Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1242889 times)

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #5060 on: May 10, 2020, 02:52:57 PM »
So it needs to be next day, not same day, correct? What are DDF DPs re the likelihood of this working? Meaning, that they allow both to stay alive and double bonus.
Was working up until recently. i never did it myself 

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: May 10, 2020, 02:55:53 PM »
If the APR is a specific number it's usually instantly approved.
Doesn't mean you wont be approved without using the pre approved link. Chase will approve you regardless
Please explain.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #5062 on: May 10, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »
Please explain.
if the T&C has a fixed APR for example 17.49 means your credit has already been checked and your 99% approved. regardless if you have a good credit history you should be approved by chase either way.
I recommend you should start reading more up thread and also the chase reconsideration thread so you will get an idea how chase works there is only that much i can teach you myself

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: May 10, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »
if the T&C has a fixed APR for example 17.49 means your credit has already been checked and your 99% approved. regardless if you have a good credit history you should be approved by chase either way.
I recommend you should start reading more up thread and also the chase reconsideration thread so you will get an idea how chase works there is only that much i can teach you myself
Thanks!

Offline Zevwolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: June 25, 2020, 10:50:58 PM »
E-Z*PASSNY PAYMENT
06/19   $50.00      
0 pts (pending)
Any idea why I don't get any points for this charge?

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: June 26, 2020, 01:01:44 AM »
E-Z*PASSNY PAYMENT
06/19   $50.00      
0 pts (pending)
Any idea why I don't get any points for this charge?
It was credited as part of the $300 travel credit which don't earn Rewards

Online jacobs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: June 26, 2020, 10:42:00 AM »
does the 5x grocery end at end of June ?

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: June 26, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
does the 5x grocery end at end of June ?
Yes

Offline eternity88

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: June 28, 2020, 07:03:54 AM »
Has anyone tried transferring points from a non household member so points can be valued more ? I have a friend with a  different address who wants to transfer the points to me so I can redeem it for a higher value but not sure if it works or anyone has tried it

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: June 28, 2020, 09:10:16 AM »
Are student loans counted as income for chase?
Hard to believe debt can be considered income.

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: June 28, 2020, 09:11:20 AM »
Has anyone tried transferring points from a non household member so points can be valued more ? I have a friend with a  different address who wants to transfer the points to me so I can redeem it for a higher value but not sure if it works or anyone has tried it
Works, but they might empty your account for going against their t&c

Offline devorahS

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: June 29, 2020, 06:51:35 AM »
If I paid for my daughters sleep away camp with the CSR will she be covered out of state for medical emergencies or do I need to purchase a travelers medical policy?

Offline CRACKERJACK

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: June 29, 2020, 07:31:13 AM »
Pretty sure it’s only for a flight bought by csr

Offline Freecountry

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: July 05, 2020, 07:04:28 PM »
you cannot the CSR if you have the card and/or got a bonus fir it in the last 48 months, does the 48 months go day to day meaning 48 months later to the day or is it to the month?

Offline Berenstein Bear

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: July 09, 2020, 12:16:59 PM »
Annual fee went down to $450 for renewals in July. But new applications still at $550?

Offline nylawyer

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: July 13, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »
Hi everyone, first post, sorry for the noob question. I currently have a Sapphire Preferred that I want to upgrade to a Sapphire Reserve. Since I'm going to be doing this anyway, I've been looking for a way to get the Reserve's 50,000 point signup bonus. I understand that when you upgrade directly from the Preferred to the Reserve you're not eligible for the bonus. I know that I can cancel my Preferred and then sign up for Reserve but by doing so I'd forfeit all of my current Ultimate Rewards points.

My question is this. Is it a viable workaround to downgrade my Sapphire Preferred to a Freedom Unlimited, open a new Sapphire Reserve, and then transfer my current points from the Freedom Unlimited to the Sapphire Reserve? Will this successfully meet my goals of keeping all of my existing points intact, and getting me the 50,000 point Reserve signup bonus?

Also, because I think you can only get a new card bonus once every 24 months, I got my Preferred card in June, 2018 and hit the sign-up bonus in August, 2018, so it's been more than 24 months since the last time I opened a card, but not quite 24 months since I last qualified for a card-opening bonus.

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: July 15, 2020, 01:09:08 AM »
Hi everyone, first post, sorry for the noob question. I currently have a Sapphire Preferred that I want to upgrade to a Sapphire Reserve. Since I'm going to be doing this anyway, I've been looking for a way to get the Reserve's 50,000 point signup bonus. I understand that when you upgrade directly from the Preferred to the Reserve you're not eligible for the bonus. I know that I can cancel my Preferred and then sign up for Reserve but by doing so I'd forfeit all of my current Ultimate Rewards points.

My question is this. Is it a viable workaround to downgrade my Sapphire Preferred to a Freedom Unlimited, open a new Sapphire Reserve, and then transfer my current points from the Freedom Unlimited to the Sapphire Reserve? Will this successfully meet my goals of keeping all of my existing points intact, and getting me the 50,000 point Reserve signup bonus?

Also, because I think you can only get a new card bonus once every 24 months, I got my Preferred card in June, 2018 and hit the sign-up bonus in August, 2018, so it's been more than 24 months since the last time I opened a card, but not quite 24 months since I last qualified for a card-opening bonus.
welcome to the forums. Firstly that is precisely the method everyone does. Downgrade to a free card and then transfer the points from that card to a reserve. The issue for you is that the sign up bonus on sapphire cards is once in 48 months and not 24 months. :(

Offline RebTuvia

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: July 15, 2020, 02:30:45 AM »
Why did my AF post $550?

Offline nylawyer

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: July 15, 2020, 09:42:30 PM »
welcome to the forums. Firstly that is precisely the method everyone does. Downgrade to a free card and then transfer the points from that card to a reserve. The issue for you is that the sign up bonus on sapphire cards is once in 48 months and not 24 months. :(

Darn, I just checked and it looks like that changed a few months after I got my card. I knew back when I signed up it was 24 months. Thanks for the quick and helpful response. Guess I'll just do a straight upgrade.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5079 on: July 15, 2020, 09:55:28 PM »
Why did my AF post $550?
New or renewal?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.