Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1269052 times)

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #5680 on: February 16, 2023, 10:20:06 PM »
Got a bill for purchases in Israel.
The exchange rate is given at ~2.94.
In reality it was more like 3.4.
Any idea what's going on?

You're probably confusing ILS -> USD rate with USD -> ILS and a decimal place. The shekel is approx 0.294 dollars. The dollar is approx 3.4 shekels.

Offline ae123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: February 16, 2023, 10:46:42 PM »
You're probably confusing ILS -> USD rate with USD -> ILS and a decimal place. The shekel is approx 0.294 dollars. The dollar is approx 3.4 shekels.
I believe you're right.
Thank you.

Offline menotyou

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: February 26, 2023, 10:59:48 PM »
Any signup bonus in pipeline greater than 60k? Finally got past 48 months but don’t want to waste it on a regular signup

Offline menotyou

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: March 26, 2023, 10:28:12 AM »

Does anyone have any experience with this? I don’t see my grocery available for Pyb although the charge posted?

Offline menotyou

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: March 28, 2023, 09:56:10 AM »
It’s official! Extended grocery and gas 1.25 through June

Online TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #5685 on: March 31, 2023, 11:52:44 AM »
Do Au's get their own Instacart credit?

Also is there anyway to link two CSRs to one DoorDash account and get double the credit?

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline ShimshonK

• View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: April 02, 2023, 02:20:19 PM »
Anyone receive the adjustment for the 50% annual fee redemption (https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/chase-will-honor-sapphire-reserve-50-bonus-annual-fee-tomorrow/)?
It's April 2nd and I didn't, along with others in the comment section there.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5687 on: April 02, 2023, 02:21:58 PM »
Anyone receive the adjustment for the 50% annual fee redemption (https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/chase-will-honor-sapphire-reserve-50-bonus-annual-fee-tomorrow/)?
Have you sent an SM or called Chase?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ShimshonK

• View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: April 02, 2023, 02:25:25 PM »
Have you sent an SM or called Chase?
Others have, I have not yet, will do now and will report back.

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: April 09, 2023, 11:54:04 AM »
Do Au's get their own Instacart credit?

I don't know for sure but I'd be surprised if they did. Here are the terms I was able to find:

8Statement Credits on Instacart Purchases: Earn up to $15 per calendar quarter (for Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire cardmembers) in statement credits on qualifying Instacart purchases from 8/1/2022 through 7/31/2024 when you activate a complimentary Chase Instacart+ membership on Instacart.com/Chase with your eligible Chase credit card. Calendar quarters are Jan – March, April – June, July – September, October – December, and the partial calendar quarters at the beginning and end of the promotional period. You can check the status of your enrollment in the Chase benefit within the Instacart+ section of the Instacart mobile app. You will continue to receive statement credit benefits regardless of whether you choose to renew your Instacart+ membership at the end of your complimentary period. Qualifying Instacart purchases include only those orders purchased by you, or an authorized user, with a Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire credit card through Instacart.com or the Instacart mobile application (gift cards excluded). Statement credit(s) will post to your account within 48 hours of your qualifying Instacart purchase posting to your account and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Statement credits will be issued for the calendar quarter in which the transaction posts to your account. For example, if you pay for an Instacart order, but Instacart does not post the transaction until after the current quarter ends, the cost of the Instacart purchase will be allocated towards the next quarter’s maximum, or will not qualify if the promotional period has ended. If you change to another Chase credit card during the promotional period, your benefits may change. Mobile applications, websites and other information provided by Instacart are not within Chase’s control and may or may not be available in Spanish. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or the failure to provide, Instacart benefits and services. Accounts must be open and not in default at the time the statement credit posts to your account.

Offline ShimshonK

• View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: April 14, 2023, 05:51:49 AM »
Turns out I was wrong, it was on the February statement. What confused me was that it is completely missing from the Ultimate Rewards transaction detail, left out there entirely. Wonder if the other reports were the same issue.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5691 on: April 14, 2023, 09:47:44 AM »
Turns out I was wrong, it was on the February statement. What confused me was that it is completely missing from the Ultimate Rewards transaction detail, left out there entirely. Wonder if the other reports were the same issue.
Post a comment there.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EY

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Capital One Venture
« Reply #5692 on: April 23, 2023, 09:46:09 AM »
If my main goal in using cc is to use miles to fly from TLV to NYC what would you recommend between the Reserve and Venture? Venture earns 2 points/$. Does that make it the winner?

Offline Yaakov7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Capital One Venture
« Reply #5693 on: April 23, 2023, 09:53:47 PM »
If my main goal in using cc is to use miles to fly from TLV to NYC what would you recommend between the Reserve and Venture? Venture earns 2 points/$. Does that make it the winner?
Venture, first of all the 400 dollar annual fee is subsidized by the 300 dollar travel credit, 10k annual points, global entry credit as well and priority pass and plaza premium lounges ect. Second, they have all the transfer partners you need for the israel flights
כל מקום שאני הולך, אני הולך לארץ ישראל

Offline EY

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: April 25, 2023, 12:42:26 PM »

Second, they have all the transfer partners you need for the israel flights
Do you mean the booking experience is as good as Chase or is it better? (Flexibility and options in booking and changing flights.)
And also isn't the two points per dollar a huge advantage of the Venture over the 1.5 of the Reserve? 

Offline Yaakov7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: April 25, 2023, 03:46:27 PM »
Do you mean the booking experience is as good as Chase or is it better? (Flexibility and options in booking and changing flights.)
And also isn't the two points per dollar a huge advantage of the Venture over the 1.5 of the Reserve?
capital one pretty much has all the transfer options to get to israel. Also you don’t get 1.5 points for the reserve u get minimum 1 point per dollar spent but the venture gives u minimum 2 points per dollar spent, also if you do plan on paying cash for your travel, cap one has a great travel portal which gets u 5 points per dollar spent on flights and they price match for you if u call
כל מקום שאני הולך, אני הולך לארץ ישראל

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: April 25, 2023, 06:02:56 PM »
1) Earning:
Venture - 2ppd
Sapphire - 1 ppd

2) Transfer points to airline miles:
Venture - "has all the transfer partners you need for the israel flights"
Chase - Has many partners

3) using points to travel:
Venture - IDK what options Cap1 has
Sapphire - a) you can transfer UR points to airlines and hotels, as in #2 above.
                b) Sapphire Reserve points are worth 1.5 cents each when booking travel through the Chase portal. So if you can't find a worthwhile mileage ticket, you can pay 'cash' for the ticket  using points at a value of 1.5 cents each.

I think EY and Yaakov7 were confusing #2 and #3.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: April 26, 2023, 02:09:39 PM »
I currently have a Sapphire Preferred. I have several hundred thousand Chase UR. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Reserve so I get the 1.5 value per point. Would I immediately get the 1.5 cent per point value? And would that also apply to the points I already have that were earned prior to the upgrade? Thx

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: April 26, 2023, 03:33:47 PM »
I currently have a Sapphire Preferred. I have several hundred thousand Chase UR. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Reserve so I get the 1.5 value per point. Would I immediately get the 1.5 cent per point value? And would that also apply to the points I already have that were earned prior to the upgrade? Thx
Yes x 2.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: April 26, 2023, 04:50:59 PM »
Yes x 2.

Thank you. Enjoy your trip! Does an upgrade require a credit pull? I think not, just confirming....