Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1242875 times)

Offline Marko Rubio

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #1160 on: August 29, 2016, 05:58:44 PM »
I know it was asked here already but didn't see a answer yet so will give it another try, any date until this 100k offer is avail?
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 29, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 29, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »
 I was offered CPC a few times and declined. Maybe I should ask now ?

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 29, 2016, 06:22:50 PM »
Why did you decline? Any fees involved?

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 29, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »
Why not, if you won't have to add any money to chase that you don't want to, it's not like it costs you anything.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 29, 2016, 06:37:02 PM »
Why not, if you won't have to add any money to chase that you don't want to, it's not like it costs you anything.

Why did you decline? Any fees involved?

Didnt want to fend off salesmen trying to push Chase investments on me .
No fees AFAIK .

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 29, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »
IME,  when you have an issue with your account and need a bankers help, they often tell you to go to your assigned private client banker. One of the cons of CPC.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 29, 2016, 07:00:44 PM »
IME,  when you have an issue with your account and need a bankers help, they often tell you to go to your assigned private client banker. One of the cons of CPC.

Actually  I am very friendly with a guy  at the Bank.

The Mgr.  has done large intra bank  transfers for me when I was away in Europe.

I used him the guy I know well and succefully applied for an INK once, then the second time I applied and was denied, he  sent in the form , and I was still denied.
  I have a feeling they noted my account, is that possible ?  They look at me funny now.  Guilt LOL

Offline DXD

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 29, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »
if it doesn't show in your credit report chase shouldn't be able to see it.

Ok - mind blown. I thought that business cards would show in credit reports, but credit utilization on them was not?

Offline Triple Canopy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 29, 2016, 07:21:30 PM »
Ok - mind blown. I thought that business cards would show in credit reports, but credit utilization on them was not?

For the majority of business cards, they only appear if you default.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 29, 2016, 09:17:15 PM »
I know it was asked here already but didn't see a answer yet so will give it another try, any date until this 100k offer is avail?
Not known. One of the bankers I spoke to today said its not a promotional offer but that it's the standard offer unless if they see things aren't right & need to change.

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 29, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »
I'm way over 5/24, so I figured I'd try my luck walking into a Chase branch and asking if I had any pre-approved offers available.  The banker told me I was pre-approved for everything.  (!)  So I applied for the CSR and then the Freedom Unlimited.

The CSR application was instantly approved, with an absurdly high credit limit.  The FU application returned the 7-10 business days message, to the banker's surprise.  He tried calling the lending department to argue on my behalf, but not dice - rejected due to 5/24.  He even offered (with my permission) to close an extra Freedom account that I don't use to free up the credit line, but that didn't work.  He was very apologetic (and he tried to talk me into CPC).

I'm not sure what to do now.  Sit and wait and try again in a few months?  Or call to convert the spare Freedom account to FU and forego the 15k-point bonus?  (Is it safe to assume that, if I convert Freedom to FU now, I could close the account at some point in the future and apply for a new one and be eligible for the bonus then?)  I'd need to spend $30k on the FU (not including anything I'd charge to a different card in any case, like Freedom bonus categories and dining/travel) to offset the "lost" 15k points - but I suppose they aren't lost if I can apply at some point in the future.

Is it worth trying to apply for the FU online today, even though I already tried in the branch just a few hours ago, or would that confuse everything?

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 29, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »
If an application is pending, does it pay to wait and see or is it better to call recon right away?
Anyone know?

Offline puppydogs

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 29, 2016, 09:59:50 PM »

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 29, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »
Call right away
Recon is closed now, can i speak to any other chase agent or do i have to wait until they open in the AM?

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 29, 2016, 10:20:35 PM »

not sure what to do now.
Apply for another card, Ritz for example.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1176 on: August 29, 2016, 10:29:02 PM »
I'm way over 5/24, so I figured I'd try my luck walking into a Chase branch and asking if I had any pre-approved offers available.  The banker told me I was pre-approved for everything.  (!)  So I applied for the CSR and then the Freedom Unlimited.

The CSR application was instantly approved, with an absurdly high credit limit.  The FU application returned the 7-10 business days message, to the banker's surprise.  He tried calling the lending department to argue on my behalf, but not dice - rejected due to 5/24.  He even offered (with my permission) to close an extra Freedom account that I don't use to free up the credit line, but that didn't work.  He was very apologetic (and he tried to talk me into CPC).

I'm not sure what to do now.  Sit and wait and try again in a few months?  Or call to convert the spare Freedom account to FU and forego the 15k-point bonus?  (Is it safe to assume that, if I convert Freedom to FU now, I could close the account at some point in the future and apply for a new one and be eligible for the bonus then?)  I'd need to spend $30k on the FU (not including anything I'd charge to a different card in any case, like Freedom bonus categories and dining/travel) to offset the "lost" 15k points - but I suppose they aren't lost if I can apply at some point in the future.

Is it worth trying to apply for the FU online today, even though I already tried in the branch just a few hours ago, or would that confuse everything?
What type of credit limit?

Offline m.m.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 29, 2016, 10:38:51 PM »
Recon is closed now, can i speak to any other chase agent or do i have to wait until they open in the AM?
they close 10

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 29, 2016, 10:44:39 PM »

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 29, 2016, 10:48:26 PM »
I never see Chase auto approvals over $50k.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ