Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1266466 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #2460 on: November 22, 2016, 09:02:33 AM »
No it is for everyone. Get your credit now!!!
You're quite the motivational guy when you want to be!
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 22, 2016, 09:56:59 AM »
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 22, 2016, 11:30:25 AM »
just applied. got a 7-10 days wait on the screen after submitting and when i call the app status number it says "you will be notified in 30 days" wonder what to make out of it.. used to be either 7-10 days or 2 weeks..

So called recon/landing today they said i have too much open credit with them (15k personal SP and 59k in business IB and IP) so they cannot grant more credit based on my reported income (104). The only way to approve this card would be to take 10k from my SP and open the SR. I said fine, landed put me on hold for 20 min or so then came back that he can't move CL out out of the SP since it's a joint card (joint with my wife there)... he said there's nothing he can do, he has to elevate it to a senior lander which is gonna decide whether or not they can approve more credit.. a process of 1-2 weeks  :'( I'm basically missing the opportunity to still spend the $300 I travel fees for 2016  :'(

Anyone with such experience? Does it really take that long? And am I putting myself at risk of AA (scary to hear that a senior lander will review my case.. who knows what they're gonna decide) applied for 2 credit cards in the past 2 years and I have a perfect personal score but if they start looking at all credit cards from all the other institutions I'll end up with more like 120-130k in credit lines (including the 59k in chase business credit lines to which they have access to see).. can a senior lander get nervous and shut my accounts (a/k/a: AA) by deciding that I'm a risk?
P.S. My business is indeed a business (EIN) with 400k+ in revenue with a business chase checking account)

What do I make out of this?

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #2463 on: November 22, 2016, 11:45:33 AM »
So called recon/landing today they said i have too much open credit with them (15k personal SP and 59k in business IB and IP) so they cannot grant more credit based on my reported income (104). The only way to approve this card would be to take 10k from my SP and open the SR. I said fine, landed put me on hold for 20 min or so then came back that he can't move CL out out of the SP since it's a joint card (joint with my wife there)... he said there's nothing he can do, he has to elevate it to a senior lander which is gonna decide whether or not they can approve more credit.. a process of 1-2 weeks  :'( I'm basically missing the opportunity to still spend the $300 I travel fees for 2016  :'(

Anyone with such experience? Does it really take that long? And am I putting myself at risk of AA (scary to hear that a senior lander will review my case.. who knows what they're gonna decide) applied for 2 credit cards in the past 2 years and I have a perfect personal score but if they start looking at all credit cards from all the other institutions I'll end up with more like 120-130k in credit lines (including the 59k in chase business credit lines to which they have access to see).. can a senior lander get nervous and shut my accounts (a/k/a: AA) by deciding that I'm a risk?
P.S. My business is indeed a business (EIN) with 400k+ in revenue with a business chase checking account)

What do I make out of this?

Maybe have your wife get the card (if she hasn't yet) in the meantime -- at least you will be able to enjoy one $300 credit for 2016.

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 22, 2016, 12:12:45 PM »
Maybe have your wife get the card (if she hasn't yet) in the meantime -- at least you will be able to enjoy one $300 credit for 2016.

Of course. I applied for her at the same time yesterday and she got approved instantly.. just hoping mine gets approved soon. I'm a little confused with the $300 for 2016 though. If I get approved say on Friday the 25th and I spend the $300 in travel as soon as I receive it (let's assume by next Wednesday the 30th) being that I have a full month still in 2016 is that gonna do any good, or sinxe my first statement most likely won't print before January (or maybe I'm wrong?!) it's not gonna count towards 2016 anymore?

Thanks‎

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 22, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »
Of course. I applied for her at the same time yesterday and she got approved instantly.. just hoping mine gets approved soon. I'm a little confused with the $300 for 2016 though. If I get approved say on Friday the 25th and I spend the $300 in travel as soon as I receive it (let's assume by next Wednesday the 30th) being that I have a full month still in 2016 is that gonna do any good, or sinxe my first statement most likely won't print before January (or maybe I'm wrong?!) it's not gonna count towards 2016 anymore?

Thanks‎
once again, everyone has a statement some time in dec. if you dont get your $300 TC before that statement say bye bye. https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/sapphirereserve/travel  read the micro-print #3
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 22, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »

Thanks‎
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/98287

"As long as you spend the $300 in travel before the December 2016 statement prints you will be able to also spend $300 on travel in 2017 before the December 2017 statement."

Offline matmid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 22, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »
Will I receive $300 credit if its charged to a travel agency

Offline Jardins

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 22, 2016, 11:05:56 PM »
Will the ezpass "one time payment" count towards the $300 travel credit?

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 22, 2016, 11:11:38 PM »
Will the ezpass "one time payment" count towards the $300 travel credit?
Reported upthread, yes.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 23, 2016, 01:18:08 AM »
How long is it taking on average to get this card? Got approved yesterday. Online showing the payment due date is Jan 10th. Does that mean the statement will close Dec 10th? Any way to get the card expedited?

Offline Z56

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #2471 on: November 23, 2016, 04:41:34 AM »
How long is it taking on average to get this card? Got approved yesterday. Online showing the payment due date is Jan 10th. Does that mean the statement will close Dec 10th? Any way to get the card expedited?

Call chase. And ask them to expedite the card
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 23, 2016, 04:43:01 AM »
Statement closes 12/14. Plenty of time.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 23, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »
Statement closes 12/14. Plenty of time.
Is that date accurate? I have seen on other Chase cards that first so call payment date move.

"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jayhal

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #2474 on: November 23, 2016, 08:22:31 AM »
If last statement closed on 11/17 can I get the TC again for spending in November or October?

I have another that closes on the 27th. Same question for that one.

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: November 23, 2016, 09:36:10 AM »
will i get the bonus even if i spend the $4000 overseas? I keep hearing about that foreign trans can't be the makeup of the 4k?
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2476 on: November 23, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
will i get the bonus even if i spend the $4000 overseas?
Yes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 23, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »
will i get the bonus even if i spend the $4000 overseas? I keep hearing about that foreign trans can't be the makeup of the 4k?
Yes.
what about this from chases website ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 23, 2016, 09:47:41 AM »
what about this from chases website ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
No need to crosspost.

As long as you are not withdrawing cash or a cash equivalent, you are fine.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 23, 2016, 01:53:27 PM »
when's the last day to apply to make the $300 credit?