Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1397053 times)

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Serve.com
« Reply #1120 on: August 13, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
People, there's NO NEED to be harsh on a newbie, especially when he put in effort in his post AND asked very nicely,
You can always get a msg through in a nice way!
At least it was in the right thread... And he did research outside of DDF

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 13, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »
People, there's NO NEED to be harsh on a newbie, especially when he put in effort in his post AND asked very nicely,
You can always get a msg through in a nice way!

My apologies if I came across as too harsh. I am a n00b myself :)

Offline dgordon

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Personal website *under construction*
« Reply #1122 on: August 13, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »
I think some of you have taken your 'elite' status a bit too seriously. Way to be welcoming. I have read the wiki for both Serve and Bluebird/Vanilla. I understand you don't want noobies asking questions before doing research. I've done research, and I have some gaps in my knowledge. I didn't create a new topic, nor did I ask a general question that isn't already answered.

This was the opposite of a warm welcome guys. Thanks.

My first and third question are still unanswered. I know vanilla cannot be loaded onto Bluebird anymore. Is Serve included in that? What about the two websites I mention for buying gift cards? Any reason I should not use them?

The wikis talk about loading GCs onto bluebird at Walmart, but I havent found anything about loading GCs onto Serve at Walmart.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:45:45 PM by dgordon »
If you want breakfast in bed: sleep in the kitchen

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 13, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »
I have read the wiki for both Serve and Bluebird/Vanilla. I understand you don't want noobies asking questions before doing research.

My first and third question are still unanswered. I know vanilla cannot be loaded onto Bluebird anymore. Is Serve included in that? What about the two websites I mention for buying gift cards? Any reason I should not use them?

The wikis talk about loading GCs onto bluebird at Walmart, but I havent found anything about loading GCs onto Serve at Walmart.
serve is the same procedure at Wal-Mart as bluebird

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 13, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »
Anyone here used Serve to pay Wells Fargo Home Mortgage? How long does it usually take for the payment to post?

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
I think some of you have taken your 'elite' status a bit too seriously. Way to be welcoming. I have read the wiki for both Serve and Bluebird/Vanilla. I understand you don't want noobies asking questions before doing research. I've done research, and I have some gaps in my knowledge. I didn't create a new topic, nor did I ask a general question that isn't already answered.

This was the opposite of a warm welcome guys. Thanks.

Gift card mall definitely works at Walmart, though the fees are a bit high.

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 13, 2014, 04:52:49 PM »
1. Can one credit card be linked to two Serve accounts? What if the credit card number is the same, but name is different (basically a second card was issued for a spouse).
In general, Serve will only allow you to link a card that you are the primary account holder of, and not just an additional user (although I think I did see 1 report of success, that was just 1 lucky guy).
Based on that, unless you have two serve accounts under your name, the answer would appear to be no.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline dgordon

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Personal website *under construction*
« Reply #1127 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
Gift card mall definitely works at Walmart, though the fees are a bit high.

You're right. I didn't realize they charge extra for shipping. Is simon gift cards the best online option? I am trying to limit the number of store visits I have to do.
If you want breakfast in bed: sleep in the kitchen

Offline Talmid Muvhak

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 13, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »
Anyone here used Serve to pay Wells Fargo Home Mortgage? How long does it usually take for the payment to post?

I've used bluebird and it took about two days
וצדיק באמונתו יחיה

Offline Talmid Muvhak

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 13, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
You're right. I didn't realize they charge extra for shipping. Is simon gift cards the best online option? I am trying to limit the number of store visits I have to do.

staples is great for online, if you have ink cards
וצדיק באמונתו יחיה

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 13, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »
I've used bluebird and it took about two days
Thanks.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1131 on: August 13, 2014, 09:40:41 PM »
Based on that, unless you have two serve accounts under your name, the answer would appear to be no.
AU?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 13, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »
AU?
Some people have success adding AUs some don't.
I saw somewhere someone suggesting that it has to do weather there is a social connected to the AU but that seems unlikely.
Perhaps it has something to do with the type of AU if the card has its own number or the same as primary.

Offline Who

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 13, 2014, 11:48:54 PM »
Would Isis work on a tablet or only a smartphone?

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 14, 2014, 12:55:14 AM »
Would Isis work on a tablet or only a smartphone?
It needs a sim card and NFC

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 14, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »
It needs a sim card and NFC
Pretty sure it needs an NFC SIM card. AFAIK, a standard SIM card wouldn't work with ISIS, with the exception of the iPhones.

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 14, 2014, 08:38:56 AM »
Pretty sure it needs an NFC SIM card. AFAIK, a standard SIM card wouldn't work with ISIS, with the exception of the iPhones.
I know Verizon calls it a NFC SIM card, but theres really no such thing. Its a SIM card with a secure element and the phone needs NFC. The nfc capabilities are not in the SIM card.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 14, 2014, 08:43:12 AM »
In general, Serve will only allow you to link a card that you are the primary account holder of, and not just an additional user (although I think I did see 1 report of success, that was just 1 lucky guy).
-1. I had success with a CapitalOne biz AU which has a different number. However, I don't think it has anything to do with that, as @Super Speed reported above, if you send in a pic of the AU CC, they'll verify it just fine.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1138 on: August 14, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »

-1. I had success with a CapitalOne biz AU which has a different number. However, I don't think it has anything to do with that, as @Super Speed reported above, if you send in a pic of the AU CC, they'll verify it just fine.
Correct, I've done it multiple times, as have many family members.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 14, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »
I know Verizon calls it a NFC SIM card, but theres really no such thing. Its a SIM card with a secure element and the phone needs NFC. The nfc capabilities are not in the SIM card.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm well aware that the phone needs NFC (which is why the iPhones won't work by themselves). I was speculating that one would need an "NFC SIM" as well.