Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1243632 times)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #1100 on: August 29, 2016, 12:11:09 PM »
Is there a difference in the message you get. 7-10 day message good or bad?
Message in email and on application screen is irrelevant. Message on automated status line is more pertinent.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Online Abebee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #1101 on: August 29, 2016, 12:12:21 PM »
Card just came through the mail slot with UPS express.

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 29, 2016, 12:13:32 PM »
Card just came through the mail slot with UPS express.
Stop teasing those who aren't approved.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 29, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »
has anyone gotten approved for the reserve and preferred at once?
Yes

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 29, 2016, 12:41:48 PM »
Message in email and on application screen is irrelevant. Message on automated status line is more pertinent.

So, I was not pre-approved in store, applied online, and got an message that they'll decide soon, the e-mail said they'll decide within 30 days, so I just call them and say I wasn't sure if they needed more info?  I think I'm exactly 5/24.  Sorry for ignorant questions (yes, I have read this thread) but just have never done this before.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 29, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »
That is what I am asking about.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 29, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »
That is what I am asking about.

I also have no idea what this is.  This is the exact message I got.  I'm assuming I'm not declined automatically because I got it before for a different Chase card, I think the Ink, they had questions about why our income and expenses didn't match up (we hadn't added in our income from rental properties but the mortgages were showing up, once we explained them we were approved):

Here's what you can expect next:
   We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 29, 2016, 01:00:58 PM »
Banker told me if I'm pre approved for other cards, still gives me better charms for CSR approval. Is there any credence to that?

Offline Oceanblue

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 29, 2016, 01:03:57 PM »
I also have no idea what this is.  This is the exact message I got.  I'm assuming I'm not declined automatically because I got it before for a different Chase card, I think the Ink, they had questions about why our income and expenses didn't match up (we hadn't added in our income from rental properties but the mortgages were showing up, once we explained them we were approved):

Here's what you can expect next:
   We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

That's their standard reply but it doesn't give you any information whether you were approved or not. The automated message you hear when you PUTPAC to check the status of your application is more telling, and gives you information whether you were declined (reply in 7-10 days) or if its still pending (reply in 2 weeks)

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 29, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
That's their standard reply but it doesn't give you any information whether you were approved or not. The automated message you hear when you PUTPAC to check the status of your application is more telling, and gives you information whether you were declined (reply in 7-10 days) or if its still pending (reply in 2 weeks)

So I'm actually on the phone right now.  She said that it is showing declined because of too many cards.  I'm exactly 5/24 with 3 chase cards and 2 AMEX showing, they already did not factor in the the AU accounts.  She told for this reason and since it was processed as already declined this morning (maybe if I would have called right away last night I would have been ok) there is no way to reconsider it.  She did give me the date that I opened the first of these accounts and when that one should drop off and I should reply.  Not the answer I wanted but at least she was very clear.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »
So I'm actually on the phone right now.  She said that it is showing declined because of too many cards.  I'm exactly 5/24 with 3 chase cards and 2 AMEX showing, they already did not factor in the the AU accounts.  She told for this reason and since it was processed as already declined this morning (maybe if I would have called right away last night I would have been ok) there is no way to reconsider it.  She did give me the date that I opened the first of these accounts and when that one should drop off and I should reply.  Not the answer I wanted but at least she was very clear.
I would huca if I were you, it's worth a shot.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 29, 2016, 01:23:26 PM »
Did she give a date to the exact day, (like Nov 13) or just a general month?

Offline PPLA

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 29, 2016, 01:38:52 PM »
I have been an AU on chase cards for about 2or 3years.
-have opened a secure credit card for BOA for 1 year now
-paying off a car finance and have taken out some student loans all of which have given me a solid credit score
-have a checking account with chase.
-In the past i was preapproved for the CSP

With all this being said, what are my chances to get approved for the CSR, As my first real card.

Also, I wouldn't pull a 2BM unless  declined for the CSR because I don't want to waste a pull, yet I don't want to ruin chances by doing a 2BM straight out [i.e ritz]

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 29, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »
I would huca if I were you, it's worth a shot.

Ok, you're right although has anyone who is not CPC, was showing outright declined in the computer for 5/24, actually had success?  It seems like the people that had success, caught it when it was still pending.  :-\

Did she give a date to the exact day, (like Nov 13) or just a general month?

She told me the month.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 29, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
Any tips for what to say to the CPC banker when trying to get CPC without $250K?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1115 on: August 29, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »
Any tips for what to say to the CPC banker when trying to get CPC without $250K?
I hope you enjoy Single Malt... ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 29, 2016, 01:48:06 PM »
I hope you enjoy Single Malt... ;)
lol

Offline PPLA

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 29, 2016, 01:48:29 PM »
Its not what you say, its what you hand them $$. Lol
 But after following this thread for a while seems like your best shot is to get on a joint account with a CPC or have a friend who is a CPC banker.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 29, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »
Its not what you say, its what you hand them $$. Lol
 But after following this thread for a while seems like your best shot is to get on a joint account with a CPC or have a friend who is a CPC banker.
Yet, I still haven't seen a report of a dollar amount that someone got approved for. Are people doing it with 200K? Pulling it off with just 50K?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1119 on: August 29, 2016, 02:00:23 PM »
People have pulled it off with $1,000.
It's all about your relationship with the banker. Or promises of future account funding.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.