Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1243073 times)

Offline emjee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2016, 11:17:33 AM »

1)There is simply no way AmEx can afford to keep its Platinum card at 1x across the board. 
2)They'll simply have to adapt that card to stay (become?) competitive.
1) yes they can . They're amex .
2) they have multiple point categories and deals . They're rewards system simply works differently .
They'll be fine even if they don't change a thing

Offline SrulyS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »
Any ideas on what the minimum credit limit will be?
$5,000?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »
Probably 8 or 10 I'd guess.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
Probably 8 or 10 I'd guess.

If Chase gave me a $31K limit last time is it likely that I'm at the limit with them (Currently 3 cards with a combined $33k limit)?
I want to cancel a BA with a $6k limit and I am trying to maximize my chances at an auto approval.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »
2) they have multiple point categories and deals . They're rewards system simply works differently .

"Yes they can, they're AmEx" is a line that may have worked in the 90s. It's 2016 and Chase and (to a lesser extent but true in recent times) Citi have been eating AmEx's lunch.

The only advantage the Platinum card has at this point is that it's a charge card--I assume, unfortunately, that the Reserve will be a credit card--and therefore huge spender can still drop a million bucks a week on a Plat without blinking.

That said, it'd be interesting to know if there is more revenue from the number of people who spend 25K/mo or less than who spend $1MM/mo or more.

If AmEx wants to compete with the Prestiges and the Reserves, it can't rest on "because we're AmEx" -- unless AmEx can buy a DeLorean DMC-12.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:11:56 PM by AJK »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »
If Chase gave me a $31K limit last time is it likely that I'm at the limit with them (Currently 3 cards with a combined $33k limit)?
I want to cancel a BA with a $6k limit and I am trying to maxamize my chances at an auto approval.
What's ur income?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2016, 12:09:34 PM »
I want to cancel a BA with a $6k limit and I am trying to maxamize my chances at an auto approval.

I'll answer your question if you tell me if it's likely I'll get approved for my next Chase card.

Hint: you have no idea, just as no one can have an idea as to the likelihood of you being approved without credit, income, and personal info.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »

They've had that "we're Amex" attitude for a long time and they are most certainly not fine anymore.

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2016, 12:11:42 PM »
What's ur income?
I think I used around $140,000 on the last Chase apps and I guess I would do the same now.
(Household income, I wish that was my income :P)

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2016, 12:15:19 PM »
I think I used around $140,000 on the last Chase apps and I guess I would do the same now.
(Household income, I wish that was my income :P)
And credit line across all cards?

Online Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »
"Yes they can, they're AmEx" is a line that may have worked in the 90s. It's 2016 and Chase and (to a lesser extent but true in recent times) Citi have been eating AmEx's lunch.

The only advantage the Platinum card has at this point is that it's a charge card--I assume, unfortunately, that the Reserve will be a credit card--and therefore huge spender can still drop a million bucks a week on a Plat without blinking.

That said, it'd be interesting to know if there is more revenue from the number of people who spend 25K/mo or less than who spend $1MM/mo or more.

If AmEx wants to compete with the Prestiges and the Reserves, it can't rest on "because we're AmEx" -- unless AmEx can buy a DeLorean DMC-12.

Come on, someone who is dropping 1m/month is likely using amex black.

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »
And credit line across all cards?
3 Chase cards $33,000
2 Non Chase     $7,000
(I'm willing to cancel my BA with $6,000 limit)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2016, 12:23:08 PM »
Do the AU's also get the $300 travel credit? If so, you're getting paid to have this card..

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2016, 12:24:38 PM »
Come on, someone who is dropping 1m/month is likely using amex black.
Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean you're a fool.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2016, 12:25:24 PM »
Do the AU's also get the $300 travel credit? If so, you're getting paid to have this card..

No.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »

Only?
The Platinum lounge network outclasses the Reserve's by a large margin.
For spending in most categories the Freedom Unlimited or Everyday Preferred is still the way to go.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »
No.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2016, 12:29:14 PM »
No.
Any known way to get credit for the traveling like PGGM?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »
Any known way to get credit for the traveling like PGGM?
Nobody has the card yet.

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2016, 12:31:24 PM »
3 Chase cards $33,000
2 Non Chase     $7,000
(I'm willing to cancel my BA with $6,000 limit)
Income-cl ratio sounds like ur good (40%) but obv no one can tell u if ur getting instantly approved