Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1235425 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #1200 on: August 30, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
I was told you need 250K in chase to be CPC
Discussed upthread

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 30, 2016, 10:08:11 AM »
Ive heard some people say less, as long as you opened your accounts with a banker and developed a relationship with the banker.
How can i know if im cpc?
If you had it, you'd likely know. That being said; look on the top of the page on your chase login, or the login page on the mobile app.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 30, 2016, 10:09:48 AM »
If you had it, you'd likely know. That being said; look on the top of the page on your chase login, or the login page on the mobile app.
guess i am. thats the banner when i log in

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 30, 2016, 10:13:12 AM »
guess i am. thats the banner when i log in
yup

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 30, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
if I got approved for 5 cards in the last 24 month by Oct it will be 4 ? and I just got Added to a AU will that count as a new account ?
if I take it off will it still count ?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 30, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »
if I got approved for 5 cards in the last 24 month by Oct it will be 4 ? and I just got Added to a AU will that count as a new account ?
if I take it off will it still count ?
If an au is on your report it counts. If they remove it then it doesn't count.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 30, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »
My experience (in short). Maybe it will help someone.

I opened 3 Chase, 1 Chase AU, and (supposedly, see below) 1 Barclay in last 24 months.

Applied for Reserve, got denied.

Called Recon. Rep was incredibly brusque. Didn't even say hello etc. just "let me check the status etc." - put on hold - "denied, too many cards opened in the last 24 months. Is there anything else I can help you with?".

HUCA'd recon. Next rep was rude "didn't you already speak to a colleague about this already?". Couldn't budge him, even by explaining that 1 of the 5 was AU.

HUCA'd recon. Rep asked me how I use the AU card. I innocently replied that I use it and then "we" (my wife and I) pay the bill. She pounced on that "so, you're telling me you are responsible to pay the bill of the AU, and therefore it counts as 5/24".

HUCA'd recon. Rep said no way to approve due to 5/24. I tried explaining that 1 was AU. She replied "your account was already noted by a previous rep that you are responsible for the AU". Ouch. I then asked her what the 5 were. She told me 3 Chase, 1 Chase AU, and 1 Barclay. I honestly couldn't recall any Barclay so I tried getting that discounted. She said you need to dispute with Experian.

Called Experian about the Barclay. They said the account was open and in good standing. I'm absolutely sure that I have no open Barclay account, even if I may have possibly opened one in the last 24 months (which I don't think I did). Seeing something was clearly wrong, I disputed the Barclay. They said can take up to 30 days, then 7 days to contact me.

I wasn't happy since after 30 days I would need to re-apply with Chase.

HUCA'd Chase recon. Told them I disputed the Barclay but it may take too long. The conversation was pleasant and rep was nice. After trying different ideas the rep suggested getting removed as AU. I got her to say point-blank that if removed I'd be approved and had her put those words in the notes.

Called Chase CS to get removed as AU. Rep thankfully mentioned to call Experian too, otherwise it would still show on my credit report.

Called Experian. Had AU removed.

HUCA'd recon. Asked rep to read notes of previous rep that if removed as AU I'd be approved. Rep read notes, put me on hold, asked questions, hold again, asked questions.....

Approved.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:44:02 AM by ae123 »

Offline Hamavin

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 30, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »
If not pre-approved or cpc is there any point of going into branch or online the same?

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 30, 2016, 10:47:03 AM »
Well, lucky is not a Rayeh.....

There were multiple reports here and on other places, people being CPC and if/when they were denied, the CPC banker calling hit a brick wall. Much more reports of it not helping than helping.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1209 on: August 30, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »
If an au is on your report it counts. If they remove it then it doesn't count.
If you tell them you're not responsible for the AU many reps will ignore them.

HUCA'd recon. Asked rep to read notes of previous rep that if removed as AU I'd be approved. Rep read notes, put me on hold, asked questions, hold again, asked questions.....

Approved.
Awesome.

If not pre-approved or cpc is there any point of going into branch or online the same?
Same.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1210 on: August 30, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »
Well, lucky is not a Rayeh.....

There were multiple reports here and on other places, people being CPC and if/when they were denied, the CPC banker calling hit a brick wall. Much more reports of it not helping than helping.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Lots of reports of Recon reps only working with the person because they're CPC.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline emjee

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 30, 2016, 10:56:12 AM »
Guys, listen up, I still haven't seen any real data that CPC does anything. Many people have reported getting approved instantly online and in branch while being over 5/24 without CPC.

Now if someone would come with a story that he was over 5/24 and was declined for that reason and his banker overturned the decision because of his PC status that would be data.  Until then I don't wanna hear any talk about CPC.
I was rejected . Talked to supervisor in lending services . She deliberately told me that " she won't approve my app bc of being way over 5/24 . However if I would become CPC then the rile doesn't apply and would be approved" .
End of story . That good enough for you?

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 30, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »
I was rejected . Talked to supervisor in lending services . She deliberately told me that " she won't approve my app bc of being way over 5/24 . However if I would become CPC then the rile doesn't apply and would be approved" .

were actually able to make it happen? otherwise DROPR

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 30, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
What exactly can I say to reps when they tell me there is nothing to do bc im way over 5/24? Ive tried several times and spoke to a few supervisors. The only thing one rep told me is that I can get my Chase sapphire possibly upgraded but I wouldnt get 100k bonus. Is there any point in that?

Online B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 30, 2016, 11:41:50 AM »
What exactly can I say to reps when they tell me there is nothing to do bc im way over 5/24? Ive tried several times and spoke to a few supervisors. The only thing one rep told me is that I can get my Chase sapphire possibly upgraded but I wouldnt get 100k bonus. Is there any point in that?
You get the lounge pass, $300 x2 etc..

Offline keemster26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: August 30, 2016, 11:43:23 AM »
In my opinion there's no point of upgrading the card right now

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 30, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
Make it happen. I would love you to prove me wrong.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline sillypainter

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 30, 2016, 11:48:46 AM »
Funny how they asked me why I have so many Amex accounts open with Amex, took me as to realize that it's the SBS cards.

Offline emjee

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 30, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
were actually able to make it happen? otherwise DROPR
Will update when it does

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 30, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »
seems they are approving higher then normal credit limits. instant approval with $34k most of my chase cards have $10k or $15k

Anyone else see this?