Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1242550 times)

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #1000 on: August 28, 2016, 01:22:43 AM »
Also, the rep was very nice. He said it wasn't public information but there may be some changes to 5/24 next month. No idea how legit that is, but it is what he told me.
כפרות על כפרה

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 28, 2016, 01:28:04 AM »
Also, the rep was very nice. He said it wasn't public information but there may be some changes to 5/24 next month. No idea how legit that is, but it is what he told me.
For the better or the worse?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 28, 2016, 01:28:16 AM »

that was my thought

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 28, 2016, 01:29:11 AM »
that was my thought
It can't get worse

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 28, 2016, 01:29:25 AM »
how much worse do you think they're willing to make it? They can't preclude the entire world from getting chase cards.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1005 on: August 28, 2016, 01:29:58 AM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 28, 2016, 01:32:10 AM »
It can't get worse
Lol. He was saying better. Since SO credit perfect, and long history with chase. Yet unable to approve. Next month this rule may be change to approve customers like yourself, but for now nothing I can do.

I am a bit late so going thru this thread now, but if anyone can give any data points of people being either instant or recon approved while over 5/24 (excluding AU, etc). LMK. I just counted yesterday and I am 11/24...

ETA: with no CPC...
כפרות על כפרה

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 28, 2016, 01:32:25 AM »
how much worse do you think they're willing to make it? They can't preclude the entire world from getting chase cards.
If there exist any "workarounds" to 5/24, then by definition it can get worse.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 28, 2016, 01:39:13 AM »
If there exist any "workarounds" to 5/24, then by definition it can get worse.
Point taken.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 28, 2016, 06:22:44 AM »
SO applied online got app pending. Immediately recon'd and got instant rejection for 5/24. HUCA'd , spoke to a nice rep, mentioned AU's , but rep said still over 5/24. We live in Israel and don't have CPC, both excellent credit.

- has anyone had success being over 5/24 with phone recon - no branch recon?

- I am also way over 5/24.... any point of applying or will I just automatically be rejected as well? Should I try to recon immediately if I get pending? I read on some blogs to wait it out to see if app could be auto-approved after pending review message..

If your SO is over 5/24 because of AUs, I would definitely HUCA. Chase seems to be more lax with AUs lately, but you have to go through recon.

There's been data points of people over 5/24 being approved via phone recon but there's probably some information we don't have as to what increases the likelihood. More approvals have come about by going into the branch after online denial. I know that's not an option for you. 

Last question is more a personal choice. Do you care about an inquiry if denied? Are you planning on applying for a different Chase card if denied like Hyatt, IHG, etc?

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 28, 2016, 07:14:53 AM »
5/24 really exists ?
I opened up 4 cards in the past 2 weeks.
Got denied for all of them. I called up and got approved for 3 of them. Sometimes it takes a few phone calls but if your nice to the rep and say the benefits that u need from the card and ask them to move credit line. I don't see why anyone can't get approved
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 28, 2016, 07:17:20 AM »
5/24 really exists ?
Got denied for all of them. I called up and got approved for 3 of them. Sometimes it takes a few phone calls but if your nice to the rep and say the benefits that u need from the card and ask them to move credit line. I don't see why anyone can't get approved
Which 3 were you approved for ?

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 28, 2016, 07:30:02 AM »
Southwest marriott and csr

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 28, 2016, 08:18:40 AM »
Southwest marriott and csr
And how many new cards have u had in last 24?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 28, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »

If your SO is over 5/24 because of AUs, I would definitely HUCA. Chase seems to be more lax with AUs lately, but you have to go through recon.

There's been data points of people over 5/24 being approved via phone recon but there's probably some information we don't have as to what increases the likelihood. More approvals have come about by going into the branch after online denial. I know that's not an option for you. 

Last question is more a personal choice. Do you care about an inquiry if denied? Are you planning on applying for a different Chase card if denied like Hyatt, IHG, etc?

Thanks for reply. Over 5/24 on individual accounts (not b.c. of AU). Only option for us is phone recon as u said..  but if ppl are getting approved via phone recon without CPC or anything else special this is good to know...

What do you mean care about inquiry if denied? We believe the CSR trumps all other cards / offers and we can stay busy with spend thresholds for at least a few months on it.... I would ideally like to open CSR for me, SO , both parents and my brother. :)
כפרות על כפרה

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 28, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »

Thanks for reply. Over 5/24 on individual accounts (not b.c. of AU). Only option for us is phone recon as u said..  but if ppl are getting approved via phone recon without CPC or anything else special this is good to know...

What do you mean care about inquiry if denied? We believe the CSR trumps all other cards / offers and we can stay busy with spend thresholds for at least a few months on it.... I would ideally like to open CSR for me, SO , both parents and my brother. :)

There are *some* people getting approved via phone recon that are not CPCs. Since that's the only option in your case, you might as well try or find someone who's good at recon to call for you. :)

Many people here say the number of inquiries on your credit report is over-rated. Other people don't like an inquiry without a card. Different strategies have been utilized. It just personal preference.

1. Apply for CC, if denied apply for different CC from same issuer to get the pulls combined and possibly get at least one CC. (If done on the same day and both are personal cards)
2 Apply for CC, if approved, apply for another CC from same issuer to get the pulls combined and possibly get two new CCs. (If done on the same day and both are personal cards).
3. Apply for CC, stop there.

I thought you had already applied and it went to recon, but based on your last sentence it sounds like you haven't applied yet.

Offline stern0m1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 28, 2016, 09:16:11 AM »
Any one know how long it takes to get the travel credit?

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 28, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »
And how many new cards have u had in last 24?

if you include business cards then I am way over 5/24  :P

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 28, 2016, 09:36:33 AM »

5/24 really exists ?

If you didn't have 5 new accounts showing on your report, then the system didn't recognize you as 5/24. Additionally, if you 3BMed when you were under 5/24, the system didn't recognize any of the applications as 5/24 at time of application. Kapisch?
JTZ

Offline Hamavin

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 28, 2016, 10:02:40 AM »
You can 3bm card #s 5,6,and 7?