Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1262117 times)

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #900 on: August 25, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »
EX (TU)
Why (TU)? Sometimes they pull both?

Offline smiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline doctorofcredit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Doctor of Credit
« Reply #902 on: August 25, 2016, 10:25:33 PM »
Which agency are they pulling reports from for Maryland, anybody know?

Equifax is most common, but reports of them pulling all three (not at once).

Does mileage plus x purchase count toward travel spending redemption to get at 1.5 cpp?

No, only amex codes it as travel.

why i should do it? not planing to travel anywhere till december so what else can i do with it? (any pggm? ;))

Be creative, any travel purchase will work so I'm sure you can think of something.
Like my posts? Check out my blog Doctor of Credit.

Offline SrulyS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 25, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »
No. Each CB is different. I believe Experian can take up to 30 days.
I believe mine took much less but I won't be able to check for a few days.

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 25, 2016, 11:32:42 PM »
So to be clear, I don't have to actually remove myself as AU? Just call CB and remove from report?

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 26, 2016, 12:06:04 AM »
If the only accounts where I am an AU are Chase accounts, will that help me because they will see within their own systems, that they aren't my card?

Offline smiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 26, 2016, 12:18:21 AM »
So to be clear, I don't have to actually remove myself as AU? Just call CB and remove from report?
Correct.

Offline smiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 26, 2016, 12:20:04 AM »
If the only accounts where I am an AU are Chase accounts, will that help me because they will see within their own systems, that they aren't my card?
Not necessarily. The rep that I spoke to knew they were Chase cards and that I was just an AU. She was arguing the point that I have just as much access to the credit line.

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 26, 2016, 12:32:49 AM »
Recon can see if you are an AU even on non Chase accounts. If you are under 5/24 besides for AU accounts ask them to check how many are yours and how many are AU.

If you are referring to instant approval CMIIW they will still count even if they are from Chase.

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 26, 2016, 12:40:03 AM »
Not necessarily. The rep that I spoke to knew they were Chase cards and that I was just an AU. She was arguing the point that I have just as much access to the credit line.
If the denial was for 5/24 then your total credit has nothing to do with it and they shouldn't use that argument. (If you are at your maximum total CL they should allow you to shift CL to get approved.)

Offline smiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 26, 2016, 12:43:34 AM »
If the denial was for 5/24 then your total credit has nothing to do with it and they shouldn't use that argument. (If you are at your maximum total CL they should allow you to shift CL to get approved.)
The point is that she was claiming AU's are counted as part of 5/24 since essentially you have power over that credit line. Nothing to do with my personal credit limit.

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 26, 2016, 12:48:22 AM »
The point is that she was claiming AU's are counted as part of 5/24 since essentially you have power over that credit line. Nothing to do with my personal credit limit.
Aha.
Is this common? I thought most reps will accept AU accounts.

(My problem was that the rep claimed that my Amex AU accounts were individual accounts although when I looked at my report months later they showed up as AU)

Offline smiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 26, 2016, 12:55:31 AM »
Aha.
Is this common? I thought most reps will accept AU accounts.

(My problem was that the rep claimed that my Amex AU accounts were individual accounts although when I looked at my report months later they showed up as AU)
I have no idea. It seems to be YMMV, each rep interprets the rules according to his understanding. She was being very stubborn that if I am able to swipe a card, I should be accountable for it, i.e. should be on my credit report. Doesn't matter who actually pays the bills.

She did however let me go when I offered to transfer credit from an existing card. She just dropped her argument and focused on shifting credit. It was very odd. I dunno what prompted the change of heart but I'm thankful 8)

Offline tanipollak

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 26, 2016, 01:04:18 AM »
I decided to go into a chase bank. First time going in and asked if I was pre-approved for reserve and she seemed like she was a newbie. She told me yes I was pre-approved and then she had to call cc dept as I asked to downgrade sapphire preffered to unlimited but they told her I can only downgrade to regular sapphire. I told her to submit the application and then she told me the 7-10 day shpiel and I'll get a letter in the email saying the result.!! I then signed and got the disclosure of credit card.

If I applied online and got pending application 7-10 days and then 2 days later went into branch and she said I was pre approved and I got the same result then what is going to happen? Any chance the in person one at bank gets approved?

Offline rochk123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 26, 2016, 06:05:12 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what the whole hype is about this card? I get that its really cool because of all the  100,000 points sign up offer, the free lounges, 1.5% etc... but it still has an annual fee or $450! So after the first year if you don't use it so often your still getting paying $150 ( $300 back for traveling)  for the card?
Are people plan on getting the benefits and then canceling after the first year or two?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 26, 2016, 06:44:05 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what the whole hype is about this card? I get that its really cool because of all the  100,000 points sign up offer, the free lounges, 1.5% etc... but it still has an annual fee or $450! So after the first year if you don't use it so often your still getting paying $150 ( $300 back for traveling)  for the card?
Are people plan on getting the benefits and then canceling after the first year or two?
You can get two 300 credits in the first year.

Remember what type of forum this is. They would buy/sell/trade their own mother for the right amount of points. I mean that in the nicest way.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 26, 2016, 07:08:03 AM »
You can get two 300 credits in the first year.

Remember what type of forum this is. They would buy/sell/trade their own mother for the right amount of points. I mean that in the nicest way.  :)

Work hard, Play harder!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #917 on: August 26, 2016, 07:13:53 AM »
$55 more than a Sapphire Preferred gets you lounge access, 1.5 cpm, and 3x. No brainer for that.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 26, 2016, 09:50:27 AM »
Late to the party and wiki is contradictory. 5/24 is YMMV? Are all the shticks people doing in advance actually helpful? (Pre-approved, Private Client, closing accounts, etc.)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 26, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »
Late to the party and wiki is contradictory. 5/24 is YMMV? Are all the shticks people doing in advance actually helpful? (Pre-approved, Private Client, closing accounts, etc.)
Branch pre-approved seems best chance if over 5/24. Then Private Client.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(