Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1269743 times)

Offline teenguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #2380 on: November 16, 2016, 02:31:44 PM »
Sorry wrong place.. yes it was for preferred.. and I got my answer.. guess from whom.. Chase.. I post a question here and I got a mail from Chase stating the details of the referral.. lol..

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: November 16, 2016, 02:37:53 PM »
Sorry wrong place.. yes it was for preferred.. and I got my answer.. guess from whom.. Chase.. I post a question here and I got a mail from Chase stating the details of the referral.. lol..
chase just sent out a mass emailing, just got it too!
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline maylei

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 16, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »
chase just sent out a mass emailing, just got it too!
What does the email say?

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 16, 2016, 02:40:35 PM »
wow, i am added as AU on wife's CSR for about  2 months now and still she is not charged $75 AU fee.

Happened to anyone?

and since I am AU and have a card in my name  though same numbers as her card, can she book car rental for  me with points and I get primary coverage?

Offline maylei

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 16, 2016, 02:43:47 PM »
wow, i am added as AU on wife's CSR for about  2 months now and still she is not charged $75 AU fee.

Happened to anyone?

and since I am AU and have a card in my name  though same numbers as her card, can she book car rental for  me with points and I get primary coverage?

Thats very interesting I'd this by anyone else bec them I'll get my wife to be an AU on my account

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: November 16, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »
What does the email say?
INVITE FRIENDS TO EXPERIENCE CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED® …
Earn up to 50,000 bonus points per year
Get 10,000 bonus points for each friend who gets the card.
Let your friends experience the exceptional rewards and service you enjoy by recommending Sapphire PreferredSM.
Invite Friends Now

Here's how it works:
1.   INVITE YOUR FRIENDS.
2.   SHARE THE REWARDS.
Each friend will receive an offer for 50,000 bonus points after they spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
3.   REWARD YOURSELF.
Receive up to 50,000 bonus points. You'll get 10,000 bonus points for each friend – who gets the card. 50,000 points is the most you can earn for all Chase Sapphire Preferred referrals per year.
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: November 16, 2016, 02:46:18 PM »

Happened to anyone?

Someone already told you to call and ask, did you?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 16, 2016, 02:47:37 PM »
Thats very interesting I'd this by anyone else bec them I'll get my wife to be an AU on my account
Don't rely on it, sometimes they may forget to charge but it doesn't happen often.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 16, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
Mine didnt get approved due to 5/24 rule but I was able to add as AU on wife's card in Oct. The card info is same  except my name on it. I really don't want to pay $75 AU.

Can AU get primary coverage benefit on car rental booked? My Chase account doesn't show CSP though.  Can she book car rental for me from her CSR account?
If I can't then, i will just have to use my Ritz card but will have to pay in full with the card. We really wanted to use our Chase points.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 16, 2016, 02:52:11 PM »
Someone already told you to call and ask, did you?

That advice was too good so I didn't call! hey chase rep, i am not charged $75 fee yet, what can you do?   regarding rental booked with points, the reps had conflicting answers.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: November 16, 2016, 02:54:58 PM »
Mine didnt get approved due to 5/24 rule but I was able to add as AU on wife's card in Oct. The card info is same  except my name on it. I really don't want to pay $75 AU.

Can AU get primary coverage benefit on car rental booked? My Chase account doesn't show CSP though.  Can she book car rental for me from her CSR account?
If I can't then, i will just have to use my Ritz card but will have to pay in full with the card. We really wanted to use our Chase points.
Can you please stop asking the same thing over and over again? It should cover it but why can't you just call and ask chase like someone already told you to do, asking again and again isn't going to change the fact that either nobody knows or doesn't want to answer you.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 16, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »
That advice was too good so I didn't call! hey chase rep, i am not charged $75 fee yet, what can you do?   regarding rental booked with points, the reps had conflicting answers.
Nobody meant for you to call about the AF, that won't have any relevance to whether or not it will cover the insurance. If they didn't charge you by now they probably won't but they can always come back and charge you layer so don't rely on never having to pay it.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 16, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »
Nobody meant for you to call about the AF, that won't have any relevance to whether or not it will cover the insurance. If they didn't charge you by now they probably won't but they can always come back and charge you layer so don't rely on never having to pay it.
those were my 2 questions or comments, if any DDers got charged $75 AU fee and when and  primary coverage with CSR points.
Don't call rule on first 1.
Chase reps tell me to look at the "guide to benefit'. I read and no where it mentions any coverage with points rental. If Chase has ever  officially said points rental would get you primary coverage, I am interested to look at it but I find none except for some bloggers saying yes with no source.

Offline HBERG

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 16, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »
My cars came as a plastic on and just recently got the real one anyone know if the can both be used (as additional card holder)

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: November 16, 2016, 04:48:48 PM »
My cars came as a plastic on and just recently got the real one anyone know if the can both be used (as additional card holder)
Yes

Offline HBERG

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 16, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: November 17, 2016, 01:58:28 PM »
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/sapphirereserve/travel  read the micro-print #3
i think this should be publicized bec it can save hundreds of people hundreds of dollars! THE $300 CSR TRAVEL STATEMENT CREDIT IS NOT UNTIL DEC 31!!! IT IS UNTIL YOUR LAST DEC STATEMENT WHICH CAN BE DEC 1!!!! (follow the link above for details)
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #2397 on: November 17, 2016, 02:06:23 PM »
i think this should be publicized bec it can save hundreds of people hundreds of dollars! THE $300 CSR TRAVEL STATEMENT CREDIT IS NOT UNTIL DEC 31!!! IT IS UNTIL YOUR LAST DEC STATEMENT WHICH CAN BE DEC 1!!!! (follow the link above for details)

seriously ??

says per calendar year.

“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline sag95

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 17, 2016, 02:13:24 PM »
seriously ??

says per calendar year.
Yup, that's how it's calculated on this card (Unlike other cards including chase).

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 17, 2016, 05:21:10 PM »
Yup, that's how it's calculated on this card (Unlike other cards including chase).
like citi prestige