhaps you can be forgiven for being unaware of the wiki, but you could've asked nicely.  The community here is very accommodating of questions who's answers are found upthread, as long as it's not in the wiki.

Welcome and good luck!

Offline ari2955

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 13, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »
In general, Serve will only allow you to link a card that you are the primary account holder of, and not just an additional user (although I think I did see 1 report of success, that was just 1 lucky guy).

Offline chamdena

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 13, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »

Questions

Couldnt agree more. B U T no one owes you anything; )

Try to get familiar... it will grow on you.  Then you can make meaningful contributions which will be welcomed by all!

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 13, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »
There is a search feature.  Take some time to look around before you knock the layout.  Perhaps you can be forgiven for being unaware of the wiki, but you could've asked nicely.  The community here is very accommodating of questions who's answers are found upthread, as long as it's not in the wiki.

Welcome and good luck!

Couldnt agree more. B U T no one owes you anything; )

Try to get familiar... it will grow on you.  Then you can make meaningful contributions which will be welcomed by all!
People, there's NO NEED to be harsh on a newbie, especially when he put in effort in his post AND asked very nicely,
You can always get a msg through in a nice way!

Offline chamdena

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 13, 2014, 02:42:34 PM »
You think what I wrote was harsh?