Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1261185 times)

Offline shmelke

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Shlepper Class
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #5280 on: February 05, 2021, 03:03:33 PM »
Annual Fee posting on 2/1/2021 only charged me $450!

What’s blue but not heavy???
Light Blue!

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: February 05, 2021, 03:16:07 PM »
Annual Fee posting on 2/1/2021 only charged me $450!

Now I had to check mine and got the same! Mine posted Feb 1.

Offline lafindumonde

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: February 10, 2021, 05:27:12 PM »
Now I had to check mine and got the same! Mine posted Feb 1.

I also got charged $450 on 2/1 which is great.  Expecting the fee to be $550, I was thinking of  doing a product changing and then applying for a Sapphire Preferred since my 48 months is coming up.  But if I wanted to upgrade back to the CSR, I would be charged $550?  If so, then I guess it's better to keep the CSR for the year.

Offline yomo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: February 14, 2021, 08:56:45 PM »
Insurance question - I used my wife's Sapphire Reserve for car rental under my name (same last name but different first name) and there is a damage claim on rental. Will I have issue with credit card insurance if first name on rental doesn't match name on credit card?

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #5284 on: February 14, 2021, 09:35:03 PM »
I also got charged $450 on 2/1 which is great.  Expecting the fee to be $550, I was thinking of  doing a product changing and then applying for a Sapphire Preferred since my 48 months is coming up.  But if I wanted to upgrade back to the CSR, I would be charged $550?  If so, then I guess it's better to keep the CSR for the year.
product upgrade got 550 annual fee

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: February 15, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »
Insurance question - I used my wife's Sapphire Reserve for car rental under my name (same last name but different first name) and there is a damage claim on rental. Will I have issue with credit card insurance if first name on rental doesn't match name on credit card?
anyone know the answer?

Offline snagger

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: February 15, 2021, 06:01:16 PM »
If i got a $300 travel credit at the end of last year, am i supposed to be eligible for another $300 in the beginning of this calendar year? They are telling me i’m only eligible later in the year.

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: February 15, 2021, 06:05:44 PM »
It's per cardmember year, so they are correct

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: February 22, 2021, 11:09:03 AM »

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: February 22, 2021, 04:14:12 PM »
Anybody familiar with the travel delay/cancellation insurance. Flight (mileage but used CC for taxes) was canceled due to weather however was able to get a different flight to an airport a few hours away. Can I claim the insurance for car rental reimbursement to get back to my original location?

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: February 23, 2021, 12:54:47 AM »
Anybody familiar with the travel delay/cancellation insurance. Flight (mileage but used CC for taxes) was canceled due to weather however was able to get a different flight to an airport a few hours away. Can I claim the insurance for car rental reimbursement to get back to my original location?
Not covered

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: February 23, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »
Not covered
Can I claim the "meal" reimbursement for dinner with proof of cancellation, or will they ask when my changed flight was?

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: February 25, 2021, 04:48:52 PM »
Can I claim the "meal" reimbursement for dinner with proof of cancellation, or will they ask when my changed flight was?
Trip delay insurance will cover if your flight was delayed for more then six hours for meals and lodging. Does that apply to you?

Offline free123cc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: February 28, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »
I have the chase sapphire preferred which I just received my second bonus 2 months ago. I also have the chase freedom unlimited which I've had for about 2 years. I want to take advantage of the pay yourself back deal and cash out a lot of my points on grocery/dining. is it possible for me to upgrade from the CFU to the CSR, get the CSR (obviously without a bonus) and then cash out all my combined chase points (between me and my wife) on the CSR for 1.5 Per point?

it would only be worth it for me if I can do this and not pay the full annual fee of 550. so if I can do this now, and cash out asap and then downgrade back to the CFU after I cash out, would I only have to pay the prorated fee? - of about 2 months worth.

also would I have a hard pull? what about if I am at 5/24 already?

thanks for your help

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #5295 on: March 31, 2021, 11:04:54 AM »
i want to get the chase saphire reserve so i can transfer my points to it and cash out via pyb....the issue is my wife likes to shop at bingo and bingo dosent code as a grocery store. another route would be to buy vgc in a grocery store like shoprite and then just use those for regular spending....does anyone have dp doing that? does chase allow that? would pyb still work on vgc in a grocery store?

thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5296 on: March 31, 2021, 11:18:34 AM »
Works fine
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: April 02, 2021, 01:34:58 AM »

i have a chase business ink cash (which was just downgraded from a chase business ink preferred about a week ago after having the chase business ink preferred for like 3 years) and would like to transfer my points to my son who has a chase sapphire reserve so i can then use pyb for 1.5 pp. we both have the same home address. however my chase business card is registered to my business address, which is a diff address. is it a issue to transfer the points to him? our license both say the same address its just the business is a diff address. Will chase flag it or shut me or him down?

Offline simplicity

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #5298 on: April 02, 2021, 02:02:05 AM »

i have a chase business ink cash (which was just downgraded from a chase business ink preferred about a week ago after having the chase business ink preferred for like 3 years) and would like to transfer my points to my son who has a chase sapphire reserve so i can then use pyb for 1.5 pp. we both have the same home address. however my chase business card is registered to my business address, which is a diff address. is it a issue to transfer the points to him? our license both say the same address its just the business is a diff address. Will chase flag it or shut me or him down?
as long as the address is the same, I wouldn’t be nervous

Offline ygygold

• View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: April 07, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »
I booked a ticket with Chase UR on KLM, but now I want to cancel the flight. Is it possible to get the points redeposited in my account rather than getting a KLM voucher?