Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1242910 times)

Online tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #4900 on: June 25, 2019, 10:47:38 PM »
I'm a bit confused. What the difference between account replenishment and auto pay?
When you guy into your ezpass account and hit pay now and enter an amount, you will get the travel credit,

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: June 26, 2019, 05:37:48 PM »
It needs to be a manual charge, not auto pay
When you guy into your ezpass account and hit pay now and enter an amount, you will get the travel credit,
I just check my Sapphire Reserve account for which I have my EZ-Pass setup to charge when funds are needed. The charges have triggered the $300 annual credit.

According to this DDMS post, "Prepaid EZPass tolls loaded with the one-time payment option online or over the phone. If the system auto-loads then it may not count as travel, though it usually does."
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Online jacobs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: June 26, 2019, 10:20:11 PM »
I just check my Sapphire Reserve account for which I have my EZ-Pass setup to charge when funds are needed. The charges have triggered the $300 annual credit.

According to this DDMS post, "Prepaid EZPass tolls loaded with the one-time payment option online or over the phone. If the system auto-loads then it may not count as travel, though it usually does."

Thank. This is what I thought.

Offline puddles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: June 27, 2019, 08:41:51 AM »

Offline Luvtotravel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: June 27, 2019, 02:34:08 PM »
How soon after downgrading the reserve to a freedom will the priority pass be cancelled?
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Online tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #4905 on: June 28, 2019, 10:31:16 AM »

IIRC there were different periods of time, sometimes it counted and sometimes it didn't.

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: August 13, 2019, 01:48:11 PM »
Industry/MCC RECREATION/ AMUSEMENT FACILITIES - 7999
will this give me the $300 travel credit?

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: August 19, 2019, 10:08:02 PM »
I tried searching for this question, I would appreciate any help. If someone in my family owns the reserve card can I who does not have a reserve card. Can I use his card to get Global Entry free. I want to renew my Global entry.

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #4908 on: August 19, 2019, 10:09:04 PM »
I tried searching for this question, I would appreciate any help. If someone in my family owns the reserve card can I who does not have a reserve card. Can I use his card to get Global Entry free. I want to renew my Global entry.
Yes. You can utilize his credit.

Offline dealtastic

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: August 19, 2019, 11:31:52 PM »
The benefit is really just a statement credit to offset the charge, so it doesn't matter who uses it.

Offline ROYA

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: September 20, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
Hi all,

Someone I know wants to downgrade his CSR card. Should he wait to take advantage of the $300 annual travel credit and then  downgrade? Or would this raise red flags with Chase?

Warm regards,

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: September 20, 2019, 06:06:13 PM »
Hi all,

Someone I know wants to downgrade his CSR card. Should he wait to take advantage of the $300 annual travel credit and then  downgrade? Or would this raise red flags with Chase?

Warm regards,
I did it, and had no issue.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline barterback

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Reddit
« Reply #4912 on: September 20, 2019, 09:02:35 PM »

That's exactly how you get the Global Entry for the whole family. Don't forget the kids, everyone needs GE :) You can basically pay GE/TSA Pre fees for anyone and get the credit, CC issuer does not get to know for whom you paid the fees.
New here, but have a solid reputation on Reddit Churning: https://www.reddit.com/user/barterback

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4913 on: September 22, 2019, 08:55:16 PM »
The benefit is really just a statement credit to offset the charge, so it doesn't matter who uses it.
+1
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: September 22, 2019, 09:15:00 PM »
I did it, and had no issue.
+1
No issue.

Offline chaimh770

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: October 02, 2019, 05:05:16 PM »
Anyone with experience doing a purchase protection claim for lost item in the terms and conditions it says the purchase protection includes "involuntary and accidental parting with property within 120 days from the date of purchase"

Offline metsgiantsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: October 03, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »
Sorry as I know this was mentioned many times but I went back a bunch of pages and couldnt find the answer, and I am not reading all 335 pages of this thread. My wife has the reserve card, I used to have a copy of hers but it expired. Whats the best way to go about getting a second card so I can use it? If i report it lost, wont they switch the numbers and exp date?

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4917 on: October 03, 2019, 03:02:13 PM »
Sorry as I know this was mentioned many times but I went back a bunch of pages and couldnt find the answer, and I am not reading all 335 pages of this thread. My wife has the reserve card, I used to have a copy of hers but it expired. Whats the best way to go about getting a second card so I can use it? If i report it lost, wont they switch the numbers and exp date?
You can request a replacement card online IIRC
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Aron27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: October 03, 2019, 04:39:05 PM »
Add yourself as an authorized user and then cancel. The card with still work.

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #4919 on: October 03, 2019, 08:34:14 PM »
I product changed in may from a CSP to CSR and I still haven't been charged $450...