Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1243390 times)

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #4940 on: November 11, 2019, 11:01:06 AM »
You should be able to link the accounts.
Go to the ultimate rewards page the. Look for combine points. See attached pic, you will need the account number and name.
That's only for combining UR points from 1 chase account to another. I'm asking about sending the points from my chase account to my spouse's airline or hotel program account.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #4941 on: November 11, 2019, 11:34:16 AM »
That's only for combining UR points from 1 chase account to another. I'm asking about sending the points from my chase account to my spouse's airline or hotel program account.
Same way to send UR.
Not sure about spouse airline or hotel programs

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: November 11, 2019, 09:14:16 PM »
IME it is extremely difficult to convert a card multiple times within a year, I've hucad and repeatedly been told it's not eligible on such accounts. On accounts where it has been over 12 months in that product I have no issue switching it.

I just called chase and switched back to the CSR in just a few minutes, no hassle at all.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yids

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: November 12, 2019, 08:24:13 AM »
if one doesn't need CSP anymore, should they cancel or downgrade? to what? TIA
Registered Travel Agent - SK Assist

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #4944 on: November 12, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »
if one doesn't need CSP anymore, should they cancel or downgrade? to what? TIA
If you fill up any of the freedom quarter categories, it definitely doesn't hurt to have an extra freedom card. 
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline metsgiantsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: November 14, 2019, 10:49:28 AM »
is there no longer a referral bonus for the reserve card? I have two ppl that want the card but i would love a referal bonus

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #4946 on: November 14, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »
is there no longer a referral bonus for the reserve card? I have two ppl that want the card but i would love a referal bonus
Nope.
Only option is to refer to CSP then upgrade after year 1

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4947 on: November 14, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
Referral bonus is my thanks for helping keep the lights on :)

http://dansdeals.com/go/csrqs
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline metsgiantsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: November 14, 2019, 06:41:16 PM »
Referral bonus is my thanks for helping keep the lights on :)

http://dansdeals.com/go/csrqs

oh yeah! for sure

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: November 21, 2019, 01:27:36 AM »
I just upgraded one of my cards to the Sapphire reserve and am eligible for the $300 travel credit. I want to book something now and put the taxes on this card to get the travel credit but i dont have the new credit card yet as I literally just did the product change. Can I use my old card that was just upgraded with its Exp and CVV? I understand that my card number will remain the same with the sapphire reserve but the exp and CVV will change so will I not be able to use the old card to count for travel credit?

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: November 21, 2019, 01:41:52 AM »
anybody has any info on this?
is it a matter of time till the fee rises?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-chase-to-add-dining-delivery-credit-to-chase-sapphire-reserve/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4951 on: November 21, 2019, 01:43:58 AM »
Sapphire preferred had $125 terms found years ago.

Wake me up when there's real info.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline oldguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: November 21, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »
I just upgraded one of my cards to the Sapphire reserve and am eligible for the $300 travel credit. I want to book something now and put the taxes on this card to get the travel credit but i dont have the new credit card yet as I literally just did the product change. Can I use my old card that was just upgraded with its Exp and CVV? I understand that my card number will remain the same with the sapphire reserve but the exp and CVV will change so will I not be able to use the old card to count for travel credit?
Yes

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: November 21, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
Yes
Yes that I can use the old card and count for travel credit or yes that I cant?

Offline oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: November 21, 2019, 03:15:18 PM »
Yes that I can use the old card and count for travel credit or yes that I cant?
Sorry for not being clear, You can use the old card too.

Offline jo

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: December 18, 2019, 07:36:56 PM »
Hi,
Im looking to upgrade to the Reserve from the Unlimited inorder to take advantage of the redemption bonus. I plan to really use the card going forward. Should I apply for the card separately and see if I can get a reconsideration on the signup bonus (being that I had the card two years ago), or just simply upgrade? Has this worked for anyone? Also, do they still have the ability to get the travel credit 2x, meaning once for 2019 and once for 2020?

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: December 18, 2019, 11:07:41 PM »
Hi,
Im looking to upgrade to the Reserve from the Unlimited inorder to take advantage of the redemption bonus. I plan to really use the card going forward. Should I apply for the card separately and see if I can get a reconsideration on the signup bonus (being that I had the card two years ago), or just simply upgrade? Has this worked for anyone? Also, do they still have the ability to get the travel credit 2x, meaning once for 2019 and once for 2020?
1)  if you received the sign up bonus less then 48 months ago then you will not get approved regardless of recon.
2) travel credit runs now on card member year, not calendar year.
I suggest you start reading before asking questions things changed in the past 2 years

Offline regalhome

• View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: January 02, 2020, 04:54:16 PM »
Hi,
I have both a Sapphire Reserve and an Amex platinum card, and I always saw, based on Dan's quinfecta model, that the Reserve was the better choice because there is a 50% break on the price, whereas the Amex only has a 35% refund on points. However, I've found that Amex consistently has better point value than Chase (besides that Amex Travel at times has better deals than the standard published fares). Am I doing something wrong?
I'm booking a flight from EWR to LAS, which costs $366.80
Chase reserve will give me that ticket for 24,453 MR points
Amex will give it to me for 36,680 points but with the 35% refund of 12,838, my final Amex point cost will be 23,842.
I have found this to be consistent with flights to Israel, Australia, etc.with much bigger savings. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: January 02, 2020, 05:15:22 PM »
Hi,
I have both a Sapphire Reserve and an Amex platinum card, and I always saw, based on Dan's quinfecta model, that the Reserve was the better choice because there is a 50% break on the price, whereas the Amex only has a 35% refund on points. However, I've found that Amex consistently has better point value than Chase (besides that Amex Travel at times has better deals than the standard published fares). Am I doing something wrong?
Amex will give it to me for 36,680 points but with the 35% refund of 12,838, my final Amex point cost will be 23,842.
I have found this to be consistent with flights to Israel, Australia, etc.with much bigger savings. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Amex doesn't give as many point as Chase does for purchases

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: January 03, 2020, 10:28:39 AM »
Hi,
Thanks!
With a reserve, depending on the combination of other Chase cards you have, you can be earning anywhere from 2.25 points/dollar to 7.5 points/dollar easily. With Amex platinum you can't.

Additionally, while with your example you end up spending less points with Amex for that same ticket, you still need to have the 36k points available to lay out for the ticket before getting the 35% refunded. On a higher priced item this can be quite significant.