Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1259956 times)

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #2260 on: November 01, 2016, 09:37:41 AM »
I finally hit the brick wall called 5/24 on the CSR. Even a conversation with a rep about her house buying decisions didn't help ::) . At least i salvaged a Ritz.

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 01, 2016, 10:13:14 AM »
I haven't checked this thread lately. Is EZ-pass no longer considered travel? I just had an EZ-Pass charge hit and I got no credit plus when I expand the charge online it doesn't show as travel. It just shows 1 point per dollar instead of 3.

Offline NYHeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 01, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »
I haven't checked this thread lately. Is EZ-pass no longer considered travel? I just had an EZ-Pass charge hit and I got no credit plus when I expand the charge online it doesn't show as travel. It just shows 1 point per dollar instead of 3.
I just called Chase and they said the EZ-pass charge was coded as government services - other and not travel. The rep I spoke with also indicated that he thought it used to count as travel but it could possibly be a recent change.

Did anyone have a recent EZ-pass charge that counted as travel? My charge was from 10/29 and posted on 10/31 and is from the NY EZ-pass though the charge just says the following:
   EZPASS PREPAID TOLL      $55.00
 Print   800-333-8655, NY 103140000 US
Online, Mail, or Telephone transaction      
Rewards earned1   
+ 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases   55.00   
Total rewards   55.00      Points

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 01, 2016, 12:18:30 PM »
I had an ez-pass charge on my wife's CSR that received travel credit on 10/20. Its also coded as travel for 3x points. It was NJ ez-pass though, dont know if that makes the difference....

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: November 01, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »
I just called Chase and they said the EZ-pass charge was coded as government services - other and not travel. The rep I spoke with also indicated that he thought it used to count as travel but it could possibly be a recent change.

Did anyone have a recent EZ-pass charge that counted as travel? My charge was from 10/29 and posted on 10/31 and is from the NY EZ-pass though the charge just says the following:
   EZPASS PREPAID TOLL      $55.00
 Print   800-333-8655, NY 103140000 US
Online, Mail, or Telephone transaction      
Rewards earned1   
+ 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases   55.00   
Total rewards   55.00      Points

10/23 Ezpass NY still coded as travel

Offline rng

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: November 01, 2016, 12:30:10 PM »
I applied for this card and have quite a few cards with chase for a long time.
My application for the chase sapphire reserve card wasn't even processed as they have said that I wouldn't get approved "due to previous unsatisfactory relationships with chase".
I tried speaking to a supervisor but to no avail they would approve my application.
The only story I can think of is that I transferred UR from my account a few years ago and maybe they got suspicious.
I had no points in my account as they were all transferred to an airline account so didn't notice anything disappear and so I went on with life and now every time I apply for a chase card I get denied.
I am within the 5/24 rule so that shouldn't be an issue.
Even though my credit is great and even got a few large credit line increases on my existing chase cards like BA, sapphire and ink.
I am ready to pay anyone who thinks they can speak to chase and get this resolved for me, please pm me if you're interested or if anyone is able to help with advice by responding that is appreciated as well.

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #2266 on: November 01, 2016, 12:52:09 PM »
My application for the chase sapphire reserve card wasn't even processed as they have said that I wouldn't get approved "due to previous unsatisfactory relationships with chase".
I tried speaking to a supervisor but to no avail they would approve my application.
The only story I can think of is that I transferred UR from my account a few years ago and maybe they got suspicious.
I had no points in my account as they were all transferred to an airline account so didn't notice anything disappear and so I went on with life and now every time I apply for a chase card I get denied.
Even though my credit is great and even got a few large credit line increases on my existing chase cards like BA, sapphire and ink.
I am ready to pay anyone who thinks they can speak to chase and get this resolved for me, please pm me if you're interested or if anyone is able to help with advice by responding that is appreciated as well.
try going into the branch a banker should be able to tell you what you did wrong

Offline rng

• View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: November 01, 2016, 01:13:41 PM »
try going into the branch a banker should be able to tell you what you did wrong
how does that help me? I know what it was

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #2268 on: November 01, 2016, 01:19:27 PM »
You transfered UR to another account?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline rng

• View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: November 01, 2016, 01:19:35 PM »
What can I tell them, or can someone call on my behalf to help resolve this, willing to pay...

Offline rng

• View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: November 01, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »
There's nothing wrong with transferring UR to airlines, why do you think that's the reason?
because the person who did the transfer transferred ot to someone else airline account not my or family name

Offline NYHeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: November 01, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
because the person who did the transfer transferred ot to someone else airline account not my or family name
So you sold UR points and now Chase won't give you another sign-up bonus. Seems pretty reasonable. I'm not sure what you can do but I'd try just being truthful and asking how much longer you have to wait until you can get approved again. Don't outright admit that you sold miles but try being as open and honest as possible. Of course, if you plan on selling miles again then I wouldn't bother at all.

On the other hand you can take a different course of action and lie. Find out who the person was that had the miles transferred from your account to theirs. Then attempt to claim that he/she is a friend/acquaintance of yours. Of course, then you're blatantly lying and you have to decide on your own if that's something you want to do. Lying when it involves a financial benefit seems awfully close to stealing.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: November 01, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »
So you sold UR points and now Chase won't give you another sign-up bonus. Seems pretty reasonable. I'm not sure what you can do but I'd try just being truthful and asking how much longer you have to wait until you can get approved again. Don't outright admit that you sold miles but try being as open and honest as possible. Of course, if you plan on selling miles again then I wouldn't bother at all.

On the other hand you can take a different course of action and lie. Find out who the person was that had the miles transferred from your account to theirs. Then attempt to claim that he/she is a friend/acquaintance of yours. Of course, then you're blatantly lying and you have to decide on your own if that's something you want to do. Lying when it involves a financial benefit seems awfully close to stealing.
do you work for chase?

Offline NYHeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: November 01, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »
No, just using common sense. Generally I find that being nice and honest resolves most issues.

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: November 01, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »
I know someone who had the same problem and it came out that they made a mistake with his social and got mixed up with someone else who was shady and theeefore his account was bad. He resolved it and got 100,000 ba points. So you should go in branch it might not be anything...

Offline rng

• View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 01, 2016, 02:33:51 PM »
I know someone who had the same problem and it came out that they made a mistake with his social and got mixed up with someone else who was shady and theeefore his account was bad. He resolved it and got 100,000 ba points. So you should go in branch it might not be anything...
what if i go in to branch and they it was because of selling points?

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #2276 on: November 01, 2016, 02:39:16 PM »
what if i go in to branch and they it was because of selling points?
the whole reason to go to the branch is if you did nothing wrong and it was a mistake or if you do not know what you did wrong. It seems that you know what you did wrong and were correctly banned. So going to the branch won't help you.

Offline rng

• View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 01, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »
the whole reason to go to the branch is if you did nothing wrong and it was a mistake or if you do not know what you did wrong. It seems that you know what you did wrong and were correctly banned. So going to the branch won't help you.
correct I had someone transfer points without knowing at the time that this would be an issue, I know for the future not to do this again, the question is what do I say now that can get me out of this mess?

Offline CreamofSoup

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 01, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »
correct I had someone transfer points without knowing at the time that this would be an issue, I know for the future not to do this again, the question is what do I say now that can get me out of this mess?

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat. Ignorance of the the law is not an excuse.

Offline jameswacht

• View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 01, 2016, 04:33:20 PM »
Is there anyway to sell UR without raising suspicion?