Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1259986 times)

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #5040 on: February 10, 2020, 04:33:47 PM »
New fee will hit me on 4/1/2020, and I dont think that with the new fee, this card is worth for me. I currently have about 160,000 UR points.

I signed up for Reserve in March 18, Sapphire Preferred (March 18), and Ink Preferred in May 18. I closed Sapphire Preferred and Ink Preferred in April 19. I haven't signed for any other card since 2018.

Is there any other card that I can sign up, get some sign-on bonus URs (if possible) and transfer my existing UR to this new card? I understand I will lose out on the better exchange rate if I dont have the Reserve card, but I feel $250 fee (after taking out $300 for travel credit) is too much for what I get out of the card. 

Thanks for your help and guidance.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: February 10, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
New fee will hit me on 4/1/2020, and I dont think that with the new fee, this card is worth for me. I currently have about 160,000 UR points.

I signed up for Reserve in March 18, Sapphire Preferred (March 18), and Ink Preferred in May 18. I closed Sapphire Preferred and Ink Preferred in April 19. I haven't signed for any other card since 2018.

Is there any other card that I can sign up, get some sign-on bonus URs (if possible) and transfer my existing UR to this new card? I understand I will lose out on the better exchange rate if I dont have the Reserve card, but I feel $250 fee (after taking out $300 for travel credit) is too much for what I get out of the card. 

You can open a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited, but your UR will have much less value, and will not transfer to airlines, unless you open a card that allows it. You can upgrade the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited to a Sapphire preferred or reserve, but you'd have to wait a year from when you open the card.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: February 10, 2020, 10:37:29 PM »

Ink unlimited will get you 50k points but no airline mile trasferability

Offline loveddeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: February 11, 2020, 10:45:58 AM »
Thanks for the replies. So, there is no card that will transfer to the airlines unless I have a specific card that allows it?

And why cant I sign up for Sapphire Preferred and get bonus points? It will be 2 years in March when I last opened the card, but less than a year of account closure.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: February 11, 2020, 10:52:54 AM »
Thanks for the replies. So, there is no card that will transfer to the airlines unless I have a specific card that allows it?

And why cant I sign up for Sapphire Preferred and get bonus points? It will be 2 years in March when I last opened the card, but less than a year of account closure.
You need to wait 48 months from when your last bonus posted, to get another sapphire. The ink is still 24 months I believe, so maybe open a freedom/FU or one of the free inks, and then open an Ink Preferred once you're eligible again.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline YoniPDX

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: "Do you KNOW WHO I AM......cause I forget, and where was I sitting?" Club Member
« Reply #5045 on: February 12, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »
Question about PC CSR--

Wife PC from CSP (8.2018 SUB) November 2018  partial refund -  but the AF for CSR didn't post till July 2019 - Travel credits posted December 2018/2019.   DW refereed me CSP 10.2018 before PC. I'm thinking of PC to CSR.

JPMC mailed about AF increase and that need to reply by cancel by March or May.

If she PC her card to CF - will they clawback travel credits or Dash credits or would they prorate the AF refund?   Or should I wait till AF post then PC.

TIA

Offline Mootkim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: February 12, 2020, 08:18:52 PM »
If someone booked tickets with reserve but then cancelled their card and now have a trip delay after the card is cancelled, can they get the travel reimbursement from the reserve being that it was booked on it?

Offline YoniPDX

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: "Do you KNOW WHO I AM......cause I forget, and where was I sitting?" Club Member
« Reply #5047 on: February 12, 2020, 08:20:44 PM »
If someone booked tickets with reserve but then cancelled their card and now have a trip delay after the card is cancelled, can they get the travel reimbursement from the reserve being that it was booked on it?

IIRC - You don't, its only valid while card is active.   

Online shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: February 12, 2020, 11:16:07 PM »

I think you would in general with cards besides Amex. Ask them.

Offline Mootkim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: February 13, 2020, 12:23:02 AM »
I think you would in general with cards besides Amex. Ask them.
Yes I called them and they said that they would cover even if the card is no longer active

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 07, 2020, 12:47:12 PM »
Where can I find more recent info re this card? The wiki is hopelessly outdated. Is there a DDMS post? Or something else? Thanks.

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 10, 2020, 06:18:39 AM »

When I login to Chase, it says "You're already approved" for the Reserve and Preferred cards.[/size]A few questions:
[/size]1 - does that really mean I am approved, not subject to whatever?
[/size]2 - the Reserve offer is 50k UR, and the Preferred offer is 60k. Are these very good, good, or regular offers? IOW, is it worth waiting for a better offer to come around?
[/size]3 - can I get the bonus on both of these cards? Or does one knock out the other (there is language there: "This product and credit line is available to you if you don't have any Sapphire card, and haven't received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months." That is why I am asking this)
[/size]4 - if I can get the bonus on both, should I apply for both together? Or wait between them?
[/size]5 - any general thoughts re these cards would be appreciated, especially the Reserve, given the steep AF, whether it's worth it. (PMs welcome)
[/size]Thanks!

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #5052 on: May 10, 2020, 06:52:51 AM »
When I login to Chase, it says "You're already approved" for the Reserve and Preferred cards.[/size]A few questions:
[/size]1 - does that really mean I am approved, not subject to whatever?
[/size]2 - the Reserve offer is 50k UR, and the Preferred offer is 60k. Are these very good, good, or regular offers? IOW, is it worth waiting for a better offer to come around?
[/size]3 - can I get the bonus on both of these cards? Or does one knock out the other (there is language there: "This product and credit line is available to you if you don't have any Sapphire card, and haven't received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months." That is why I am asking this)
[/size]4 - if I can get the bonus on both, should I apply for both together? Or wait between them?
[/size]5 - any general thoughts re these cards would be appreciated, especially the Reserve, given the steep AF, whether it's worth it. (PMs welcome)
[/size]Thanks!
1) Just means you have good credit not an approval
2) great offers currently not worth waiting
3) you can only get a bonus on 1 sapphire card in 48 months however there is one way to bypass is applying for 1 card today then the other the next business day.... risky but sone say it's worth the risk.
4) get the higher bonus and you can always produce change to the other.
5) Reserve $300 travel credit cam easily offset the AF
With the benefits its worth $550
You can always just apply for the preferred $95 AF then change to the cwdd that will be best for your needs.

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: May 10, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
1) Just means you have good credit not an approval
2) great offers currently not worth waiting
3) you can only get a bonus on 1 sapphire card in 48 months however there is one way to bypass is applying for 1 card today then the other the next business day.... risky but sone say it's worth the risk.
4) get the higher bonus and you can always produce change to the other.
5) Reserve $300 travel credit cam easily offset the AF
With the benefits its worth $550
You can always just apply for the preferred $95 AF then change to the cwdd that will be best for your needs.
thanks for the detailed reply. 
Are you sure about #1?
Any more details re #3?

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #5054 on: May 10, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »
thanks for the detailed reply. 
Are you sure about #1?
Any more details re #3?
Yes.
If your willing to risk it lookup MDD

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: May 10, 2020, 12:29:41 PM »
Yes.
If your willing to risk it lookup MDD
MDD?

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: May 10, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: May 10, 2020, 12:49:58 PM »
Modified Double Dip GIYF
So it needs to be next day, not same day, correct? What are DDF DPs re the likelihood of this working? Meaning, that they allow both to stay alive and double bonus.

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: May 10, 2020, 12:50:59 PM »
Yes.
My Chase banker (who seems to know his stuff) told me that this language DOES mean actual approval.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: May 10, 2020, 02:52:01 PM »
My Chase banker (who seems to know his stuff) told me that this language DOES mean actual approval.
If the APR is a specific number it's usually instantly approved.
Doesn't mean you wont be approved without using the pre approved link. Chase will approve you regardless